Is it possible? Bears 4-0, Min 2-2 over next 4?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I’ll keep a couple guys who have gone 22-10 and reached the playoffs in consecutive years.

Pace has assembled a competitive roster and is a QB pick away from having assembled a SB caliber competitive team.

We are not only one QB away from a champion team. O-line, TE, any WR not named Robinson and multiple facets of the defense have had major game-losing letdowns this year. Anyone who points to the O-line and playcalling are justified in their criticism; only they are not justified in trying to excuse Mitch for it.

Nagy is a 2nd year young coach who has proven he can lead a team and motivate them to play hard and buy-in. There are definitely areas he can improve on.

Basically I think it is nuts to want to blow it all up without giving this current setup more time especially if they do make a run this year.

I am unsure if anyone wants to blow them up NOW. Just those of us who have no faith in the run happening leading to us pre-supposing things stay the same by end of Week 17 at which point several of us want it blown up due to lack of faith in simple average NFL Proficiency being possible with this coach, QB, etc. Several of us know it WILL NOT happen even if we lose out, but I am pretty sure no one wants changes now in the course of the season.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would take 10-6 and missing the playoffs. We don't have a 1st round pick anyway. Winning out would mean that Mitch played well over the last 4 games as we would need him to match points with the good offenses we face.

The best thing that could ever happen would be for Mitch to turn it around and prove everyone wrong. Better late than never.

No it doesn't. 6 wins certainly does not mean Mitch played well 6 games this year. I give him 2 good games and that's it. Couple more mediocre but he did "enough" most of those games not play well.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lots of negativity in here. One game at a time. Do I think they will pull it off? Of course I don't. Will I keep rooting for them until they are mathematically eliminated? Of course I will be.

This is what I struggle with. I am changing. Years past I would have liked that post and rah rah with the rest. There seems to be a sickness deep in the Bears and the Lions game is like a day feeling good with meds but still terminally ill. I have always struggled with lack of faith leading to lack of even caring.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If we can beat Dallas, I like the potential of having Hicks back for the rest of the season. Its become obvious that he is a huge difference maker to this team and the energy he could jolt into this team could carry them to beat GB and KC.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Other than the Saints game who has embarassed them this year? They've been in pretty much every game this season except for that one.

They embarass themselves. Good teams are good enough to translate that into the Bears L. Bad teams struggle to get the W even when CHI tries to fuck themselves, but several bad teams managed to pull it off

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is what I struggle with. I am changing. Years past I would have liked that post and rah rah with the rest. There seems to be a sickness deep in the Bears and the Lions game is like a day feeling good with meds but still terminally ill. I have always struggled with lack of faith leading to lack of even caring.
For me the trick is just not caring that much. Happy when they win, if they don't, I don't let it ruin my day. Definitely used to though. I was in a bad mood for like a week after that NFCCG loss. Chalk it up to perspective about what actually matters.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
You guys are acting like it is impossible for a QB who has scored some points in the NFL to not get hot? A couple things I have noticed over the past few weeks that make me think Trubisky could in fact hit a hot streak:

1. His shoulder injury seems to be getting better. This is proven by the running he is doing, also the TD run he had where he lowered his shoulders without pause... INJURIES even minor ones can cause a player to look worse than they actually are. (Mack last year with the ankle anyone?)

2. His offensive line, while still not great in the run game, has been giving him more time. This alone can lead to more confidence and a more fluid offense to score.

3. RE: the running game - while still not great they have shown a bit better sign of life as well especially last week.

Trubisky is not incapable, he just needs most things to be right (play call, protection, health, ect). And this also goes for most any other QB.

TOM BRADY said it best a couple weeks ago. At this stage in the season every team is still improving and trying to get better. The BEARS still have a chance to figure this thing out offensively and if they do, with the Defense they have (and Hicks coming back ect.) the BEARS can be a legit playoff threat.

Maybe it is too little too late, but it aint over and if you think it is your lack of optimism must make your life miserable! ⭕

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For me the trick is just not caring that much. Happy when they win, if they don't, I don't let it ruin my day. Definitely used to though. I was in a bad mood for like a week after that NFCCG loss. Chalk it up to perspective about what actually matters.

I'm glad that helps you but I have good perspective on life overall. But when it comes to watching Bears, I feel like there are expectations that are reasonable for fans to have from their team. Even adjusting to the ridiculous over-rated hype from offseason, the Bears are not doing their job and still expecting fans to be fans of them. It is increasingly harder and harder to root for apparent cluelessness and victims of their own making.

Eg - if we were 6-6 but Mitch was developing and going from high INT rate to low INT rate or the run efficiency was going from bottom tier to average even ... anything to look and say Nagy is doing something right and turning the team from bad to better in a focused way that helps me see competence, I would feel differently.

