The Rebuild Projection : Updated as we go

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rutherford is the lefty I'm thinking of especially.

With Moncada's versatility, and the DH spot they can build line-ups to match the pitchers they face with great versatility.

Some of those outfielders can be traded for the right piece, or adapt to 1B/DH/3B as necessary.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Eloy with a big night last night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to move to Las Vegas and call ourselves "White Hots"

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tim Anderson just died.... there goes the rebuild :(

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Madrigal went 3-4 last night and stole two bases. Robert went 2-5, stole three bases and scored 3 runs. Robert is hitting .314 and Nick is at .398. They both should be headed to AAA soon and each has a legitimate shot to be on the big club in 2020. A line up with Robert, Madrigal and Anderson will certainly stress opponents on the base paths. Moncada can run too. He just needs to refine his base stealing technique.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madrigal went 3-4 last night and stole two bases. Robert went 2-5, stole three bases and scored 3 runs. Robert is hitting .314 and Nick is at .398. They both should be headed to AAA soon and each has a legitimate shot to be on the big club in 2020. A line up with Robert, Madrigal and Anderson will certainly stress opponents on the base paths. Moncada can run too. He just needs to refine his base stealing technique.

Thats a ton of base speed pressure and you don't even have a CF yet.

Then you got Abreu/Jiminez/Vaughn hopefully bashing them around.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think either of them make AAA this year. I think that's where they start next season with a shot at promotion May 2020 if they rake early in AAA

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We could use Madrigal at 2B.... Sox seem to have a high rate of botched double plays... or I am just too critical lol

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't think either of them make AAA this year. I think that's where they start next season with a shot at promotion May 2020 if they rake early in AAA

Robert is going to AAA after the Futures Game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We could use Madrigal at 2B.... Sox seem to have a high rate of botched double plays... or I am just too critical lol

I don't think they moved Moncada for what they are rolling out now. They could have waited for Burger at 3B but after landing Madrigal made a long term decision. Sanchez and those guys are just getting exposed to be traded if they can get hot.

It will be Anderson/Moncada/Madrigal by June 2020 imo

With Burger getting traded for arms if Jiminez moves to 1B/DH and they keep Abreu. All signs do point to trading Abreu with the type of guys they will have at 1B/3B and RF/LF to fill the DH slot.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think they moved Moncada for what they are rolling out now. They could have waited for Burger at 3B but after landing Madrigal made a long term decision. Sanchez and those guys are just getting exposed to be traded if they can get hot.

It will be Anderson/Moncada/Madrigal by June 2020 imo

With Burger getting traded for arms if Jiminez moves to 1B/DH and they keep Abreu. All signs do point to trading Abreu with the type of guys they will have at 1B/3B and RF/LF to fill the DH slot.

If I am being honest I haven't been entirely happy with Tim Anderson's arm at SS...

I feel he has some really weak throws and/or inaccurate throws which have botched double plays.

Maybe I am just being picky, but I feel I see way too many opportunities to make a tough out or turn two that are squandered by Anderson/Sanchez, but I saw much the same with Anderson/Moncada last year.

That 2B/SS needs to get into a groove where turning two or even just normal ground balls are automatic outs... right now if the throw is long or we are trying to turn two I flip a coin in my head.

EDIT: I should add, I see the spectacular throws Anderson makes at times.... which is why it frustrates me when he botches seemingly easier throws from shorter distances, or can't get his feet/timing right.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Brett, and Ares...

Yeah...I have always been about buying a good catcher that can hit where available.

Here is the state of the current rebuild as far as I can see. And to be honest...the log jam at the corners/DH/outfield corners...

probably needs to be fixed, as much as I like Walker/Abreu/Vaughn/Jiminez/Moncado/Burger/Rutherford/Robert/Rodgriguez

If they decided to make some moves for arms, and keep Jay/McCann/Abreu as their leaders...Does that make sense? The only guy they are 12-24 months from actually replacing of those 3, surprisingly, is Abreu, who also carries highest trade value. But then again, remember Robert CHOSE THE WHITE SOX, and Abreu may have been a big reason why.

Can Jimenez get put in LF? With Robert in CF?
(summer 2020/21/22?)

1. Tim Anderson SS
2. Moncada 3B/2B / Burger 3b
3. Abreu 1B/ DH
4. Vaughn DH/1B
5. Jimenez RF/DH/1B
6. Robert LF / CF (might flip Abreu and Robert...can you have too much speed at the top of order?)
7. McCann / Castillo / Collins C
8. Madrigal 2B / Y Sanchez
9. Jay CF

CF / LF / 4th OF
Steel Walker RF / Rutherford RF / Gonzalez RF/CF / Basabe CF / L Garcia / Adolpho... may the best man win the last spot or two on this team. They project to end up with a surplus a bats they will have to adjust for defensive reasons, and probably trade some decent talent for that last arm or two or three.

1. Giolito
2. Free Agency / Rodon
3. Kopech
4. Cease
5. Lopez ?
6. Despaigne?

Bullpen: Dunning, Hansen, Burdi etc.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thanks Brett, and Ares...

Yeah...I have always been about buying a good catcher that can hit where available.

Here is the state of the current rebuild as far as I can see. And to be honest...the log jam at the corners/DH/outfield corners...

probably needs to be fixed, as much as I like Walker/Abreu/Vaughn/Jiminez/Moncado/Burger/Rutherford/Robert/Rodgriguez

If they decided to make some moves for arms, and keep Jay/McCann/Abreu as their leaders...Does that make sense? The only guy they are 12-24 months from actually replacing of those 3, surprisingly, is Abreu, who also carries highest trade value. But then again, remember Robert CHOSE THE WHITE SOX, and Abreu may have been a big reason why.

Can Jimenez get put in LF? With Robert in CF?
(summer 2020/21/22?)

1. Tim Anderson SS
3. Abreu 1B/ DH
4. Vaughn DH/1B
5. Jimenez RF/DH/1B
6. Robert LF / CF (might flip Abreu and Robert...can you have too much speed at the top of order?)
9. Jay CF

CF / LF / 4th OF
Steel Walker RF / Rutherford RF / Gonzalez RF/CF / Basabe CF / L Garcia / Adolpho... may the best man win the last spot or two on this team. They project to end up with a surplus a bats they will have to adjust for defensive reasons, and probably trade some decent talent for that last arm or two or three.

1. Giolito
2. Free Agency / Rodon
3. Kopech
4. Cease
5. Lopez ?
6. Despaigne?

Despaigne is a gas can. Please no! I can't imagine Eloy ever playing right field either.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fixed

1. Tim Anderson SS
3. Abreu 1B/ DH
4. Vaughn DH/1B
5. Jimenez LF / 1B / DH
6. Robert RF
9. Jay CF

Jimenez is gonna have to play some LF if you keep both Vaughn/Abreu

CF / 4th OF / DH
Steel Walker RF / Rutherford RF / Gonzalez RF/CF / Basabe CF / L Garcia / Adolpho... may the best men win the last spot or two on this team. They project to end up with a surplus of bats they will have to adjust for defensive reasons, and probably trade some decent talent for that last arm or two or three.

1. Giolito
2. Free Agency / Rodon
3. Kopech
4. Cease
5. Lopez ?
6. back-end FA / Nova