Trajectory of the 2019 Season

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The trajectory of the season has been pretty clear since the first game. Some people on here noticed then but not many. From day one, Nagy has challenged Trubisky to step up and take the team and he hasn't really relented all year. Eased back a bit, but never really wavered. Through all that shit QB play, Nagy never hesitated. He almost lost the team, but never altered course.

Dude has some stones cause he is risking his job. But Nagy put this team in the position where they were only going to do as well as Trubisky and has refused to change. With the gambit being that Trubs would rise to the occasion and take that next step.

People been wringing their hands about all kinds of other nonsense. The list of dumb shit people pick to complain about weekly has been Special person. As if a QB playing like shit and a coach that refuses hide his play isn't enough. Its like half the fuckidiots on here can't remember the last week and have to relearn why the bears were bad every game.

But the problems were never about Special person complaints like gadget plays or slogans or the Special person "playcalling" catchall that means whatever pissed of fans are mad about, depending on the week.

Nagy has been using the leverage of everyone's job in the entire org to force Trubisky to step up. And Trubs has spent most of the year failing. Until the last couple of weeks. Thats what we have been watching.

If Nagy pulls it off, he will look like a genius. If Trubs folds, Nagy will look like a fucking idiot.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I posted this on like page 5 of some dumb ass thread, but am reposting because I am interested in what people think.

And no, the claim is not that Nagy is some kind of genius or some stupid shit. Just that Nagy is Nagy and he is gonna run his team through the QB. He is gon run his O the way he wants and is not gon change. And for now, that means forcing Trubs into the player Nagy needs him to be.

I contend the struggles this year come from Trubs failing to execute and Nagy refusing to adapt to shit QB play. All the other problems mostly been symptoms of that core dynamic.

I am neither praising nor criticizing this approach. Just saying what I think has been happening.

It IS unique in Bears history tho that a coach is actually trying to force a QB to develop rather than caving after half a season and going full turtle with the O.

I guess we will all see how it turns out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well said. Essentially, Tribs failed at being a pocket passer. Never took the next step like many wanted. Now he's running again which is fine, but he's not a top QB.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[QUOTE="botfly10, post: 3263320, member
The trajectory of the season has been pretty clear since the first game. Some people on here noticed then but not many. From day one, Nagy has challenged Trubisky to step up and take the team and he hasn't really relented all year. Eased back a bit, but never really wavered. Through all that shit QB play, Nagy never hesitated. He almost lost the team, but never altered course.

Dude has some stones cause he is risking his job. But Nagy put this team in the position where they were only going to do as well as Trubisky and has refused to change. With the gambit being that Trubs would rise to the occasion and take that next step.

People been wringing their hands about all kinds of other nonsense. The list of dumb shit people pick to complain about weekly has been Special person. As if a QB playing like shit and a coach that refuses hide his play isn't enough. Its like half the fuckidiots on here can't remember the last week and have to relearn why the bears were bad every game.

But the problems were never about Special person complaints like gadget plays or slogans or the Special person "playcalling" catchall that means whatever pissed of fans are mad about, depending on the week.

Nagy has been using the leverage of everyone's job in the entire org to force Trubisky to step up. And Trubs has spent most of the year failing. Until the last couple of weeks. Thats what we have been watching.

If Nagy pulls it off, he will look like a genius. If Trubs folds, Nagy will look like a fucking idiot.
[/

Agree 100%

If Nagy cant get mitch to step up, there is no way Anthony Miller rises to top 3-4 WR level in the NFL, #1 in bears history. Really need Mitch to get his CHIT together. I'm liking more of what I'm seeing, looking forward to seeing more Antmill being hit in stride, get that TD stat where it should be.

[/QUOTE]

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't know for sure what went on in Nagy's head.

Trubisky was playing much differently the first half of the year than last year. For whatever reason. It wasn't working, Trubisky was not reading defenses properly and was very tentative.

Second half of the season Trubisky started seeing defenses better, his yards per completion went up and he started to become more accurate.

