OFFICIAL - Top Sandwiches as determined by CCS

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone is raving about the new chicken sandwich at Popeyes chicken. Some say it’s better than Chick-fil-A. I haven’t been to either places cause I don’t have either near me and I rarely eat fast food but kind of interested with how highly recommended it is
I tried Chick fil a, tasted like a microwaveable frozen chicken patty from the grocery, first and last time I ever went there. How they're so highly rated on the American fast food scene is a big question mark for me. I tried the Popeyes sammich it is good/ better than average for me, and definitely better than anything I had at chicfilet.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone ever have Mr. Submarine?

We had one near my house as a kid, so my parents got it for lunch on weekends alot.... decent subs.

Not sure I get their loyalty to RC Cola lol.... 20+ years going strong.
I have, they make a good sub, would definitely do again. No idea on the RC.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I tried Chick fil a, tasted like a microwaveable frozen chicken patty from the grocery, first and last time I ever went there. How they're so highly rated on the American fast food scene is a big question mark for me. I tried the Popeyes sammich it is good/ better than average for me, and definitely better than anything I had at chicfilet.

I don’t doubt this one bit. When it comes to fast food all I ever get is usually Taco Bell or sub places and those are rare.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chick-Fil-A is def. over rated on the aspect. Their breakfast is better IMO. But, where they break apart from the pack is its customer service. It is the most well run fast food joint in the world. They blast people through the line at super sonic speed. They are always smiling and always polite. Every one I have ever been through has been the exact same way.

Popeyes is trash. Burger King ruined it and their fucking biscuits are dry hockey pucks now.

Popeyes ten years ago was the tits. Now, its just fucking disappointing.

But, I have had fast food 1 time in 8 months so maybe things have changed . lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back in the day I loved arbies especially when it was 5 for 5.00 my fat ass was rolling lol. Now I watch my weight religiously so even arbies won’t get love from me.
Arbies was gross except this turkey, bacon, ranch club and curly fries

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chick-Fil-A is def. over rated on the aspect. Their breakfast is better IMO. But, where they break apart from the pack is its customer service. It is the most well run fast food joint in the world. They blast people through the line at super sonic speed. They are always smiling and always polite. Every one I have ever been through has been the exact same way.

Popeyes is trash. Burger King ruined it and their fucking biscuits are dry hockey pucks now.

A friend is a Popeye's franchisee and they stress friendly service and cleanliness in all of his stores. Popeyes blows KFC, Browns, Church away as far as fast food chicken goes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

The new chicken sammie is really good. They put a lot of remoulade on it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) good quality deli hot corned beef on rye (yellow mustard). No schlotzky's
2) ham and brie on thin bagette ((Dijon mustard)
3) smoked turkey, bacon, avocado on toasted rosemary sourdough, spinach, garden tomato, mayo
4) smoked salmon and cream cheese on a toasted onion bagel
5) not to reignite the hot dog argument, but what about lobster rolls?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A friend is a Popeye's franchisee and they stress friendly service and cleanliness in all of his stores. Popeyes blows KFC, Browns, Church away as far as fast food chicken goes.
I am from where Popeyes originated. Trust me use to be way better. My family use to go to original place that Al Copeland stole the whole recipe from and built an empire. It’s trash now. Come down south and I’ll show you fried chicken. We aren’t fat from shitty food

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am from where Popeyes originated. Trust me use to be way better. My family use to go to original place that Al Copeland stole the whole recipe from and built an empire. It’s trash now. Come down south and I’ll show you fried chicken. We aren’t fat from shitty food
Ok, make the reservations, will I get to meet Chantelle?

And for the record my chicken review was only fast food chicken. As far as where to get a really good fried chicken up here, I don't know.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, make the reservations, will I get to meet Charlama

Ok, make the reservations, will I get to meet Chantelle?

And for the record my chicken review was only fast food chicken. As far as where to get a really good fried chicken up here, I don't know.
Chantelle passed away. Damaged insides. I got a new one. I still forgot to tell @tardigrade alll about her

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ultimately what's better, a cold sub or a hot sub?
I like a cold sub better. Unless it’s an Italian beef or Rueben sub

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) good quality deli hot corned beef on rye (yellow mustard). No schlotzky's
2) ham and brie on thin bagette ((Dijon mustard)
3) smoked turkey, bacon, avocado on toasted rosemary sourdough, spinach, garden tomato, mayo
4) smoked salmon and cream cheese on a toasted onion bagel
5) not to reignite the hot dog argument, but what about lobster rolls?

The lobster roll is a sandwich. And a good one when done correcty.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It's a tie.