My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
GD Willy show tonight

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Holy crap, this Sox announcer must have learned from John Rooney.

I have had the game on for less than an inning, and he has made at least six comments regarding the Sox getting screwed on ball and strike calls and explicitly said the Cubs are getting calls the Sox are not.

Dude is lobbying for a job with the Cardinal broadcast team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
GD Willy show tonight

Three years ago tonight he homered on the first pitch he saw. We watched from the front row of the LF bleachers as he sailed one to right center. (The other 5 came our way.)

Happy Anniversary, Willie. Grand slam and HR in two ABs and a runner caught stealing. Nice.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Sox announcers are discussing the fact that the Sox LF caught the final out Tuesday and threw the ball into the stands, and wishes he had kept it.

Seriously??

A win over the Cubs in June is a keepsake?

How pathetic are things for your team when that is worth putting in the trophy case???

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Still wish they were going Azolay tomorrow over Chatwood.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cards just got a walkoff HR from Goldschmidt after failing to score with bases loaded no outs in the 10th.

Crap/

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Still wish they were going Azolay tomorrow over Chatwood.

Cubs are in a winning window. With a shoulder impingement it could take months to recover. 2-4 weeks to just normal activities. And pitching a baseball at 90 MPH over 100 pitches is not normal. I'm not expecting him back until Sept honestly.

So I doubt that they gamble with a prospect over a proven talent. He will get a few games and if he impresses he will get more opportunities.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Cubs are in a winning window. With a shoulder impingement it could take months to recover. 2-4 weeks to just normal activities. And pitching a baseball at 90 MPH over 100 pitches is not normal. I'm not expecting him back until Sept honestly.

So I doubt that they gamble with a prospect over a proven talent. He will get a few games and if he impresses he will get more opportunities.
I heard 2 to 3 starts max so I seriously doubt he won’t return until September

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have designated reliever Tim Collins for assignment, per Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times. His 25-man roster spot’s going to promising pitching prospect Adbert Alzolay, who’s coming up from Triple-A Iowa.

The more notable move here is the call-up of Alzolay, a 24-year-old who rates as one of the Cubs’ best farmhands. Now 24, the right-handed Alzolay joined the Cubs as an international free agent out of Venezuela for just $10K in 2012. MLB.com currently ranks Alzolay fourth on the Cubs’ list of prospects and notes the team’s of the belief he could develop into a mid-rotation starter.

Alzolay has thrived this year at the Triple-A level, where he has pitched to a 3.09 ERA/3.10 FIP with 12.94 K/9 and 1.69 BB/9 in six starts and 32 innings. However, even though key starter Kyle Hendricks is on the injured list, the Cubs aren’t planning to have Alzolay join their rotation immediately. He’ll instead back up No. 5 starter Tyler Chatwood, who’s set to take the ball Thursday against the Mets.

Collins, meanwhile, has gone back and forth between Chicago and Iowa since the club signed him to a major league deal in late March. The 29-year-old lefty has thrown 7 2/3 innings this season in Chicago, with which he has allowed three earned runs on nine hits and three walks (with four strikeouts). Collins also owns a 2.12 ERA (with a far less encouraging 5.45 FIP) and 9.53 K/9 against 4.76 BB/9 in 17 Triple-A frames this season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I heard 2 to 3 starts max so I seriously doubt he won’t return until September

Impingement's take 6 months for full recovery. He would create new injuries while compensating. Jed said they are going to take is slow and evaluate the situation based off of season left.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Honestly with Alzolay called up to piggy back it has the feel of a long term solution and they are easing him in. I'm pretty sure that they are not going to sit around and wait for Kyle to heal. They are in win now mode. Kyle will not be rushed.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Good win. However, it was freakin' cold at Wrigley.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Three years ago tonight he homered on the first pitch he saw. We watched from the front row of the LF bleachers as he sailed one to right center. (The other 5 came our way.)

Happy Anniversary, Willie. Grand slam and HR in two ABs and a runner caught stealing. Nice.
Willson kills the white sox, which made it more questionable on why he sat Tuesday. He was the one cub that seemed to take this series personally.