CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Did something happen to Lauri? Not sure why he wouldn't be out there at the end.

Otto's play thus far is troubling.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reminds me a little bit of the Blackhawks keeping Bob Pulford as GM year after year of losing seasons.

What do they see in him???

He's cheap and compliant.

Just wondering....does anyone know what kind of offence he runs? The Triangle, Pick n Roll, Motion.....any fucking thing?
I loved his solution last year when everyone was laughing at the horrid D the Bulls played and still do BTW. His solution was to walk the ball into the front court and eat up the shot clock....wow, genius move. Brought the points way, way down.....so instead of losing 130-110, they lost their games 90-70.

The Pulford comparison is a good one as both owners are blindly loyal.....as it was with Dollar Bill, it might just take Reinsdorf's passing to get Gar/Pax out of town as well.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I guess Otto has been having trouble with his hip again. I didn’t realize that he’s had hip problems dating back to college and has continued to have them through his whole career. It would explain why, at times, he looks like an old man on the court. Good knowing that our 28 million dollar man is damaged goods.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
This is a team that WE WERE TOLD was one ready to at least go to the playoffs. NOW....Jim Boylen says they are "still learning...and growing" etc etc. THAT is NOT a playoff team type statement. It's a "we are in the beginning of a looong rebuild" type statement. Boylen says how the Cavs brought more energy toward the end...but the Bulls DID NOT. Well....who's fault is that? Boylen had the unmitigated gall to say he wasn't disappointed in blowing a big lead at New York and losing on a 15-0 run to end the game. No...Boylen isn't "disappointed" at all.

This is a team expected to be 4-1 at this point due to soft schedule to start season. Imagine what's gonna happen when they start playing good teams. This is a disaster....with Boylen as the ring leader of this demented death circus. If this clown can't even acknowledge how gawd awful this team is....there is zero hope for the Bulls. Actually....hope is non-existent when you have Gar Foreman and John Paxson STILL running this ship.

The Titanic had a better shot of staying afloat than this wreck of a team. I've seen some choking teams before but this one takes the cake.. Yes....instead of playoffs...Boylen has changed the expectations to winning individual quarters. The final game result doesn't matter when you "win the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters" as Boylen said. This guy infuriates me. Calling him a clown is an insult to all respectable clowns trying to earn a living.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is a team that WE WERE TOLD was one ready to at least go to the playoffs. NOW....Jim Boylen says they are "still learning...and growing" etc etc. THAT is NOT a playoff team type statement. It's a "we are in the beginning of a looong rebuild" type statement. Boylen says how the Cavs brought more energy toward the end...but the Bulls DID NOT. Well....who's fault is that? Boylen had the unmitigated gall to say he wasn't disappointed in blowing a big lead at New York and losing on a 15-0 run to end the game. No...Boylen isn't "disappointed" at all.

This is a team expected to be 4-1 at this point due to soft schedule to start season. Imagine what's gonna happen when they start playing good teams. This is a disaster....with Boylen as the ring leader of this demented death circus. If this clown can't even acknowledge how gawd awful this team is....there is zero hope for the Bulls. Actually....hope is non-existent when you have Gar Foreman and John Paxson STILL running this ship.

The Titanic had a better shot of staying afloat than this wreck of a team. I've seen some choking teams before but this one takes the cake.. Yes....instead of playoffs...Boylen has changed the expectations to winning individual quarters. The final game result doesn't matter when you "win the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters" as Boylen said. This guy infuriates me. Calling him a clown is an insult to all respectable clowns trying to earn a living.

A 7 or 8 seed team can certainly still be “learning” and “growing” dude.

You really expected this team to be 4-1 right now?! You have unrealistic expectations. Especially considering 4 or their 5 games have been on the road. The hardest thing to “learn” to do is win on the road as a young team in the NBA. Chill out

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
On the road against maybe the 4 worst teams in the league and a home game against the Raps that should have been way more competitive with Kawhi gone. 4-1 is a very realistic expectation considering.

Even if we turn it around these losses could bite us in the butt if we are in the hunt to snag that last playoff spot.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
On the road against maybe the 4 worst teams in the league and a home game against the Raps that should have been way more competitive with Kawhi gone. 4-1 is a very realistic expectation considering.

You also have too high of expectations if you truly feel they should be 4-1. Road games against anyone are tough when you have a young nucleus of players. The bulls will get better as the season goes along, if they can stay relatively healthy.

Outside of the raptors game, they had a chance to win all of those games if they could have closed the other team out. Like I already mentioned, closing out teams on the road is a hard thing to learn to do in the NBA for a young team...it will come in time

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did something happen to Lauri? Not sure why he wouldn't be out there at the end.

Otto's play thus far is troubling.

Otto is a great spot up shooter, for some reason they think he is supposed to do more. That one set where he looked and nobody wanted to bring the ball up, he dribbles, turns the elbow and shoots when they are constantly running a 3 guard offense. He knocks down open 3's. That is what he was when they brought him here, 3's and D and making him into something he is not.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This team sucks. We all know this team sucks. They'll win enough games though to always end up #7 pick and nothing will ever change.

Garpax enjoy their job security and thus will never quit and Jerry will never fire a loyal employee.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as this team kinda sucks (or is developing if you want to put a positive spin on it), I would still expect us to beat at least one of the Knicks or Cavs. Not lose a double digit lead to both. Is that too much to ask? Maybe...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Boylen is going to lose this team (if he hasn't already). His world travels to visit everyone and team building is not going to last too long. We will watch Garpax turn the roster over for guys that might listen.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
You also have too high of expectations if you truly feel they should be 4-1. Road games against anyone are tough when you have a young nucleus of players. The bulls will get better as the season goes along, if they can stay relatively healthy

I could forgive them dropping one of the gimmies on the road, but dropping 3 of 4 and getting trounced by the only good team they faced should be far below anyone's expectations.

That said im not quite hair on fire yet - The 04-05 team went 1-9 before finishing 47-35.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

EHHH, WTF are you griping about? Look at the roster, does it look like a roster likely to beat anyone?

Shame on you for buying into the preseason marketing speak and propaganda instead of relying on your eyes.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
EHHH, WTF are you griping about? Look at the roster, does it look like a roster likely to beat anyone?

Shame on you for buying into the preseason marketing speak and propaganda instead of relying on your eyes.
People need to adopt my stance that all of Chicago teams suck and you might as well do something else with your life.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I could forgive them dropping one of the gimmies on the road, but dropping 3 of 4 and getting trounced by the only good team they faced should be far below anyone's expectations.

That said im not quite hair on fire yet - The 04-05 team went 1-9 before finishing 47-35.
That's a good point...the season is still young and in theory this team can turn it around into a decent year.

That being said...I'm still disappointed, just as I was to start that 04-05 season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's a good point...the season is still young and in theory this team can turn it around into a decent year.

That being said...I'm still disappointed, just as I was to start that 04-05 season
Yeah but Ben Gordon isn't on this team.