Mahomes overrated and Trubisky will outperform him next season

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you didn't see the one yesterday telling people he'd rather lose all the games with Trubisky than win all the games with Mahomes

Was that serious?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Perhaps we already have enough talent around Trubisky, and he is the problem.

Tru dat.

It's like back in the day when the Bears gave Cutler the red carpet treatment. Did everything in their power to work to Jay's strengths. They wanted to make the offense the focal point and strength of the team. O coordinator changes, personnel changes. In fact one year the Bears offense fielded Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Martellus Bennett and Forte. Those are prime weapons. Yet the Bears offense finished 23rd in scoring that year as frustration set in and triggered the downfall of Marshall and Cutler's real life BFF relationship as they are no longer on speaking terms to this day

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'll be the first to say Trubisky needs to get better down the field and reacting to defenses quicker. I think he started getting better at the later as the year went on. But I will also say Trubisky had very little support on offense. No TE, 1 very good WR and 1 potential up and coming good WR.

And there was absolutely zero run game. Trubisky faced pass defenses a lot and no team felt the need to ever worry about the run game.

This would not be easy for anyone. So it is hard for me to pass final judgement on Trubisky.

Imagine having to peak at your blindside at the start of every play because your LT is playing so poorly that you call 15 wr screens becsuse he cant block for longer than 3 seconds and is a worthless run blocker.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Imagine having to peak at your blindside at the start of every play because your LT is playing so poorly that you call 15 wr screens becsuse he cant block for longer than 3 seconds and is a worthless run blocker.

Yes cause Mahomes never deals with pressure. I seen Mack beat his man clean off the line of scrimmage and Mahomes quickly goes to his hot read for positive gains. Last week vs Titans he had numerous pressure.

Kid has pocket presence and good awareness. your boy Mitch not so much

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He literally has 5 of the best players in the league playing with him on offense.

There's a reason Brady had a bad year. His teams defense was #1. The talent on his side? Nonexistent.

Mitch had worse options than Brady. Literally 5 guys were backups. That doesnt include the worst LT in football.

when trubs doesn't see the wide open guy on half his drops, what the fuck does it matter if they are all pro or backups.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'll be the first to say Trubisky needs to get better down the field and reacting to defenses quicker. I think he started getting better at the later as the year went on. But I will also say Trubisky had very little support on offense. No TE, 1 very good WR and 1 potential up and coming good WR.

And there was absolutely zero run game. Trubisky faced pass defenses a lot and no team felt the need to ever worry about the run game.

This would not be easy for anyone. So it is hard for me to pass final judgement on Trubisky.

This is fair.

He’s never going to be Mahomes but neither is anyone else. Watson is nowhere near as good as Mahomes either. I like Watson too but it cracks me up when people lump them together like Watson is on par with Mahomes. He’s not even close.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
This is fair.

He’s never going to be Mahomes but neither is anyone else. Watson is nowhere near as good as Mahomes either. I like Watson too but it cracks me up when people lump them together like Watson is on par with Mahomes. He’s not even close.
the scouting report was that mahomes was the gunslinger who threw stupid picks and Watson was safer....now you rarely see mahomes turn it over although his WRs are ridiculously open

not sure Trubisky had potential to be elite but the fact that nobody on the coaching staff has worked w/ him and his technique footwork or throwing motion is malpractice IMO....not sure if the kid realizes he can't take time off now maybe a week and he needs to immerse in qb technique and mechanics or he will forever be a backup. My heart hopes he can do it but my mind thinks he can't.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I watched several Chiefs games this year because my 9 year old is a fan. In most circumstances Mahomes had all day to stand and throw because the teams were in nickel or dime the majority of snaps. I'm not saying he isn't amazingly talented, because he is, but it looks very easy for him much of the time because Kelce and Hill are virtually uncoverable. Combine this with a good oline and you see what makes their secret sauce. I don't know anymore what MT will become, but there is no legitimate comparison between their situations.

Unrivaled

Liked Posts:
I watched several Chiefs games this year because my 9 year old is a fan. In most circumstances Mahomes had all day to stand and throw because the teams were in nickel or dime the majority of snaps. I'm not saying he isn't amazingly talented, because he is, but it looks very easy for him much of the time because Kelce and Hill are virtually uncoverable. Combine this with a good oline and you see what makes their secret sauce. I don't know anymore what MT will become, but there is no legitimate comparison between their situations.
The Chiefs receivers play a part in it, but teams are also scared of Mahomes vision and arm. They would rather take their chances against the Chiefs running game as Mahomes is lethal when throwing under pressure.

Mitch under pressure not so much... teams are praying he's going to throw the ball every play and dare him to. It's usually either a sack, incompletion or short gain as Mitch has tunnel vision.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.only if we get him some weapons. Mitch needs some reliable weapons alongside Robinson and a TE.
Mahomes the overrated balloon has the best TE in the NFL and the fastest offense to throw to. Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Hardman are all fucking speedsters that have good hands. Our boy the poor Mitch had to make something with garbage Holtz, shaheen, wims and gabriel the whole season.
If the bears add a solid WR and a tight end to the roster and also upgrade the RB position to rotate with montgomery and cohen as a three man punch squad, there is no doubt this team will make to the playoffs next season and Trubisky will hand out all the haters a nice delicious cockmeat samwich for them to eat and enjoy. Mark this post

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You understand WHY they were in dime and nickel or nah?

Their line was suddenly upgraded when he showed up. His arm is so amazing he just drops back further whenever. He does have an elite playcaller, WR, and TE but I think the rest is average at best. He was indeed nerfed when Hill sat out, but he is also still getting better every week. He is a good leader, and his arm talent is top top top shelf. Thank god he runs like a goober. If he could run like Trubisky its gameover.

His coach knows how to exploit his arm velocity, but he brings special accuracy to the table himself. Just enjoy the show, its a gift we get to see him against 2019's best defense. They can for sure fuck him up a bit, he is going to hold the ball to long a few times...there will be coverage sacks. This game could be tight and probably comes down to good Jimmy G or bad Jimmy G like our own 2006 run.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
.only if we get him some weapons. Mitch needs some reliable weapons alongside Robinson and a TE.
Mahomes the overrated balloon has the best TE in the NFL and the fastest offense to throw to. Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Hardman are all fucking speedsters that have good hands. Our boy the poor Mitch had to make something with garbage Holtz, shaheen, wims and gabriel the whole season.
If the bears add a solid WR and a tight end to the roster and also upgrade the RB position to rotate with montgomery and cohen as a three man punch squad, there is no doubt this team will make to the playoffs next season and Trubisky will hand out all the haters a nice delicious cockmeat samwich for them to eat and enjoy. Mark this post

You were so negative for years. You must have cancer.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you didn't see the one yesterday telling people he'd rather lose all the games with Trubisky than win all the games with Mahomes

I honestly thought this WAS that thread. :ROFLMAO: