Trade for Minshew!!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Just think, Pace was cool with Chase Daniel & drafted Duke Shelley instead.

I coulda lived without Duke Shelley for a real backup QB...who would replace Trubisky eventually.

EDIT: Well, Minshew was drafted ahead of Shelley, but you get my point. I could live w/o Ridley too...lol.

Last edited:

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
Or ask Mitch to ‘Stache?!?
Trade for Minshew. Unfortunately hes no longer tradeable without the motherlode. That leaves ask Mitch to stache. This could be a good idea because opposing teams will mistake him for chuck norris and not go near him on the field, thus one read Mitch will never have to throw the football again. ?

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'll pretend this is a serious question and seriously engage.

Through three games, Gardner Minshew's stats:

5 TDs
1 INT
692 yards (230 yards per game)
74 percent completion percentage
109.3 passer rating

Obviously those are good numbers. For a sixth round pick, they're fantastic numbers. For a rookie three games into his young career, those are incredible numbers.

I'd just caution that we've seen this movie before, a little-known QB stringing together several good-to-great games in a row, only to revert back to what everyone thought they were beforehand. It's completely plausible, maybe even likely, that Minshew will fall back down to earth and show why he was a sixth rounder in the next few games.

That being said, it's usually a journeyman QB who that happens to, not a rookie QB. If a rookie QB strings together several good-to-great games in a row, it usually means they're good.

Just for shits and giggles, let's say Pace traded tomorrow for Gardner Minshew. He'd have to get up to speed with the current offense, get to know his receivers and teammates and develop a chemistry. Those same teammates would probably have at least some sort of pushback or resentment because Mitch really is truly loved in that Bears locker room. It would take TIME for Minshew to mesh into what the Bears would be hoping to get.

So my two cents verdict, for what it's worth, which may not be much:

Keep the current status quo in Chicago at least for the rest of this year. This is the offense they have this year, for better or worse. It's not getting blown up Week 3. And if you did, there probably wouldn't be positive results. If you truly like Minshew, keep an eye on him throughout the season. Analyze him. See what he does well. See what he needs work on. Compare all that to Trubisky. Then after the season and playoffs are over, evaluate your young quarterback, taking into account his season, his career so far, and his trajectory, along with your confidence of whether he can truly improve, and compare it all to Minshew (and any other quarterbacks you have an eye on). Then go confidently in the direction you've decided, whether that's sticking with Mitch, pulling the plug, drafting a QB to put pressure on Mitch, trading for a QB, or whatever.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would jacksonville even trade him, good chance after this week the AFC South will be filled with 1-2 teams and they will be tied for first place (and last for that matter).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
gesundheit
But he's only 6'1" with a 54 mph arm. There would have been so many wasted pick posts on draft day that it would have locked the board.

Monster

Liked Posts:
It’s amazing that every back up or practice squad guy that comes in out preforms Mitch...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
gesundheit
But he's only 6'1" with a 54 mph arm. There would have been so many wasted pick posts on draft day that it would have locked the board.

I don't know if you are joking about the arm speed, but I've watched a couple of games with this guy and that did stick out to me. He doesn't seem to have a lot of zip on the ball, but he's very accurate for a guy playing his 3rd NFL game.

He seems like one of those guys that can put that lofty touch on a ball at any distance or angle...it just drops right in.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm joking but those #s are accurate. Board will find some way to hate on anything.

As for strength, maybe Mitch needs to lay off the weights a bit. Might help his touch as well. Either that or hard, shallow long balls and hit your spot. He's never been that great putting air under it but he might be able to fire it to spot.