The three key ingredients to good chili.....

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Someone losing their shit today. Hilarious. My original post was not even directed at the spazz. lol

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Didnt the ICS only recently allow for ground beef as opposed to cubed?

It was a hot button issue for years, the decision was finally made and caused some major changes in ICS leadership.

also. Can we please not let the beans vs proper chili debate devolve into antifa vs Proud boys?

I'll post that stupid video again, don't push me.

Lol, fun time n51. You should read my post again about myopic cooking. I think you misread it.

disliked for being myopic.

tenor.gif

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ok serious question, has anyone ever heard of putting coffee grounds or coffee into chili or am I having a brane fart?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The chili you guys make sounds like it sucks.

I understand you going negative is your thing these days, but some of the guys in here have some serious culinary chops. I would bet that @HeHateMe makes a killer chili, and in spite of the celery thing I would bet money on @nvanprooyen's version.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I understand you going negative is your thing these days, but some of the guys in here have some serious culinary chops. I would bet that @HeHateMe makes a killer chili, and in spite of the celery thing I would bet money on @nvanprooyen's version.
This is the base recipe in question:

It's changed a little over the years, but pretty similar. I usually char some peppers and chop them up finely - jalepeno and serrano normally. Sometimes I'll char the onion and green pepper too in large chunks and then chop finely before adding to the pot. A pinch of cocoa powder has also been added. A couple tomatillos are a recent addition. And the beer is almost always something heavy now, like a stout. And that's pretty much it :)

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I been to quite a few chili cookoffs . The best chili i've tried at these cook-offs have always used goats meat instead of ground beef. What say you @HeHateMe , @nvanprooyen

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins