The Jalen Hurts Discussion Thread

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
These are seven guys who could potentially help us at Qb within a year or less. We can probably get one from the 2-5 round. Hurts is the wildcard. His stock is rising. I'll add more Qb as time goes on based on performance between now and the bowl games.

Jalen Hurts is #1 in points responsible for among Qb's....with 284 right now. We've seen his other stats

Joe Burrow, LSU We know about this guy. Has shown some mobility. Good passer. Won't be available

Tyler Huntley, Utah.....the posterVisionman, brought this guy to my attention. Has mobility, but doesn't run much. Low INTS. I like the fact that this guy is a winner with a 10-1 record.

Bryce Perkins, University of Virginia, Good passer & playmaker. Good mobility .low INTS.
2019 - Johnny Unitas Golden Arm finalist this is a guy I'd like to see sit for a year. Maybe play him sparingly in 1st yr. He has a 9-3 record this yr.

Caleb Evans , UL Monroe ......low INTS. developmental guy to sit for a yr or 2

Nathan Rourke , Ohio.......low INTS., can move around and make things happen

Anthony Gordon,Washington State.....this guy has put up a lotta Tds. bad news is he's not that mobile and will need good OL protection. He's not the guy to extend plays when things break down.

-------------------------

These are guys to keep an eye on for the future. The might not come out this yr.

Kellen Mond , JR.Texas A&M Aggies....may come out this year. Pass first Qb....with good mobility.....low INTS.

Cole McDonald,
JR.University of Hawaii .....very mobile, good passer ( might not be available in the 2020 draft, but a Qb to watch)
Sam Ehlinger , JR. Texas Longhorns.....gives ya Good mobility & passing. Might not leave.

**Justin Fields, Soph. OSU this guy can read the hell outta a "D". Can't help us now, but a Qb to keep an eye on in the next yr. or two

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah.....they said the same things about Watson and Lamar Jackson. :rolleyes:

His career #'s disagree with your "lack of accuracy" claim. The way I tell if a Qb can read "D" is by his Tds to INT ratio.
Lots INTS. means a Qb is misreading "D".

JalenHurts

View attachment 3954

And no one can call him a so-called "running Qb". His seasonal rushing is low.

View attachment 3955
You should look at system in addition to td/int ratio.

With your unsound logic, Texas Tech should be a nfl qb factory.

Watson could pass in college. Him and hurts aren’t even close to similar. Lamar Jackson has an elite skill in speed and elusiveness. Hurts is not elite in any skill that separates him.

MM c'mon. "look at system" u say.

Hurts has been in 2 systems ( Alabama & now Oklahoma) and has done a great job of reading "D" while keeping the INTS. low. You better bring some numbers to the table.

Hurts in his current and final year has a "horrible, inaccurate pass completion rate of 71.4%.
In 2018 he had a awful inaccurate, 72.9 pass completion rate " And Hurts has thrown an alarmingly high amount of
career INTS. over four years .........18 ?

In his last season Watson had a 67.4% pass completion rate. Career INTS. 32.

The numbers don't lie.
----------------------------------------------------------

Nor do the accomplishments lie.
And if Hurts wins a major bowl or the NC....well that just adds another accomplishment to his "resume". I remember another Qb who had added some accomplishments to his"resume" with a NC(2017) and we didn't even intw. him, :unsure:

Who came outta T-Tech "factory" in 2017? :unsure:

Ok MM gotta turn in.......:sleep:??

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

His career #'s disagree with your "lack of accuracy" claim. The way I tell if a Qb can read "D" is by his Tds to INT ratio.
That's what Pace said about Mitch. 4-1 vs the other 1st rounders at 3-1. College QBs changing positions in the NFL is not a slight. Ask Edelman. I know you harp on about Lamar but he got drafted in the 1st round as QB so much ado about nothing. That draft sites said he could fall back on another position if he didn't make it at QB is not a slight. Lots of QBs don't make it at that position and it's nice to have other attributes in case that happens. By the way, Jackson's college TD to INT ratio was 2.56-1. Talking out your ass as usual.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's what Pace said about Mitch. 4-1 vs the other 1st rounders at 3-1. College QBs changing positions in the NFL is not a slight. Ask Edelman. I know you harp on about Lamar but he got drafted in the 1st round as QB so much ado about nothing. That draft sites said he could fall back on another position if he didn't make it at QB is not a slight. Lots of QBs don't make it at that position and it's nice to have other attributes in case that happens. By the way, Jackson's college TD to INT ratio was 2.56-1. Talking out your ass as usual.

Ok I have no idea what you're talking about.......
Go back and thoroughly follow the discussion we were having and what MM originally said. Then....Proofread ur post for comprehension accuracy, proper context, clarity and relevance to the prior discussion points. Start here at post>>>>#10 ?

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
A guy you could develop is Brady White of Memphis. He has size, good arm talent and he’s accurate. He plays in a pro style system and takes snaps under center and in the shotgun.
It’s amazing how many QBs come into the NFL and have to learn how to go under center.

He is interesting to me.

He was not developed under the same head coach as Paxton Lynch either if you’re wondering.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jalen Hurts is Dak Prescott.

Prescott had just as many concerns as a passer and was compared to Tebow at Miss st.

I would take a chance on Hurts development as a passer. But you would have to build the team to reflect that he is not going to be an elite thrower of the football.

But the other stuff is there.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears have to give Hurts a serious look because he is a guy that can actually fall to the second. There are concerns, but he has the same concerns as every passer coming out has the past 5 years including Mahomes/Watson. He's been very successful at the college level. If he's there in the 2nd, I'm pulling the trigger.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
A guy you could develop is Brady White of Memphis. He has size, good arm talent and he’s accurate. He plays in a pro style system and takes snaps under center and in the shotgun.
It’s amazing how many QBs come into the NFL and have to learn how to go under center.

He is interesting to me.

He was not developed under the same head coach as Paxton Lynch either if you’re wondering.

looked up Brady White . He's a Jr. so he might not come out this yr. I like his low INTS. and Tds. I like the "snaps under center and in the shotgun"

Here's the concerns....it doesn't look like his mobile. What will he do when the pocket breaks down? Can he extend plays? On Paxton Lynch, he never really panned out in Denver....not sure how much his head coach had to do with it or him or both.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
These are seven guys who could potentially help us at Qb within a year or less. We can probably get one from the 2-5 round. Hurts is the wildcard. His stock is rising. I'll add more Qb as time goes on based on performance between now and the bowl games.

Jalen Hurts is #1 in points responsible for among Qb's....with 284 right now. We've seen his other stats

Joe Burrow, LSU We know about this guy. Has shown some mobility. Good passer. Won't be available

Tyler Huntley, Utah.....the posterVisionman, brought this guy to my attention. Has mobility, but doesn't run much. Low INTS. I like the fact that this guy is a winner with a 10-1 record.

Bryce Perkins, University of Virginia, Good passer & playmaker. Good mobility .low INTS.
2019 - Johnny Unitas Golden Arm finalist this is a guy I'd like to see sit for a year. Maybe play him sparingly in 1st yr. He has a 9-3 record this yr.

Caleb Evans , UL Monroe ......low INTS. developmental guy to sit for a yr or 2

Nathan Rourke , Ohio.......low INTS., can move around and make things happen

Anthony Gordon,Washington State.....this guy has put up a lotta Tds. bad news is he's not that mobile and will need good OL protection. He's not the guy to extend plays when things break down.

-------------------------

These are guys to keep an eye on for the future. The might not come out this yr.

Kellen Mond , JR.Texas A&M Aggies....may come out this year. Pass first Qb....with good mobility.....low INTS.

Cole McDonald,
JR.University of Hawaii .....very mobile, good passer ( might not be available in the 2020 draft, but a Qb to watch)
Sam Ehlinger , JR. Texas Longhorns.....gives ya Good mobility & passing. Might not leave.

**Justin Fields, Soph. OSU this guy can read the hell outta a "D". Can't help us now, but a Qb to keep an eye on in the next yr. or two
View attachment 3958

Tyler Huntley, Utah - This is a no. Looked like a poor mans russell wilson to me.
Jalen Hurts - As long as its not in the 1st round , too many questions.

Dont know about the others havne not watched them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

JalenHurts

View attachment 3954

And no one can call him a so-called "running Qb". His seasonal rushing is low.

View attachment 3955

There's a lot more that goes into if a QB can make that transition to the NFL then any stats you see of what they did in college or anything we can see in their game tape. The game is so much easier in college when probably an average or 8-9 of the 11 guys these QB's are going against on these defenses don't have the tools it takes to play in the NFL. Everyone is faster, stronger and smarter in the NFL and that's usually all 11 guys.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jalen Hurts is Dak Prescott.

Prescott had just as many concerns as a passer and was compared to Tebow at Miss st.

I would take a chance on Hurts development as a passer. But you would have to build the team to reflect that he is not going to be an elite thrower of the football.

But the other stuff is there.

So whoever hires Greg Roman as their next head coach, and i do think he gets a HC gig this offseason, should draft J.Hurts if they need a QB. Unfortunately that won't be us because we're kinda stuck with Nagy for at least one more season i would think. It would shock i think all of us if Pace fired Nagy after this season even if we lose out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Surprised that no one has discussed Jordan Love.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
looked up Brady White . He's a Jr. so he might not come out this yr. I like his low INTS. and Tds. I like the "snaps under center and in the shotgun"

Here's the concerns....it doesn't look like his mobile. What will he do when the pocket breaks down? Can he extend plays? On Paxton Lynch, he never really panned out in Denver....not sure how much his head coach had to do with it or him or both.

He navigates the pocket pretty well for a college QB.

I mentioned the coach because when Lynch was coming out of school one of the knocks on him was the system Memphis played while he was there. There was plenty of concern that he would not translate smoothly to the NFL because of it.

Games I’ve watched:

2018:

UCF twice

2019:

Mississippi
SMU
Houston
Cincinnati

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like Jacob Eason in the 2nd round his arm strength is interesting.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Bottom line is Jalen Hurts isn’t Lamar Jqckson. I’m sorry , we’ve seen this before. RG3, etc. LJ is a once in a generation talent. Hurts isn’t that guy.

RG3 went 20 TD's 5 Int's his rookie year and led his team to the playoffs after winning 7 straight and they would've won if he didn't get hurt and Shanahan wasn't a selfish bastard. He was never the same after that but could've been great.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Would take him in the 2nd, give Mr Biscuit A panic Attack.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He navigates the pocket pretty well for a college QB.

I mentioned the coach because when Lynch was coming out of school one of the knocks on him was the system Memphis played while he was there. There was plenty of concern that he would not translate smoothly to the NFL because of it.

Games I’ve watched:

2018:

UCF twice

2019:

Mississippi
SMU
Houston
Cincinnati

Appreciate you watching this guy. well I mentioned mobility cuz Brady White will need it here with us. Keep in mind he's a jr.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There's a lot more that goes into if a QB can make that transition to the NFL then any stats you see of what they did in college or anything we can see in their game tape. The game is so much easier in college when probably an average or 8-9 of the 11 guys these QB's are going against on these defenses don't have the tools it takes to play in the NFL. Everyone is faster, stronger and smarter in the NFL and that's usually all 11 guys.

Ok...so in your mind what does Hurts need to do too make the transition? What is he missing vs. OTHER COLLEGE QB'S? What stats? What accomplishments? Leadership? Play-making ability? INTELLIGENCE? What?