I absolutely lay this at the feet of Trubisky.....

HOWEVER.....

Nagy sucked as a head coach the first half of the season and was a shit playcaller. Anyone who lays all the problems at the feet of Trubisky either hasn't really watched the Bears or doesn't understand what they are seeing.

Nagy did not call run play consistently, and due to his game plan, made the Bears a one dimensional team. He was stubborn and refused to do what we all wanted was play action passing.

Second half of the season, Nagy ran the ball like a maniac, but he also added a bigger mixture of actual play action passing. Not just RPOs. Trubisky was turning his back to the oline.

Combine these facts with bad oline play the first half of the year you have a recipe for disaster.

The plain and simple truth is that Nagy started calling much more traditional play action passing. Immediately the Bears started playing better on offense. The oline was blocking better in both running and passing and Montgomery was starting to find consistent success.

I understand the narrative of wanting to pin this on one aspect of it. Its simple and it it allows people to justify their previous narratives without having to put much thought process into it. But It is pretty obvious that Nagy, Trubisky and the oline were culpable in the bad offense, but they are also the big part of the reason that there has been a dramatic turnaround.

The oline improved, Trubisky improved and Nagy improved. It wasn't just one thing or even a majority piled onto one thing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy did not run the ball enough at the beginning of the year and parly that into success, only until they installed a play action game did they find success. Trubisky was not a running QB against Detroit. He was running play action form the pocket and was really good.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well said. Essentially, Tribs failed at being a pocket passer. Never took the next step like many wanted. Now he's running again which is fine, but he's not a top QB.

what? no, thats not what I said at all.

In fact, Nagy is on record saying he wanted Trubs to move around and run more and was trying to get Trubs to. And came off sounding frustrated.

The lack of runs, or never keeping it on RPOs or becoming a statue was on Trubs. Like he was so far up in his own head with too much shit to process, the running just fell to the wayside.

Honestly, I kinda think Trubs sorta went through a major pussy phase where he was almost paralyzed with fear about fucking up. And it seems like he might have broke through that in the 2nd half of the det game.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
what? no, thats not what I said at all.

In fact, Nagy is on record saying he wanted Trubs to move around and run more and was trying to get Trubs to. And came off sounding frustrated.

The lack of runs, or never keeping it on RPOs or becoming a statue was on Trubs. Like he was so far up in his own head with too much shit to process, the running just fell to the wayside.

Honestly, I kinda think Trubs sorta went through a major pussy phase where he was almost paralyzed with fear about fucking up. And it seems like he might have broke through that in the 2nd half of the det game.
Whatever Mitch did in the off-season, whoever he listened to, he cannot do that again this offseason.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't know for sure what went on in Nagy's head.

Trubisky was playing much differently the first half of the year than last year. For whatever reason. It wasn't working, Trubisky was not reading defenses properly and was very tentative.

Second half of the season Trubisky started seeing defenses better, his yards per completion went up and he started to become more accurate.

I absolutely lay this at the feet of Trubisky.....

HOWEVER.....

Nagy sucked as a head coach the first half of the season and was a shit playcaller. Anyone who lays all the problems at the feet of Trubisky either hasn't really watched the Bears or doesn't understand what they are seeing.

Nagy did not call run play consistently, and due to his game plan, made the Bears a one dimensional team. He was stubborn and refused to do what we all wanted was play action passing.

Second half of the season, Nagy ran the ball like a maniac, but he also added a bigger mixture of actual play action passing. Not just RPOs. Trubisky was turning his back to the oline.

Combine these facts with bad oline play the first half of the year you have a recipe for disaster.

The plain and simple truth is that Nagy started calling much more traditional play action passing. Immediately the Bears started playing better on offense. The oline was blocking better in both running and passing and Montgomery was starting to find consistent success.

I understand the narrative of wanting to pin this on one aspect of it. Its simple and it it allows people to justify their previous narratives without having to put much thought process into it. But It is pretty obvious that Nagy, Trubisky and the oline were culpable in the bad offense, but they are also the big part of the reason that there has been a dramatic turnaround.

