Rate the last movie you watched

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Trailer looks lame af. More excited about mandelorian than this abomination of a trilogy

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
At about 1 am I decided to go on and get some tickets for arise of Skywalker and every showing currently available, outside of some neck breakers for 3D showings, was sold out. Ticket sales nearly doubled Endgame’s in the first hour.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I didn’t think of checking that. So I checked a few of the popular places by me that have reserved seating and not one ticket sold as of 5am Michigan time!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Finally went to see Joker.
Phoenix played the part quite well.

As a stand alone movie for the time frame it covers, I would say 8 of 10 with phoenix playing his part at 9 of 10.

I had a weird issue with it though. Everything within the movie hangs together well. From start to finish it all worked.
....but I cannot separate The Joker from Batman, even though he didnt appear.

With that frame of reference, knowing he is to become Batmans arch rival, this iteration of the joker is not worthy.
The joker as a villain is widly crafty and brilliant with a knack for knowing how Batman thinks.
This joker showed no brilliance or craftiness. Not even a homicidal streak. Hell, he wasn't even much of a lunatic. He was just a sad person with bad luck, rough history, and mental problems- but no indication of craftiness or even homicidal rage beyond momentary crimes of passion.
His killings were lucky crimes of passion with little foresight and zero intricate planning. They were just a result of having a gun handy.

Loved the movie, loved the character, but were this joker to face off with batman, it would be over in seconds.
A great standalone movie but his character would have to get infinitely meaner, crazier, and smarter to rise to the supervillain level.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Couple things. End scene where he kills therapist seems to be a time skip as Joker is older.

There is speculation Phoenix is a Joker but not the Joker that Batman faces. Instead he is a pro-Joker that will inspire the eventual Joker that Batman will face.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
At about 1 am I decided to go on and get some tickets for arise of Skywalker and every showing currently available, outside of some neck breakers for 3D showings, was sold out. Ticket sales nearly doubled Endgame’s in the first hour.
Any chance of breaking Endgame's record??

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couple things. End scene where he kills therapist seems to be a time skip as Joker is older.

There is speculation Phoenix is a Joker but not the Joker that Batman faces. Instead he is a pro-Joker that will inspire the eventual Joker that Batman will face.
Was it predictable he would kill the therapist, lol. Some shows those type of twists are obvious as fuck.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Any chance of breaking Endgame's record??

Anythings possible, but I highly doubt it. I think it has a strong chance of passing Infinity War $257,000,000 for 2nd. I just don't see this cracking 300million. A couple of things that aren't mentioned is that when Endgame came out, many of the big movie chain websites crashed because of all the traffic, which effected it's "first hour sales." If I had to guess, I'd say it opens between $250,000,000-$280,000,000

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anythings possible, but I highly doubt it. I think it has a strong chance of passing Infinity War $257,000,000 for 2nd. I just don't see this cracking 300million. A couple of things that aren't mentioned is that when Endgame came out, many of the big movie chain websites crashed because of all the traffic, which effected it's "first hour sales." If I had to guess, I'd say it opens between $250,000,000-$280,000,000
@Warden of the Northeast

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I watched Parasite.
If you're into the whole little violent black comedy-ish thing it's pretty good.
Reminiscent of Cohen bros movies. I think it won some award at the Cannes.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Did you guys ever watch Totoro?
If you have kids I recommend it 100000x.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I had hoped to respond that I watched The Irishman which opens today. I didn’t realize it opened at a total of 8 theaters in NY and LA.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I had hoped to respond that I watched The Irishman which opens today. I didn’t realize it opened at a total of 8 theaters in NY and LA.

It's going slightly wider next week. I really wanted to see it in a theater, but I'm 2 hours away from Chicago and that's the closest it will be to me.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The king on Netflix

most Netflix made movies have been straight up dumpster fires. I actually liked this one. It’s not epic or anything like that but I enjoyed it

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's going slightly wider next week. I really wanted to see it in a theater, but I'm 2 hours away from Chicago and that's the closest it will be to me.
I am in St. Louis and I see it comes here on 11/22, 5 days before it hits Netflix.

I would refer to see it in a theater. At 3 1/2 hours, at home, I will not be 100% focused as I hope to be.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Saw - Terminator: Dark Fate ....... The acting was average at best. The dialogue was kinda stupid in places (a fair sprinkling profanity used for no reason). The action was good in places. The story line was a break from the original Terminator story. I'll give more thoughts later. If you've seen Terminator: Dark Fate give your thoughts.
My Rating 6.0/ 10

Last edited: