OFFICIAL - Top Sandwiches as determined by CCS

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
If I have to sacrifice the roof of my mouth for crunchy perfection, small price to pay.

If you live in DuPage County and want an Italian sub, you go to Augustino's, tell'em 51 sent you.

Agree. The meatball sammich is tip top as well. Mario's in Addison also makes a great Italian sub.

But a gyro from Nick's ( Harlem & Touhy) gets my vote for best sam.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Agree. The meatball sammich is tip top as well. Mario's in Addison also makes a great Italian sub.

But a gyro from Nick's ( Harlem & Touhy) gets my vote for best sam.

Love Mario's, great lasagna, they put chives in the ricotta. The best gyro I ever ate was from Nick's and I got food poisoning from it, sick for three days, almost worth it. I still went back dozens of times over the years, just too damn good.

Also from Auggies:
Kind of healthy: Chopped salad is also outstanding.
Kind of deadly: Buffalo waffle cut fries with blue cheese, guilty gut bomb.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Stopped in at Alpine Food Shop the other day. Still a fantastic sandwich.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stopped in at Alpine Food Shop the other day. Still a fantastic sandwich.

Looks legit.

o.jpg

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is the king of all sandwiches for me.
Reuben at the Carnegie deli in the mirage/ New York. They fly in the corned beef fresh.
I always wind up in a food coma after destroying one of these.
It is always my first and last meal whenever I do vegas.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Pictured with a pack of smokes for scale.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is the king of all sandwiches for me.
Reuben at the Carnegie deli in the mirage/ New York. They fly in the corned beef fresh.
I always wind up in a food coma after destroying one of these.
It is always my first and last meal whenever I do vegas.
View attachment 2607
Is this what caused your big fart in the elevator?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this what caused your big fart in the elevator?

Ha!!! Very likely! Once that bad boy starts barreling it's way through the digestive system, everything gets the hell out of the way.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@ursamajor

The guy was hysterical, black guy that lives in North Dakota claims a guy that grew up in Mexico moved here, opened a Mexican restaurant and does all the cooking doesn't make authentic Mexican food. Keep in mind he was never even in the place.

The whole thing started when he offered up some gibberish about the only Mexican places in the suburbs were Taco Bells, I told him I have 3 great authentic Mexican places 15 minutes from my house, that's when he went into his "not authentic" rant about places he's never been.

He was very entertaining, I miss him.
Except every place you linked, was TexMex. But carry on.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except every place you linked, was TexMex. But carry on.

LOL the black guy that lives in North Dakota is a Mexican food expert, that knows more than actual Mexicans. You got your ass handed to you the last time you tried this, you wanna go again?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL the black guy that lives in North Dakota is a Mexican food expert, that knows more than actual Mexicans. You got your ass handed to you the last time you tried this, you wanna go again?

Ass handed to me? Yellow cheese and taco shells are the first tell tale sign of Tex Mex. Over 95% of am Mexican restaurants in the US are Tex Amex. But, by all means, you are free to continue living in willful ignorance.

There is an Indian man up here, from India, that opened a Tex Mex restaurant, and named it “Spicy Mexican. Playing Bollywood music, etc.

But considering that he is from India, by your logic, it’s Authentic Indian.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Over 95% of am Mexican restaurants in the US are Tex Amex.

What are those "am Mexican restaurants" breakfast places that take American Express?

You don't even remember your own argument, you were pissed that he had a kids menu for little gringos that don't like authentic Mexican.

His customers are about 80% Mexican guys that work in the area for lunch, and for dinner that percentage flips to 80% gringo mom and dads picking up food for the family. If you had kids and an authentic Mexican restaurant in North Dakota, you would know most 7 year olds don't enjoy chorizo tacos.

This guy is making a great business decision having a kids menu, it may upset you but it makes him lots of money.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are those "am Mexican restaurants" breakfast places that take American Express?

You don't even remember your own argument, you were pissed that he had a kids menu for little gringos that don't like authentic Mexican.

