Trey Burton mild groin strain (unrelated to surgery)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
at some point Burton should just have his groin removed....sort of like Garza playing without a ligament...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TREY BURTONTE, CHICAGO BEARS

Trey Burton (groin) did not practice Sunday.
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs states the obvious, and says the missed practice makes it "less likely" Burton will suit up for the season opener Thursday. We still have a long way to go before then. Burton has been getting plenty of time off this summer following a sports-hernia surgery and "clearly isn't physically to the point he needs to be." If Burton sits, the Bears will turn to fellow injury-prone TE Adam Shaheen, who won't be a fantasy option.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm very concerned about not only this injury and this game but with having this guy as our starting TE that we need in the passing game. Pretty sure even after what we pay him this year there's still another $4-$5 mil of guaranteed money left on his deal because we paid him less in year one and owe him much more in years 2-3-4.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm very concerned about not only this injury and this game but with having this guy as our starting TE that we need in the passing game. Pretty sure even after what we pay him this year there's still another $4-$5 mil of guaranteed money left on his deal because we paid him less in year one and owe him much more in years 2-3-4.

At this point in the year, I am less worried about the money than I am the player. He couldn’t play in he playoff game last year and may not make it for the opener against GB. If he can’t go for those games........

Reactions: DC

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m much more concerned about run blocking at that position than pass catching with so many playmakers at RB and WR. Shaheen is a fine blocker. You don’t need pro bowlers at every position. Let Burton heal up and come back 100%

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

I would think that he could make progress on his medical issues with modern medicine. He clearly has access to the best healthcare in the world. Hopefully, he is utilizing it to the fullest extent and we can hear reports of progress rather than stagnation.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
At this point in the year, I am less worried about the money than I am the player. He couldn’t play in he playoff game last year and may not make it for the opener against GB. If he can’t go for those games........
If they removed the wrong parts and now has the female between the ears, possibly they should IR him now and throw Horsted to the wolves. Gotta be more successful than the girlysheen. <Can't expect him (to have to be a football player)!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You didnt pay him CHIT so stfu

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i get it but with us being up against the cap for at least the next few years i'm worried about the player and the money.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would think that he could make progress on his medical issues with modern medicine. He clearly has access to the best healthcare in the world. Hopefully, he is utilizing it to the fullest extent and we can hear reports of progress rather than stagnation.

Of course Pace said they think it's just a minor injury, but the coaches and GM's always say that, but Pace also said it happened last week so he's already had some time to rest it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The beat guys don't seem very optimistic about Burton playing.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
The beat guys don't seem very optimistic about Burton playing.

My understanding is that the move tight end is very important for Nagy's offense. But I can't tell you why. So, this is not good. I am sure that they planned for this and should have Braunecker and Shaheen ready to go. I would think putting him on IR and some regularly scheduled doctor visits will get him back in shape.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would go on the assumption he isn't playing.

Probably a safe bet. Biggs said last night that he didn't think Burton was physically ready based on what the media saw in practice.

The team is excited and fired up about Adam Shaheen and Ben Braunecker, though.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
They were forced to play so much without last year, or it seemed like it, so I'd think it wouldn't be a big issue if he can't play.