Hot Tub/Spa

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wife wants a pool. i want a hot tub. Looking at a Hotspring brand with salt water set-up
I think i can convince her.
Who has one and what can you share with me , Pro's -Con's ?
I envision being in Hot tub while its snowing , with a fire going in my fire pit, with a drink in hand and a nice Cuban cigar .
Ahh just dreaming.............

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wife wants a pool. i want a hot tub. Looking at a Hotspring brand with salt water set-up
I envision being in Hot tub while its snowing , with a fire going in my fire pit, with a drink in hand and a nice Cuban cigar .
Put your foot down Lou and get what you want....if she is ok with that!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm getting a sauna and ice water barrel.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting a sauna and ice water barrel.
I have lots of 55 gallon plastic drums if yu want one or 2 , maybe 1 for the wife. I also have a 325 gallon tote that would work.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would LOVE to have one for the same reason out here in Colorado. But, in order to get one, I'd have to redo our whole side yard and it's a big $$$ project I can't swing right now. Maybe in 12 years when the boys head to college. I'm thinking snow falling, hot tub, margarita and a fat bowl of indica.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have one that's built into my pool. I'm always fucking with the heater though. It's natural gas, and have constant issues with the pilot light. I do love it when it works though. It doesn't get super cold here, but during the winter it is usually 40-50 at night. If I lived up north and I had to choose between the two, I'd go hot tub. Down here, I pretty much get 9 months of use out of my pool and I never have to "close it", so I'd choose pool.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
When I lived in Texas we had a pool because it was hot AF and was a
necessity not a luxury. With 3 kids we got a ton of use out of it, but my wife and I used the hot tub much more. With my other homes when I lived in the Midwest, we’ve always just had hot tubs, no pools. Strongly recommend a hot tub as you can use it all year long, much easier and cheaper to maintain, and you can drink and smoke cigars when using it. Can’t do that with a pool. First World problem, lol.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I once built a house around a 10 person hot tub in a 20x20 sunroom with 18 foot vaulted ceiling. Carpenters called it the ultimate party house and it was. But I was single. After you use the hot tub a few times the novelty wears off, plus the smell of chlorine is in the house constantly

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
His hot tub fantasy involves carpenters, how fucked up is that.

I mean, imagine the guys who are being paid to build it saying it's the best party room ever. They probably got another couple grand out of the job, and nobody else ever saw the room.

And imagine a party at Omeletponce's. White blues, and milk.

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. St. Louis Blues
  1. Kentucky Wildcats
Use to have both but prefer a pool!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When I lived in Texas we had a pool because it was hot AF and was a
necessity not a luxury. With 3 kids we got a ton of use out of it, but my wife and I used the hot tub much more. With my other homes when I lived in the Midwest, we’ve always just had hot tubs, no pools. Strongly recommend a hot tub as you can use it all year long, much easier and cheaper to maintain, and you can drink and smoke cigars when using it. Can’t do that with a pool. First World problem, lol.
Agree with most of this, but pool drankin' is one of my favorite activities.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I once built a house around a 10 person hot tub in a 20x20 sunroom with 18 foot vaulted ceiling. Carpenters called it the ultimate party house and it was. But I was single. After you use the hot tub a few times the novelty wears off, plus the smell of chlorine is in the house constantly
Salt water, i'm going salt water. Pay the fuck attention will ya