As it is, I feel like Nagy is just a couple bad bounces away from a Trestman-like W-L and a couple bad leaks away from a Trestman-like locker room.

idk

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You guys are acting like it is impossible for a QB who has scored some points in the NFL to not get hot? A couple things I have noticed over the past few weeks that make me think Trubisky could in fact hit a hot streak:

Acting like it is unlikely that MITCH gets hot is not unreasonable.

1. His shoulder injury seems to be getting better. This is proven by the running he is doing, also the TD run he had where he lowered his shoulders without pause... INJURIES even minor ones can cause a player to look worse than they actually are. (Mack last year with the ankle anyone?)

His shoulder does seem like it is getting better. So? That doesn't follow he gets hot. Non sequiter reasoning.

2. His offensive line, while still not great in the run game, has been giving him more time. This alone can lead to more confidence and a more fluid offense to score.

O-line improving a tiny bit =/= Mitch getting hot.

3. RE: the running game - while still not great they have shown a bit better sign of life as well especially last week.

Running game improving a bit =/= Mitch getting hot.

Trubisky is not incapable, he just needs most things to be right (play call, protection, health, ect). And this also goes for most any other QB.

Mitch literally looks incapable week in and week out. Don't let a weak pass rush fool you either, he is slow af reading a defense even when he decides to. Any average pass rush with a D that correctly identifies and neutralizes his first read destroys the offensive play nearly every time for Mitch.

TOM BRADY said it best a couple weeks ago. At this stage in the season every team is still improving and trying to get better. The BEARS still have a chance to figure this thing out offensively and if they do, with the Defense they have (and Hicks coming back ect.) the BEARS can be a legit playoff threat.

Maybe it is too little too late, but it aint over and if you think it is your lack of optimism must make your life miserable! ⭕

I can only speak for myself here: My life =/= my hobby time and analysis of the Bears. That's ridiculous comment.

I think it's bizarre that optimistic fans such as yourself begin questioning pessimistic fans' life choices rather than acknowledge that your belief in the Bears doing well from here is based on loyalty and optimism and not as rational as one might imagine.

AND there is nothing wrong with that! Believe all you want; knock yourself out rooting! Enjoy coming in and rubbing our face in it if they beat DAL. I would only say for the record that I would never do the same if DAL beats CHI; I always commiserate with all even if I never shared positive outlooks with others and never gloat because I don't even WANT to be right. Just is what it is. Some people have faith; others are incapable of having it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's possible. Not probable, but possible (definitely biting my tongue here as I don't want to ever wish for the Bears to lose).

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:

His shoulder does seem like it is getting better. So? That doesn't follow he gets hot. Non sequiter reasoning.

Mitch literally looks incapable week in and week out. Don't let a weak pass rush fool you either, he is slow af reading a defense even when he decides to. Any average pass rush with a D that correctly identifies and neutralizes his first read destroys the offensive play nearly every time for Mitch.

I can only speak for myself here: My life =/= my hobby time and analysis of the Bears. That's ridiculous comment.

I think it's bizarre that optimistic fans such as yourself begin questioning pessimistic fans' life choices rather than acknowledge that your belief in the Bears doing well from here is based on loyalty and optimism and not as rational as one might imagine.

AND there is nothing wrong with that! Believe all you want; knock yourself out rooting! Enjoy coming in and rubbing our face in it if they beat DAL. I would only say for the record that I would never do the same if DAL beats CHI; I always commiserate with all even if I never shared positive outlooks with others and never gloat because I don't even WANT to be right. Just is what it is. Some people have faith; others are incapable of having it.
I guess all I can say, Outlaw, is let us see what happens in December. You know I was once a bumbling fool at my chosen profession. Took me some time to figure things out, but over a season of my life, just a few weeks, some things started to click and I figured some things out. Now I am one of the best in the world in my discipline. Improvement does happen, and it can happen in short order!

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Other than the Saints game who has embarassed them this year? They've been in pretty much every game this season except for that one.

Good point, I should have said "The Offense gets embarassed by good teams." the D has kept most of the games close while the team struggled to score.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Feel free to argue the points I made "Winman".

Can't "win" if you don't actually debate though.

@TheWinman

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:

Hmm looks like optimistic intuition won out over negative pessimism. What you say today Mr. @Outlaw Josey Cutler ?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only if Reid throws Nagy a bone. It's obviously possible to beat KC like any team but we need to get healthy, fast.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Anytime23 I gues we were both wrong - Your prediction of 6-10 and my labeling of your ability to tell the future like the best!
Yep, I thought they would lose out. I’m changing my prediction to 8-8. I think they get the win vs MIN.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hmm looks like optimistic intuition won out over negative pessimism. What you say today Mr. @Outlaw Josey Cutler ?

You do know our views did not affect the outcome of the game right?

I am happy Mitch played well, no qualms there.

I stand by my post though. Your "reasons why he gets hot" were non sequiter, illogical, and barely even qualify as definitions of the word "reason". That still holds true.

But the universe did not "reward" your optimism and "punish" my pessimism. lol