His customers are about 80% Mexican guys that work in the area for lunch, and for dinner that percentage flips to 80% gringo mom and dads picking up food for the family. If you had kids and an authentic Mexican restaurant in North Dakota, you would know most 7 year olds don't enjoy chorizo tacos.

This guy is making a great business decision having a kids menu, it may upset you but it makes him lots of money.
I see a shitload of Chinese people eating at every halfway decent Chinese Buffet that I’ve ever been to. Must mean that it’s authentic Chinese!

Here’s the thing, all the original Tex Mex restaurants were started by Mexican Immigrants. And Mexican immigrants ate at them. But they still, had to adjust their dishes to appeal to American palates.

The Fucking Caesar Salad was created in a Mexican resort, by a Mexican Chef. Does that mean that Caesar Salads are traditional Mexican cuisine?

Now, just because you call in your reach around gang to come in for moral support, does not change the fact that you are dead wrong. Fucking hell, trying to point out reality to you, is like talking to a fucking Flat Earther.

If you see ANY dish on the menu, with yellow cheese on it, ITS NOT AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RESTAURANT, IT’S TEX MEX.

There are NO Authentic Mexican dishes that have Yellow Cheese in them. Not-a-one.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see a shitload of Chinese people eating at every halfway decent Chinese Buffet that I’ve ever been to. Must mean that it’s authentic Chinese!

Here’s the thing, all the original Tex Mex restaurants were started by Mexican Immigrants. And Mexican immigrants ate at them. But they still, had to adjust their dishes to appeal to American palates.

The Fucking Caesar Salad was created in a Mexican resort, by a Mexican Chef. Does that mean that Caesar Salads are traditional Mexican cuisine?

Now, just because you call in your reach around gang to come in for moral support, does not change the fact that you are dead wrong. Fucking hell, trying to point out reality to you, is like talking to a fucking Flat Earther.

If you see ANY dish on the menu, with yellow cheese on it, ITS NOT AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RESTAURANT, IT’S TEX MEX.

There are NO Authentic Mexican dishes that have Yellow Cheese in them. Not-a-one.

Calling out the place for having a kids menu, pathetic. The black guy that lives in North Dakota thinks he knows more about Mexican food than people born there, do you realize how silly that sounds?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My original argument was that he makes the types of food that Gringos like, aka Tex Mex.

There are people from all over the world, (Mexico included) that live where I do, and work in the Oil Field. And they will tell you the same (Mexican Immigrants)

The first exposure that most Americans had to Italian Food (if you can call it that) was the canned slop labeled Chef Boyardee. Now, Ettore Boiardi was from Italy. So, by your idiotic logic, Beefaroni is an authentic Italian dish.

You’re a 2 dimensional thinker.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Calling out the place for having a kids menu, pathetic. The black guy that lives in North Dakota thinks he knows more about Mexican food than people born there, do you realize how silly that sounds?

It wasn’t only the kids menu with yellow cheese, nacho cheese sauce, taco shells, and ground beef.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wasn’t only the kids menu with yellow cheese, nacho cheese sauce, taco shells, and ground beef.

My family has eaten there 100's of times I've never seen any of those things, you on the other hand have never set foot in there, but claim to know it all.

I don't think you are grasping how profoundly strange that is.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My family has eaten there 100's of times I've never seen any of those things, you on the other hand have never set foot in there, but claim to know it all.

I don't think you are grasping how profoundly strange that is.
You linked their menu, IIRC

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How did that taste?

I don’t need to taste it, in order to see what the menu consists of.

On another note, why do you keep bringing up my race, in a derogatory manner, into whether I can have some knowledge on a certain topic? While I live in ND, I am from Chicago.

Do you think that a black man from Chicago cannot possibly know anything about the world around them, and gain a knowledge of the world that consists of more than the goings on, of the South Side? Do you have a hard time believing that I have interests other than selling dope, and gang banging?

Not very Progressive of you.