If Mitch Struggles should the Bears sign Kaepernick?

Would you be upset if the Bears signed Colin Kaepernick?

• Total voters

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally don't care one way or the other as I don't think he's a destination QB. I suspect the 2nd part is what is preventing teams from taking on the extra ballast he carries.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick was not that good towards the end when he was playing, so I would pass. To bring on drama (and make no mistake there will be drama) for an average QB does not make much sense....

Chicago is not the type of team that takes on these headcases....it is just not their MO..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No but drafting his replacement would be the next move..
Kap comes with a lot of distractions and baggage.. not worth it for a guy who got benched and hasn't played in 3 years

Some keep talking about him being benched. Fact....he sat out cuz he was injured. When he was healthy, he was reinstated as the starter. The Bears aren't gonna sign him. However, I'm sick of the " distractions and baggage" caused by us having no commitment to winning

We might draft some stiff, immobile, non-playmaking Qb who needs perfect wr's and OL to be decent.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kaepernick was not that good towards the end when he was playing, so I would pass. To bring on drama (and make no mistake there will be drama) for an average QB does not make much sense....

Chicago is not the type of team that takes on these headcases....it is just not their MO..

Naw we just lose consistently while ownership collects millions$$$. With no plan or commitment to winning and getting back to the SB. I'm sick of the losing drama.
-----

Kaepernick was not that good towards the end when he was playing

The guy had 16Tds vs 4 picks his last year on team gutted of talent ( and lost Jim Harbaugh). It's funny how some ppl, look at the Kap as though he were Jonathan Quinn or Craig Krenzel. :rolleyes:

mbison

Liked Posts:
I really just wanted to take a poll to see how people felt about Kap and if they would mind if he was an NFL starter on their team. I prob should have made a different title to this poll

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he continues to struggle, get rid of Trubisky. Then get rid of Nagy for failing Trubisky. Then get rid of Pace for putting both of those bozos on us. KILL THEM ALL!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst thread ever

Kaepernick is a locker room cancer and his girlfirend is a registered Communist

What you think will happen the first time he wears his Fidel Castro teeshirt into the locker room and cursing Virginia?

idiot

You hate him because he is black. We know.

idiot

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Naw we just lose consistently while ownership collects millions$$$. With no plan or commitment to winning and getting back to the SB. I'm sick of the losing drama.
-----

The guy had 16Tds vs 4 picks his last year on team gutted of talent ( and lost Jim Harbaugh). It's funny how some ppl, look at the Kap as though he were Jonathan Quinn or Craig Krenzel. :rolleyes:
So you point to Kapernick and talk about winning.... he started 11 games and they won 1, he had a completion rate of 59%, if you want to pretend that he was playing well, go right ahead..... :unsure:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remi thinks he'd be back in the league if played RB. Run and Shoot just doesn't think.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No but drafting his replacement would be the next move..
Kap comes with a lot of distractions and baggage.. not worth it for a guy who got benched and hasn't played in 3 years

This man gets it.

The only way we fix the QB issue is:

1) Let trubisky play out the rest of the season, and HOPE he progresses(Doubtful)

or

2) Hope a QB falls to the 2nd round with some talent. This QB class is solid. Shit, if a MAJOR talent falls to the 20's(ala rodgers), trade up with both 2nd's for him.

There is no answer in FA. Kap will not fix this team, yes, he can throw a ball, but he hasn't read an NFL defense in 3 years. The NFL has changed a fuckton since then. It would be like starting a rookie.

Winston/Marriota are worse than Mitch. Winston will have good games then shit the bed. You can't make a superbowl run with a QB like that. Case Keenum is a joke.

We aint getting teddy.

So ya, Get mitch or die trying, and draft his replacement in round 2.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Signing crapernack would make everyone love Trubisky again but FK no outside of that. Pace/Nagy may get 1 more QB before being fired. You really think they would waste that on him???????

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Wtf is with some of you and your Kap obsession? Nobody is signing him. He doesnt have the amount of talent needed to look past the baggage.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Wtf is with some of you and your Kap obsession? Nobody is signing him. He doesnt have the amount of talent needed to look past the baggage.

He definitely has the talent. 3 NFC championship games and 1 Super Bowl appearance. How many QBs in the league have this on their resume? Maybe 5????

msadows

Liked Posts:
He definitely has the talent. 3 NFC championship games and 1 Super Bowl appearance. How many QBs in the league have this on their resume? Maybe 5????

Thats cool lets bring back peyton manning too why not.

Who cares what the fucking scrub did what, 5 years ago? He hasn't read an nfl defense in THREE YEARS.

I beg you to try doing something you havent done in 3 years and see how good you are at it. And this isn't even fucking dealing with his locker room cancer shit.