What I want to see from Pace

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears are going to give Mitch another shot at this thing, and his recent play has made that more likely and reasonable, I want to see Ryan Pace actually commit to ensuring that he is effective and can produce.

I think that this season has made some things painfully clear to the Bears and I need to see out GM react to the reality of what we have and what we are.

1. Mitch is not the pure pocket passer that they had hoped

They tried. No one can fault them for not trying to realize Pace's vision for Mitch, but the truth is that is not who he is and the longer they try and force it the worse it got. Mitch can play from the pocket, but he comes alive when he is running around making plays and not over thinking. Patrick Mannelly said it best on The Score, he said that Mitch is not a stand back there and count to 4 and let everything develop QB, he is a count to 2 QB and then go do something QB. We are seeing around the league that you do not need to be a count to 4 QB for your team to be successful. The Bears are in the playoffs with this version of Mitch and they are missing the playoffs with the depressed robot version from earlier in the season. Do what Mitch does well and slowly add things. Stop trying to force 202 down everyone's throats.

Let Mitch be Mitch.

2. Mitch is not going to raise everyone around him consistently

We know Mitch is not in the "overcome" issues category of QBs, which is fine because 3/4 of the NFL is not in that category and those guys are rare. So, lets stop asking him to overcome serious personnel issues on offense and build the talent around him. Lets make sure that there is competent TE play. Lets move the line from okay to good. The Bears go into most games with a personnel disadvantage in the trenches and that asks your OL to do a ton. Buffalo, Baltimore, SF, are all proving that you do not need a HOF pocket passer to win games if you can physically control the game on offense. The Bears cannot and a huge part of the issues early in the season is that they just got ass whooped at OL and TE. There is no surprise that they have improved when some guys like Shaheen, Long, Massie, Burton all hit the bench.

Improve the offensive personnel.

3. Mitch does better when he is not getting pressured

The OL is not good enough. They have been good for a couple of weeks and Mitch has come alive, but early in the season they were horrendous and it only made Mitch more horrendous. Mitch cannot overcome poor OL play. The Bears can no longer be okay with "average". If they want to maximize what they get from Mitch and Nagy's offense, or really any QB for that matter, they need the line to move towards dominant. They need to be able to run the ball, they need play action to work, they need Mitch to be able to use good mechanics and step into throws, that all comes with getting better players up front. Pace should know this, New Orleans has had one of the best OLs in the league the entire Brees era. Armstead, Ramzcyk, Warford, Peat, McCoy, all highly drafted and well paid and really good. Before that it was Bushrod, Nicks, Unger, Evans, Strief, again a top 5 unit in the NFL.

The OL can no longer be average, solid, good enough.

4. Enough of the midgets

There is a world where Mitch can take advantage of the small, fast guys in space, but it is not this world. He has struggled to get the ball to Gabriel down field, Gabriel has generated next to no YAC for the Bears. The same can be said for Cohen, but he is more of a threat from the backfield. All of a sudden Wims comes in and Mitch is able to consistently find him, Wims generates some YAC, the offense looks better. Mitch is not a pin point passer, shocking I know, get some dudes on the field with size and catch radius that can make up for his lack of pin point accuracy. This is not only about Mitch, on the Miller RPO TD you saw Patterson absolutely stone the DB that had the best chance of getting Miller. Well Patterson is 6'3" 230lbs and you saw it there and on his big YAC run later, that size only helps in the screen game and the YAC game.

Give him bigger targets and more margin for era.
Windy..You always make great posts!!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a QB you do. I do too. He’s not really great at anything and your QB needs to do *something* really well to build on. Can anybody actually tell me what he does at an above average level? And don’t say his legs because he doesn’t use them enough.

If he can't do anything well, how did he get Fedex Air Player of the Week, only to follow that up by an even better game the following week?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If he can't do anything well, how did he get Fedex Air Player of the Week, only to follow that up by an even better game the following week?
LMFAO. What is this like an MVP award to you guys? He played the fucking Lions and Cowboys. It’s TWO games. But please answer the question. Is he incredibly accurate? Is he incredibly good at reading defenses? Does he have a Rodgers like rocket arm? Is he great at navigating the pocket. What exactly does he do at an above average level?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMFAO. What is this like an MVP award to you guys? He played the fucking Lions and Cowboys. It’s TWO games. But please answer the question. Is he incredibly accurate? Is he incredibly good at reading defenses? Does he have a Rodgers like rocket arm? Is he great at navigating the pocket. What exactly does he do at an above average level?
Dallas had a top 10 defense

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is that the fucking Cowboys that many of the message board haters gave the Bears no shot at winning the day before the game? Should I pull that thread out? Now that the Bears blew them out (until the 4th quarter BS), now the Bears beat nobody. Trubisky played insanely good by any standards the last 2 weeks, why can't you just accept that, and hope it does or doesn't continue, as it may.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sooooo nothing? I just want a simple question answered.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that the fucking Cowboys that many of the message board haters gave the Bears no shot at winning the day before the game? Should I pull that thread out? Now that the Bears blew them out (until the 4th quarter BS), now the Bears beat nobody. Trubisky played insanely good by any standards the last 2 weeks, why can't you just accept that, and hope it does or doesn't continue, as it may.

100% correct...
Almost every one of the talking heads picked Dallas to beat the Bears..Now, all of a sudden, Dallas is a bunch of Bums

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Whatever your opinions on the Bears, the Cowboys were and are a paper tiger.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sooooo nothing? I just want a simple question answered.

Actually in the last two games, Trubisky was ridiculously accurate, pinpointing perfect passes all over the place. Do you hope it stops? Would you prefer to look at prior games instead where he wasn't as accurate? Or just say hey, those games were great, as good as anybody, lets hope it continues.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Actually the Chicago Bears did. I want to know what Mitchell David Trubisky does as an individual at an above average level.
Escapability. Throws well moving to his left relative to most imo. That's about it.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually the Chicago Bears did. I want to know what Mitchell David Trubisky does as an individual at an above average level.
he had a passer rating of 115 vs a top 10 defense..If that isnt enough for you, then you are just proving that you're a hater

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Actually in the last two games, Trubisky was ridiculously accurate, pinpointing perfect passes all over the place. Do you hope it stops? Would you prefer to look at prior games instead where he wasn't as accurate? Or just say hey, those games were great, as good as anybody, lets hope it continues.
I would prefer to look at his entire body of work where he isn’t an accurate QB. Isn’t that smarter than looking at 2 fucking games?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
A lot of the issues can be laid at the feet of Pace. Kyle Long has been effectively retired for 3 seasons now, but they keep trotting him out there and never invested in depth until just recently.

Trading for Mack effectively ended the Trubisky development era. You recognize what Mitch can and can’t do because you’re in a win now mode. Without Mack, you can take the time to make Trubisky a pocket passer.

Pace did a great job pre-Trubisky managing the dumpster fire leftover by Emery. Post-Trubisky Pace has really done a terrible job.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
he had a passer rating of 115 vs a top 10 defense..If that isnt enough for you, then you are just proving that you're a hater
So one game is enough for you to be satisfied. Get a grip man. Even Ryan Fitzpatrick looks great for one game a year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He doesn’t even do it frequently though. Dallas was the first time all season he used it.

Escapability is more than tucking it and running. But I agree, he should be running more.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Escapability is more than tucking it and running. But I agree, he should be running more.
Are you implying escapability includes things like moving in the pocket? He doesn’t do that well either though.