2019-20 Around the NBA Thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Mark Jackson three minutes into the game basically says Zion is fat and out of shape.

4th quarter: Zion drops 17 in under 4 minutes.

He is a terrible announcer.

They were showing him on sportscenter falling asleep on the bench monday. I always thought he looked out of shape, but its the body he has.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just watched the recording of Zion.

He was really struggling, looked out of breath. Turnovers, etc. THESE THINGS ARE EXPECTED FIRST GAME BACK GOING NBA GAME SPEED FOR ANYONE.

The 4th quarter starts, Zion commits 2 more turnovers and a miss...is shaking his head, laughing even at the night he has had. There are 8 free throws and a Spurs timeout...so he can catch his breath.

At the 9 minute mark they come out of the timeout and he hits a 3 from the top of key. The let him take it. He gives up a layup. Ball gives him a lob dunk/layin. Its the pass.

For some reason the Spurs don't pick-up zion down the court, and give him another 3 pointer wide open at the top. Easiest place to shoot. Next time down, he misses but bullies Jacob Pertle for an offensive board put back. They leave him open for another 3 from the elbow.

Next time down, they leave him open for another 3 from the other elbow.

At no point does any of this test his current endurance. It was just a mini-stretch where the Spurs decided to let him shoot. After it was over Spurs settle down and take control of the game back.

4 threes in a row. Impressive certainly and why he freaks everyone out. How many guards ever made 4 3's in a row in their NBA debut?

For whatever reason they shut him down immediately after a 17 point spurt. He didn't even play the last 5.5 minutes.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In other news, Lonzo Ball fixed his shot and we should have traded for him. Though we probably wouldn't have fixed his shot.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In other news, Lonzo Ball fixed his shot and we should have traded for him. Though we probably wouldn't have fixed his shot.

Shit the Bulls probably would have made him look so bad he'd be out of the league. I've been very impressed with Zach and Wendell this season who have been thriving despite the shitty situation they're in. They've made Lauri look like a total bum.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit the Bulls probably would have made him look so bad he'd be out of the league. I've been very impressed with Zach and Wendell this season who have been thriving despite the shitty situation they're in. They've made Lauri look like a total bum.

They should really consider trading for a PG.

Even...might I say...Derrick Rose? That might not seem possible, but if you fire Gar/Pax/lolBoylen first, and roll with

Rose-Lavine-Young-Lauri-WJC

Its better than what thy have now. White comes in off the bench to score. They have some other depth pieces but their rotation is idiotic. Half those guys should be released or sent to G-league and focus on the guys worth developing.

I feel like a Van Gundy could get something out of this roster if you traded for a PG.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They should really consider trading for a PG.

Even...might I say...Derrick Rose? That might not seem possible, but if you fire Gar/Pax/lolBoylen first, and roll with

Rose-Lavine-Young-Lauri-WJC

Its better than what thy have now. White comes in off the bench to score. They have some other depth pieces but their rotation is idiotic. Half those guys should be released or sent to G-league and focus on the guys worth developing.

I feel like a Van Gundy could get something out of this roster if you traded for a PG.

We are currently the Minnesota Timberwolves of point guards. Dunn, Satoransky, Archie, Shaq, Lavine, then we get to White. You get a stud point guard, maybe Archie is third to White, but then the rest of them all turn into 2's. Some might say Denzel's best spot is point guard as well. Getting a point, with Koby and arch and moving some of the rest sound like a plan, but that is the problem with this team, full of 1's and 4's and lacking the other spots

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lauri now out a month. So now no Porter, Carter, Gafford and Lauri. I have a sneaking suspicion that part of Lauri's bad play is partly related. If anyone wants to get injured and have their career go downhill, come join the Bulls.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are currently the Minnesota Timberwolves of point guards. Dunn, Satoransky, Archie, Shaq, Lavine, then we get to White. You get a stud point guard, maybe Archie is third to White, but then the rest of them all turn into 2's. Some might say Denzel's best spot is point guard as well. Getting a point, with Koby and arch and moving some of the rest sound like a plan, but that is the problem with this team, full of 1's and 4's and lacking the other spots
Dunn is the closest thing to a NBA PG we have and his comparison would be Patrick Beverly. I'm sure that's what the clippers see.

Yet their isn't a great passer who can shoot well enough to stretch a D among them.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Thoughts on this?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thoughts on this?
DLo and Lavine sounds like a great combo...for NBA 2k

Think it's more likely the TWolves are the ones that make the bid for him if anyone does

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dang monster trade...

Interesting move by the Rockets moving Capela for Covington

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dang monster trade...

Interesting move by the Rockets moving Capela for Covington
They are 11-1 without him, so it seems they rather play Tucker at the 5. Looks like they have 12 days to add a center with the money. Also, a couple of other pieces are in the trade that they found out about later