satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@bearmick
As far as Texans supporting cast vs Bears supporting cast, I think between Modo and Bearly they said everyting that I would of bought up. Texans have a better overall supporting cast on the O then the Bears hands down. The only advantage is Bears Collective O-Line and TE and neither is a huge advantage.

The only thing that is in question is the offensive playbook. I think it is impossible to make a fair comparison. You have to remember that what the Texans currently run is not O'Brien's playbook, but a dumbed down version that is tailored made to highlight Watson's strengths. Could Watson even run Nady's system? Maybe he would excel. Maybe he would be benched. I think Nagy would have to make a lot of changes and do the same as O'Brien and we would never see Nagy's playbook.

Watson is still playing the see it throw it game. That is why you see a lot of broken plays and the holding on to the ball so long. I think someone referred his play as "chuck and duck" or somekinf of backyard football. I am not sure if he can ever be a system guy. Jay had the same problem, how long were you making these same excuses for Jay?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would trade all of our QBs for Deshaun Watson right now.
Right now?? I would not. Maybe next offseason if Mitch can’t make it to the NFCC. Then it’s probably time to explore all other options, but literally right now Watson would be so far behind in the system and not even having Chase to lean on would probably lead to a wasted season.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't necessarily disagree, but if we are dreaming can we just go with Mahomes?
I would be okay with Mitch + any 2 players for either Mahomes or Mayfield. I believe that those 2 are the future superstars that you can build a team around.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be okay with Mitch + any 2 players for either Mahomes or Mayfield. I believe that those 2 are the future superstars that you can build a team around.

I like Mayfield's skills but he seems like he is working towards pissing off his teammates on a regular basis.

We have Trubisky and that is that.

It is ok to acknowledge that he is behind both Mahomes and Watson right now, for now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What’s with all the Mayfield hype? Don’t get me wrong he’s a good QB but he’s yet to be anything better than average so far.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@bearmick
As far as Texans supporting cast vs Bears supporting cast, I think between Modo and Bearly they said everyting that I would of bought up. Texans have a better overall supporting cast on the O then the Bears hands down. The only advantage is Bears Collective O-Line and TE and neither is a huge advantage.

The only thing that is in question is the offensive playbook. I think it is impossible to make a fair comparison. You have to remember that what the Texans currently run is not O'Brien's playbook, but a dumbed down version that is tailored made to highlight Watson's strengths. Could Watson even run Nady's system? Maybe he would excel. Maybe he would be benched. I think Nagy would have to make a lot of changes and do the same as O'Brien and we would never see Nagy's playbook.

Watson is still playing the see it throw it game. That is why you see a lot of broken plays and the holding on to the ball so long. I think someone referred his play as "chuck and duck" or somekinf of backyard football. I am not sure if he can ever be a system guy. Jay had the same problem, how long were you making these same excuses for Jay?

Jay wasn't as good as Watson. Nor is Trubisky. So we can look at styles all day, but performance speaks for itself.

Let's not pretend it's just PFF than ranks Watson considerably higher than Mitch. Everyone does, except for homer Bears fans.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What’s with all the Mayfield hype? Don’t get me wrong he’s a good QB but he’s yet to be anything better than average so far.
It is the ineptitude multiplier.
It has been 22 years since the Browns have had a 90+ rating from a QB who has played more than half a season.

When you eat shit sandwiches for 20 years, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich becomes a delicacy.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It is the ineptitude multiplier.
It has been 22 years since the Browns have had a 90+ rating from a QB who has played more than half a season.

When you eat shit sandwiches for 20 years, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich becomes a delicacy.

Cutler had both the ineptitude multiplier and the hardship multiplier...amazing.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You must not watch a lot of Browns football which is understandable. What Mayfield did last year was incredible. He took a losing team with a losers
mentality, and did what everyone talks about but rarely achieves. He elevated his teammates play. He broke the NFL rookie quarterback touchdown record set by Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson and he did it in only 13 games while they played all 16 .

He did all this while in the middle of the season his head coach and offense of coordinators were both fired. The way he took over the team and got the entire team to buy in was incredible. I don’t know of any other player outside of Tom Brady and Drew Breeze could’ve done that.

Baker Mayfield has everything that was hyped about Watson’s intangibles and leadership qualities plus Drew Brees’ his accuracy.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler had both the ineptitude multiplier and the hardship multiplier...amazing.

Right?
Time and time again I said the bears, browns and bucs are the only teams in the leagues that ever would have clung to him for so damn long.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Side note, but they play Jesus Jones on my 80's new wave station. I find that to be odd/incorrect.

also the same with Fine Young Cannibals.

I find both those groups distinct from say, early Duran Duran and the Human League. Both of those groups belong in New Wave....FYC and Jesus Jones do not.....