Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Until Trubisky shows that he can be a consistant player in this league these pundits will doubt him.

Once he does that then these same pundits will latch on to his jock strap and proclaim that they knew he could do it all along.

Did he get better from his first year to his second year???

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did he get better from his first year to his second year???

Yes but that isn't saying really. His first year was an exercise in conservative offensive futility. He couldn't do anything but improve since he really wasn't allowed to do anything his first year.

He showed signs last year of being the QB that we drafted number 2 overall. At times he looked brilliant. At other times he looked scarily inaccurate. Teams will be watching tape and will have guys behind our receivers anticipating overthrows like he had last year. He MUST get rid of that tendency to overthrow receivers.

I'm hoping he turns it on this year. He should have the system down completely at this point. He has weapons to throw to. His offensive line is fairly good. There is no excuse this year if he doesn't perform at a higher level. He doesn't have to be a superstar but he does have to be more consistent. Personally, I think he will.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes but that isn't saying really. His first year was an exercise in conservative offensive futility. He couldn't do anything but improve since he really wasn't allowed to do anything his first year.

He showed signs last year of being the QB that we drafted number 2 overall. At times he looked brilliant. At other times he looked scarily inaccurate. Teams will be watching tape and will have guys behind our receivers anticipating overthrows like he had last year. He MUST get rid of that tendency to overthrow receivers.

I'm hoping he turns it on this year. He should have the system down completely at this point. He has weapons to throw to. His offensive line is fairly good. There is no excuse this year if he doesn't perform at a higher level. He doesn't have to be a superstar but he does have to be more consistent. Personally, I think he will.

Ummm. Ok?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm confused, weren't the Bears 12-4 with an underwhelming Mitch Trubisky and a kicker that couldn't win them games last season?

Yes. And they'll likely have a similar record with an improved Trubisky and a kicker that can't win them games this season. Plus a much more difficult schedule.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
What the beat and national guys all fail to realize is that it’s no longer a question of if Rodgers will get hurt but when.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ummm. Ok?

@wklink this is what you get for giving Leomaz a thoughtful and considered response. A complete waste of time.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could you imagine if he had somehow gotten worse in his second year?

Actually, yes I can. Remember we are talking about the Bears here. It wouldn't have surprised anyone here if Mitch had played worse. We have a tradition of ineptness at QB that is multi-generational. ;D

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As a MT skeptic, I really do think he could come out gunning tomorrow and rack up a lot of yards. I believe he can be better; I believe he will because he'll understand the offense better.

If he does these things, I will not disparage his numbers with "Nagy got him there," like numerous dipshits here who said Goff isn't even a top ten talent because of McVay.

My biggest concern is the overthrows, and I think we are just going to have to live with those. I don't think he's going to outgrow it. Hopefully, he's able to keep it to a minimum and our defense can get us to a SB.
I think he will outgrow those wild throws but not all of them. It's not like those don't happen to other good QBs but they have to get down to the normal miss range in both quantity and distance. Those sky balls gotta stop. His luck won't be as good if Ds are waiting for those.

Unlike Goff getting line adjustments from McVay, Nagy's O is all about the QB being able to do it themselves on the fly and why it takes longer for them to become fully vested. By the same token, Goff will likely assimilate what's happening by playing it and the Rams feel that's happening.

Here's the thing but it may take a few weeks of actually playing it. The passing game should take a big step forward with a more sorted OL and all the playmakers other than Monty having a year in the system. Biggest negative is whether our starting TE will ever recover his 2018 form as he was a huge part of the overall scheme.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the Trubisky front, I think one of the fairer evaluations was recently done by Brett Kollmann. He showed where Trubisky needs to improve and pointed out that it seems when Trubisky does less thinking and more just playing, he plays better. So, most of my reasons for optimism about Trubisky stem from him being more familiar with the offense, being healthy, and just going out and playing. It will not be perfect, but I think he builds on what he did last year and is an above average NFL qb - hopefully pushing into that top 10 range.

And just to be clear, I like both Watson and Mahomes as well. I think all 3 of those guys should be very good to elite qb's for years to come in the NFL - as long as they stay healthy (Watson in particular on the concerns with the health front). I think the other thing that is really neat about all 3 of those guys is that in addition to being really good qb's, they all strike me as really good people as well. So, I want all of them to succeed...I just want Trubisky to succeed more with the Bears :).
He tended to do well when he needed to make something happen and just played on ability, odd arm angles and throwing on the move etc... other than not reading a defender under the play at times. I suspect that some of his problems stemmed from trying to do everything perfectly. He'll be allowed/encouraged to just play this year.

Mitch will play his way into getting this O and should look a lot more comfortable running it this year. Late reads and rushing throws made many of those misses worse last year.

1st game has some concerns for me because he gets wound up for games and this is a big one. Kickoff the NFL's 100th season against division rivals on national TV. If he looks calm early,:cohen1:

Last edited:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at the baked in excuse for why Trubisky may play better than they expect. No sane fan gives a shit what any outsider says anyways. Let them talk. Its all they can do. I mean its either that or we suddenly all agree that Mahomes' undisputed MVP season was nothing more than a product of Andy Reid's system compensating. Which is apparently what they're implying.

Unlike you, these “outsiders” you refer to are usually right.

Thanks

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think he will outgrow those wild throws but not all of them. It's not like those don't happen to other good QBs but they have to get down to the normal miss range in both quantity and distance. Those sky balls gotta stop. His luck won't be as good if Ds are waiting for those.

Unlike Goff getting line adjustments from McVay, Nagy's O is all about the QB being able to do it themselves on the fly and why it takes longer for them to become fully vested. By the same token, Goff will likely assimilate what's happening by playing it and the Rams feel that's happening.

Here's the thing but it may take a few weeks of actually playing it. The passing game should take a big step forward with a more sorted OL and all the playmakers other than Monty having a year in the system. Biggest negative is whether our starting TE will ever recover his 2018 form as he was a huge part of the overall scheme.

I know other QBs have some bad throws, but Mitch takes it to another level. Since so many ppl like to say Mitchell's ceiling is Drew Brees, let's take a moment to watch a quick video on what that would look like...you can skip the first 4 minutes and get to the throws, where Brees is more accurate than archers they tested from the same range.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I know other QBs have some bad throws, but Mitch takes it to another level. Since so many ppl like to say Mitchell's ceiling is Drew Brees, let's take a moment to watch a quick video on what that would look like...you can skip the first 4 minutes and get to the throws, where Brees is more accurate than archers they tested from the same range.

Mitch has flashes of being extremely accurate. That’s a fair ceiling. It’s worth noting ceilings are rarely ever met by a player.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unlike you, these “outsiders” you refer to are usually right.

Thanks
You mean like ESPN which predicted the Bears would go 7-9 last year?

Or NBC that thought the Bears would go 8-8

If there is any truth in the world it is that none of these 'outside experts' have a flipping clue as to what an individual team will do. These same experts predicted the Jaguars to win the NFC south last year.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean like ESPN which predicted the Bears would go 7-9 last year?

Or NBC that thought the Bears would go 8-8

If there is any truth in the world it is that none of these 'outside experts' have a flipping clue as to what an individual team will do. These same experts predicted the Jaguars to win the NFC south last year.

Please point to even one source that said Jacksonville would win the NFC South last year.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Brees is special but remember that in the Pro Bowl passing accuracy competition. Mitch may have won if he didn't have to hit the long ball target twice. He's not naturally inaccurate but that doesn't matter if it doesn't show in games. I simply suspect as the game slows down for him, that natural ability will come forward. No guarantees but that was always going to be the MO.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts: