The three key ingredients to good chili.....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I was wondering how they are reconstituted too.
They have Hatch's around here (Chicago area) at Jewel. On Saturdays, some of them have giant roasters in front and they sell them by the box/case.

The word has gotten out on legit Hatch Green Chile. If you get some I am sure we could have a solid thread of green chile recipes..... Just don't let @DC get a hold of my green chile stew recipe and we're good.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, I have made green CHILE 15 times in the past year. Dare I say I've perfected it? My basement freezer is full of that delicious stuff.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Dude, I have made green CHILE 15 times in the past year. Dare I say I've perfected it? My basement freezer is full of that delicious stuff.

You probably get that trash Pueblo green chile.... SMDH

• Haha
Reactions: DC

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Also, how can you have chili without beans? I don't get it. Aren't you basically just eating a bowl of white people taco meat at that point?

If you want to eat chili eat chili, if you want to eat beans eat beans, if you want to put beans in your chili, well this is America you are free to ruin your meal.

"Traditional Red Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked with red chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA which are strictly forbidden."

https://lifehacker.com/beans-vs-no-beans-your-arguments-for-the-best-chili-510532114

If you have a problem with what chili actually is, take it up with the ICS or International Chili Society, a very powerful group with more political influence than the NRA. Good luck with that.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol, dogmatic cooking is myopic, and we would not have a lot of great foods if dogma ruled cooking.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you want to eat chili eat chili, if you want to eat beans eat beans, if you want to put beans in your chili, well this is America you are free to ruin your meal.

"Traditional Red Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked with red chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA which are strictly forbidden."

https://lifehacker.com/beans-vs-no-beans-your-arguments-for-the-best-chili-510532114

If you have a problem with what chili actually is, take it up with the ICS or International Chili Society, a very powerful group with more political influence than the NRA. Good luck with that.
The ICS probably has a forum moderated by someone like Teddy KFC.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, I like to enjoy cooking, and to experiment. I never follow a recipe to the T, and I don't think one should.

You can dislike me for that again if you like, because you always seem to take the stance that your opinion is the only, and correct one.

I also think you quoted the wrong post of mine.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Must have all the beans in chili. touch of honey and cinnamon. onions, cornbread, sour cream, cheese

DC has this joint "Bens Chili Bowl" but it has changed ownership and it is a tourist trap now.

Also, DC101 Chili Cook Off every year was fun to go to back when I was a younger man. Now I'm just an older man.

To be fair to all chilis though. There aint nothing I wont try. Everyone probably has a good dish

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, I like to enjoy cooking, and to experiment. I never follow a recipe to the T, and I don't think one should.

A recipe should never be followed to a T, that is myopic.

You can dislike me for that again if you like

Thanks.

because you always seem to take the stance that your opinion is the only, and correct one.

Is that what I always do? You must be keeping a very close eye on my opinions.

by all means feel free to change the ingredients and make a new recipe, just accept the fact that it is a variation on the original.

Taking liberties and changing a recipe is not only acceptable but encouraged, I'm sorry if you disagree with my rigid stance on being open minded.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didnt the ICS only recently allow for ground beef as opposed to cubed?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol, fun time n51. You should read my post again about myopic cooking. I think you misread it.