The oline improved, Trubisky improved and Nagy improved. It wasn't just one thing or even a majority piled onto one thing.

eh, I don't much care who is to blame in the scenario.

I am just saying imo, Nagy hasn't changed what he does and what he calls all that much. Some wrinkles here and there, but same basic approach and overall philosophy. The one who has grown is Trubisky.

Basically I am saying that Nagy has been a stubborn fuck all year. The team looked like shit cause the QB was failing and everything compounded from there. But it looks like Trubs may have hit that threshold where shit is slowing down and he isn't all up in his head.

And when it clicks with Trubs, the O takes off. It looks like magic, but in reality these plays have been there all along, waiting for Trubs to step up.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever Mitch did in the off-season, whoever he listened to, he cannot do that again this offseason.

meh

I just think Trubs is deeply invested in succeeding, has faith in his coach, and was in way, way, way over his head. But maybe he is catching up now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
eh, I don't much care who is to blame in the scenario.

I am just saying imo, Nagy hasn't changed what he does and what he calls all that much. Some wrinkles here and there, but same basic approach and overall philosophy. The one who has grown is Trubisky.

Basically I am saying that Nagy has been a stubborn fuck all year. The team looked like shit cause the QB was failing and everything compounded from there. But it looks like Trubs may have hit that threshold where shit is slowing down and he isn't all up in his head.

And when it clicks with Trubs, the O takes off. It looks like magic, but in reality these plays have been there all along, waiting for Trubs to step up.

The bolded statement is wrong. About the time the offense started improving Nagy was calling a lot more traditional PA passes. And committing to consistently running the ball.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he should start microdosing for games
I was thinking just one heavy dose with a shaman for like 20 hours, after a week of prep first of course, would set him right. Bears should have done this during the bye imo

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for Nagy not running the ball enough, jesus chris people.

Nagy has shown that he uses the pass to set up the run. He has clearly demonstrated that. If the pass isn't working, he is NOT going to abandon it EVER. Thats what his offensive approach is and he has shown its not going to change.

When the pass game isn't working, the run game is going to flounder and he is going to stray from it. Nagy has shown this over and over and over.

He just is NOT EVER going to use the run to set up the pass. Nagy uses the run to keep the D honest and burn clock and not a whole lot more. He is gon run this O through the QB and thats just all there is to it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for Nagy not running the ball enough, jesus chris people.

Nagy has shown that he uses the pass to set up the run. He has clearly demonstrated that. If the pass isn't working, he is NOT going to abandon it EVER. Thats what his offensive approach is and he has shown its not going to change.

When the pass game isn't working, the run game is going to flounder and he is going to stray from it. Nagy has shown this over and over and over.

He just is NOT EVER going to use the run to set up the pass. He is gon run this O through the QB and thats just all there is to it.

He has been using the traditional play action pass over the past 5 games a lot more than he ever did.

I agree Nagy is not a run first guy, but his play selection changed right about the time the Bears O improved.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has been using the traditional play action pass over the past 5 games a lot more than he ever did.

I agree Nagy is not a run first guy, but his play selection changed right about the time the Bears O improved.

He literally treats the run exactly like the Chiefs or like Peyton Manning used to. Its only ever going to work if the passing game is also producing.

Which means that if the pass game isn't working, the run game is also going to look like shit and Nagy is just gon lean harder into the pass. Which is exactly what we have seen play out in games where Trubs struggles.

I think you are confusing cause and effect here. Increased production in the run is an effect of Trubs getting it together, not a cause.

btw, I am not saying that is smart - just that its who Nagy is as a coach.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I posted this on like page 5 of some dumb ass thread, but am reposting because I am interested in what people think.
The way I would sum up your post is you're saying Nagy has stuck with Trub. What do I think about that? He could have gone to Daniels, but he didn't play that much better, and that wouldn't develop your 2nd over pick in Mitch. I don't see what other choice Nagy could have made.