Rate the last movie you watched

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Remy has time travel figured out, please let me know via PM when your machine is ready. I want first dibs on the first journey....I'm serious :snoop"

Marvel comics has had mutliple universes for decades now. So the movie is just borrowing and expanding on ideas from comics albeit not exactly.

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What Hulk explains is that you can't travel back in time in the same timeline. But what you can do is travel to alternate timelines via the quantum realm. This is actually the prevailing theory of quantum mechanics which says that at the quantum level, events are not fixed but rather exist in a state of infinite possibility and each possibility is represented by an alternate universe.

So if they go back and kill Thanos, what they would be doing is killing a Thanos from an alternate reality and the reality in which Thanos wins would still exist. So the plan was to go back in time and recover the stones from an alternate reality then bring them back to the present and use the Infinity Gauntlet not to undue the past which they can't but to bring everyone that died from the snap into 2023. This doesn't violate the rules because they still died in the past as the result of the snap but since the snap was done by the gauntlet, it can be undone in the future via the gauntlet. That is why they could not bring anyone back who died prior to the snap ie Gamora.

So with that understood, Cap went to an alternate timeline in 1940 and lived with Peggy in that alternate timeline. The original timeline where he got frozen and Peggy went on to have kids is unchanged because that is not the timeline he traveled too as he can't travel to his original timeline. What you see at the end was that after living his life with Peggy in that alternate timeline, he used the suit to return to his original timeline in 2023. There he gives Falcon the shield which proves he lived in an alternate timeline because the shield in his original timeline was destroyed.

As for Gamora, the Gamora they pulled was again from an alternate timeline so she still existed from 2013 -2017 in the original timeline. She was simply pulled from an alternate timeline to the original timeline. The Gamora from the original timeline still did everything we saw in the previous films and then died when Thanos sacrificed her for the soul stone.

So the short of it is that any scene in the past is occurring in an alternate universe because time travel in the quantum realm takes you to an alternate reality not the past of your original reality. Thus you can do whatever you want in that alternate reality past because it affects the future of the alternate reality not the future of the original timeline.

Back to the Future's time travel works differently because they are following the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics which allows for the grandfather paradox because in that interpretation you are not traveling to alternate realities but rather traveling back to the past of your original reality. The fact that paradoxes can exist is one of the reasons that Hugh Everett came up with the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics which again is the prevailing theory at the moment.

The bolded doesn't jibe.
The end scene starts at the park. For cap to have used the suit to return to the timeline we are watching, he would have had to have appeared on the platform.
Having old cap arrive on the platform would have fixed the incongruity- arriving on the platform pulls him from his alternate reality after a life lived- a blink for us a life for him.

Remember- every sequence of time/timeline travel required coming through the platform, up to and including Thanos' ship.

So here is the corner they paint themselves in to- The events we watched up to rodgers blinking off of the platform were the primary timeline- the one single successful defeat of thanos and return of the stones. any other timeline or reality ended in defeat.

Rogers entering the world at any point in time in that primary timeline and appearing on the bench is an altering of history in the primary timeline... no matter how minute.... an impossibility according to banner, and a creation of a new timeline.

The single possible way for an old rodgers to re-enter the primary timeline without altering the actual past in any way is via the platform after he had disappeared.

He did not.

You can play the "parsecs" retroactive fixing all day long but each possible explanation as to how and when cap arrives to jump on the park bench creates more problems.
With the Iron clad well established "rules" of the movie, Cap would have had to arrive on the platform as an old man after he left it as a young man.

The more logical conclusion is that Banner was wrong- he was obviously out of his depth on the mechanics and Tony was on his game.
Tony wanted his daughter to exist as the individual she was, so he allows banner to spread the erroneous time travel "law" as a means to an end- undoing the effects of the snap without undoing the results of life lived for the ensuing 5 years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When Cap sees Peggy in the 1970s he took 4 vials of Pym Particles so he had extra vials. That is what allows him to go back in the 1940s and then come back using the suit. He originally has enough Pym particles for 1 jump presumably back to present. Instead, he takes more vials after seeing Old Peggy so he can go back to 1940s and then jump back to Timeline A.

He also returned before the park bench scene. The Russos confirmed he did not return on the bench but prior two.

Surely, then, Captain America going back in time to return the time stones would mean he's now on a different timeline, and he would therefore not have met Falcon and Bucky on that bench in the main timeline?

Luckily, the Russo Brothers have though about this and had an answer ready to go. "He would have had to have worn the quantum suit, using a Pym particle to make the jump [back to the main timeline]," they wrote in a Reddit Q&A. "He's not wearing the suit on the bench, because that is not the exact moment to which he returned."

So if A is original timeline when Cap went back in time, the minute he changes something like living with Peggy he creates Timeline B as the Ancient One said alternate timelines are created if changes occur in past. After living his life with Peggy while the Cap in timeline B is frozen, he uses the extra Pym Particles and the suit to return to Timeline A from Timeline B. That return happens before the park bench as the Russos state above as he is not wearing the suit which would be the only way he can cross timelines.

Last edited:

zarat

Liked Posts:
Last one was The Thor franchise bounced back after the letdown of The Dark World with a highly entertaining and funny installment that basically played out like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
It 2: 7-10.

The storylines of the now grown members of the Losers Club aren't as interesting, and that's what makes this one worse than the first. But, it was still good, and Bill Hader is a gem.

Ready or Not: 7-10.

Much better than the trailer makes it look.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought the godzilla sequel and rocktman sucked, fwiw, I loved the first godzilla [gareth edwards directed] reboot; he broke my heart

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Thirty years ago, I walked out of some random shopping mall with a friend having just seen Tim Burton's Batman. When asked what I thought of the movie I said, "It was pretty cool, but I would be way more impressed with a movie that was all about Joker."

I will literally never understand why this took so long.

Going to see it on Thursday preview night October 3rd. I can't wait to see it.

Haven't posted in awhile, but some quick thoughts on some of the most recent things I've seen

Hustlers: Good, not great, movie IMO. Jennifer Lopez is pretty good but I think the Oscar hype is a bit much. If she gets nominated, it's deserving. This just isn't a performance like Toni Collette in Hereditary last year where I was like yeah, that's easily the best performance by an actress I've seen this year.

IT Chapter 2: Good, but not as good as the first movie.

Good Boys: Some decent laughs, but overall I thought it was a pretty forgettable movie. I liked it for what it was but I doubt I'll ever go back and watch it again

The Farewell: Great movie. I think this is a contender for best picture. Great performances.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: I knew nothing about it. I had no idea this was based on a book until my girlfriend had mentioned it. I really enjoyed this movie.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to see it on Thursday preview night October 3rd. I can't wait to see it.

I think this could save DC at the box office. Batman and Superman have been their only real success stories on the Big Screen. I could see why they thought tossing them in one film should have been an easy home run.

I don't want to see Superman vs Batman.

I want to see Superman vs Luthor.

I want to see Batman vs Joker.

Start setting those up before we start jumping into things like the Justice League because you want pointlessly compete with Disney's Avengers.

The rest will just branch out naturally.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Got to see some movies on the way to London and back home

Creed ii- not as good as one. I thought one was excellent but this one kind of meh 6/10

alita battle angel was fucking awesome hope there is a part 2 10/10

Tolkien 10/10 loved lotr silmarillion and hobbit books so it was good seeing the life of the creator of that world.

Xmen dark Phoenix big time meh solid 1/10 it got the 1 for helping me doze off a few times something I can’t do on planes

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Xmen dark Phoenix big time meh solid 1/10 it got the 1 for helping me doze off a few times something I can’t do on planes

That movie was a forgettable pile of trash. That being said, I won't ever forget Cyclops yelling at Magneto, towards the end of the movie, "You won't fucking touch her!" I hadn't laughed that hard at a movie in awhile. I forget the actor's name that plays Cyclops but he was pretty terrible in this movie.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this could save DC at the box office. Batman and Superman have been their only real success stories on the Big Screen. I could see why they thought tossing them in one film should have been an easy home run.

I don't want to see Superman vs Batman.

I want to see Superman vs Luthor.

I want to see Batman vs Joker.

Start setting those up before we start jumping into things like the Justice League because you want pointlessly compete with Disney's Avengers.

The rest will just branch out naturally.

Wonder Woman made over 800 million and Aquaman over 1 billion.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder Woman made over 800 million and Aquaman over 1 billion.

I was thinking of Wonder Woman while I made that post because I know it did well and I really enjoyed it, but despite the gaudy number you just threw at me...I forgot they even made that Aquaman movie.

?‍♀️

Moving on....

wont%20you%20be_0.jpg

This just may have been the perfect documentary film. I loved Mr. Rodgers as a kid, but I now truly appreciate what that man did with his life. Just try not to cry like the bitch I am.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I was thinking of Wonder Woman while I made that post because I know it did well and I really enjoyed it, but despite the gaudy number you just threw at me...I forgot they even made that Aquaman movie.

?‍♀️

Moving on....

wont%20you%20be_0.jpg

This just may have been the perfect documentary film. I loved Mr. Rodgers as a kid, but I now truly appreciate what that man did with his life. Just try not to cry like the bitch I am.

Hard to believe this wasn't even up for best documentary last year. Easily one of the biggest oscar snubs of all-time.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Any reviews on Rambo?

Idk why but trailer for el Camino won’t paste. Anyone watching breaking bad over before the new movie release?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Any reviews on Rambo?

Idk why but trailer for el Camino won’t paste. Anyone watching breaking bad over before the new movie release?

Going to see it in about 3 hours. I'll post something sometime when I get home on it. The only thing I've heard from people I know is that it's supposedly more violent than the last film. IMO "Rambo" from 07 or 08(whatever year it was) is possibly the most violent film I've ever seen. Go figure though, all of these pussies are worried that Joker is going to cause all of these shooters to come out and kill me.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If you go into Rambo just for a good time and don’t want to knit pick stuff, I think it’s enjoyable. Pretty much same thing as the Fast and Furious movies. Not good movies, but if you turn your brain off and just go in for a good time I think you’ll be satisfied.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Sony and Disney have reached a deal for Spider-Man to return for a third movie in the MCU with a release date of July 16th, 2021. This should calm all the ignorant people that were at Sony's throat....even though anyone with any business sense wouldn't have accepted what Disney originally offered.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sony and Disney have reached a deal for Spider-Man to return for a third movie in the MCU with a release date of July 16th, 2021. This should calm all the ignorant people that were at Sony's throat....even though anyone with any business sense wouldn't have accepted what Disney originally offered.
yea..the people who were mad at Sony surprised me. I was like "wtf...Disney is the one in the wrong here"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Any reviews on Rambo?

Liked Rambo. 7.6/10 . Would go higher but some of it was hokey & corny . :giggle:

In any case.......
You know what ur getting with Rambo ........ACTION . Here's a bonus.....the acting pretty decent. ?
--------

Comparison:
Ad Astra vs. Rambo. Don't make my mistake......pick Rambo the first time around !
------

el Camino