The Bears are not going to make the playoffs next year either.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
We had a lot of luck in our wins (playing backups, bad calls going our way) while we usually looked awful in our losses and deserved to lose. Combine that with no picks, no money, and the improbability of the team being this healthy again and the Bears will regress significantly.

I predicted 8-8 at the start of this season and predict 4-12 for next season.

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Running into the kicker. Missed 41 yard FG on 2nd down. Dropped screen vs eagles.

Yes there are issues aplenty, but it's not like this is a bottom of the league team.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Running into the kicker. Missed 41 yard FG on 2nd down. Dropped screen vs eagles.

Yes there are issues aplenty, but it's not like this is a bottom of the league team.

That's why I'm saying reality check...it's really hard to overcome a bad coach.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Agree with the sentiment OP. I will say there is a chance. Andy Dalton with a TE and new RG could help this offense a lot. Upgrade at RT wouldn’t hurt either.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have a great HC but they will not make the playoffs again with Mitch as QB.

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
That's why I'm saying reality check...it's really hard to overcome a bad coach.

I don't think he's a bad head coach, but he is way over his head as a coordinator. People were mentioning the name Trestman at midseason. To avoid that type of tailspin he had some quality buy in from quality character players.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree with the sentiment OP. I will say there is a chance. Andy Dalton with a TE and new RG could help this offense a lot. Upgrade at RT wouldn’t hurt either.
Those changes won't make the Cohen handoffs, end arounds and all of the other predictable playcalls be any less predictable. And Dalton sucks.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Those changes won't make the Cohen handoffs, end arounds and all of the other predictable playcalls be any less predictable. And Dalton sucks.
Dalton isn’t “the guy” but he can at least read defenses, go through progressions, and hit open WRs. If you really think the occasional end around play call is the reason this offense sucks you’re a fool.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone but Mitch is bullshit. I don’t see a solution for next year at qb. I don’t want Mitch. I don’t want cam or teddy. can’t draft a top qb.

kind of want a mini rebuild to happen. By the time they can draft another qb the defense will be older.

And outside of qb issue we still have shit play calling and o line. Just too many issues. We will see what happens I guess but I’m just a pessimist when it comes to the bears.