Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RIP 2020 'hawks...
...and yes, if I'm wrong I'll eat crow.

It was actually over quite a while ago but we Hawk fans die hard. Sad to say but at this point the only thing of importance is what Bowman can do at the deadline and I'm not talking about upgrading this year. Actually, I wouldn't be upset if they lost another 5 or 6 more in this "run" they are on. They need to start adding more young studs.....good ones...which usually means a top 5 pick at the minumum. Time to bottom out a bit as living in mediocrity is a death sentence.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
It was actually over quite a while ago but we Hawk fans die hard. Sad to say but at this point the only thing of importance is what Bowman can do at the deadline and I'm not talking about upgrading this year. Actually, I wouldn't be upset if they lost another 5 or 6 more in this "run" they are on. They need to start adding more young studs.....good ones...which usually means a top 5 pick at the minumum. Time to bottom out a bit as living in mediocrity is a death sentence.

Yep, you don't want to be like the Bulls every year and hoping to tag the last spot in the playoff derby every season with a pick out of the top 5 or top 10 to show for it every season.

Back to back to back no playoffs. Completely wipe the slate clean. It was a good run with the old core and can understand why the front office felt like they could squeeze out one more but it's officially finished.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
IF the season ends today, the Blackhawks currently hold the #8 pick in the draft lottery.

Keep tanking hard

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Vancoooooover will be a gut check. The twins are getting their numbers retired. If this does not wake this team up nothing will, well, maybe a pairing of Gilbert and Seeler :smug2:

Lenhar looked disinterested. He has not been the same since he told those reporters he is not bending over for another short money deal. Sure hope there is some plan for next year.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not to pin it all on these four, but Lehner, Debrincat, Keith, and Dach were all quite bad last night.

I know goaltending has been our strongest facet this year, but Lehner sure hasn't played well when we needed him most his past two or so games; and Crow wasn't very good his last game either. Again, not blaming them entirely, but nevertheless.

Zack Smith: I still don't see what this guy brings to the table. I was for trading AA, but in this instance, the savings were extremely minimal and the length of both contracts is the same -- so what the hell was the point, really? Smith was supposed to be an upgrade in terms of face-offs and penalty-killing, but really, he doesn't do either very well. I know Bowman loves acquiring players on the verge of retirement, so maybe that was the true impetus of this move.

Why Strome was benched instead of Debrincat is beyond me.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vancoooooover will be a gut check. The twins are getting their numbers retired. If this does not wake this team up nothing will, well, maybe a pairing of Gilbert and Seeler :smug2:

Lenhar looked disinterested. He has not been the same since he told those reporters he is not bending over for another short money deal. Sure hope there is some plan for next year.
This makes no sense...if Lehner is not looking for a sweetheart deal you'd think he'd be looking as good as possible to max out his earning chances. Playing disinterested goes against that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't disagree, but you're also assuming Bowman the Lesser would do what's best for the team going into next year and beyond, as opposed to trying to save his own skin.

I seriously think that if we miss the playoffs he's axed (at least he should be), so it wouldn't surprise me if he still tries to playoff push the the team until they are mathematically eliminated--which may not happen before the TDL.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree, but you're also assuming Bowman the Lesser would do what's best for the team going into next year and beyond, as opposed to trying to save his own skin.

I seriously think that if we miss the playoffs he's axed (at least he should be), so it wouldn't surprise me if he still tries to playoff push the the team until they are mathematically eliminated--which may not happen before the TDL.

I hope to God you're right with the bolded, but I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.

Here's the deal: as long as the Blackhawks are selling out every game, there's really no need to fire the GM, from an organizational standpoint. I bet Bowman is simply following orders, and that it's the org. that wants this "rebuild on the fly" strategy. As long as tickets are being sold, they don't really care.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I personally don't think he has that much hand. He'll do what he's told to do and if not...he's gone sooner than later. I mean he's gotta be at the edge of the plank right now...just the fact that after 10+ years, there's only one defenseman he drafted on this team. This isn't Reinsdorf or Dollar Bill feeling loyalty to their people anymore.....it's a success oriented business.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope to God you're right with the bolded, but I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.

Here's the deal: as long as the Blackhawks are selling out every game, there's really no need to fire the GM, from an organizational standpoint. I bet Bowman is simply following orders, and that it's the org. that wants this "rebuild on the fly" strategy. As long as tickets are being sold, they don't really care.
I have to say I'm surprised they are still selling out. I know there is the whole corporate angle, but the sounds from some fans with STs and the reseller market, you'd think they'd be scrambling.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh great...we got a powerplay.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still stand by, "good teams win in spite of the tedious interference of the refs", but I swear a few of the zebras need to be Lysiak'ed.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, at least the Hawks don't have the lead to blow....yet.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't say I'm happy with the way Maata noped outta there on the PK as if Regis "Pierre" McGuire was chasing him with a corndog.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Loss: Caligula

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pass 1st mentality is bad. Pass 1st when you can't hit the broadside of Rosie O'Donnel is worse.

Saad...what in the name of Zeus' BUTTHOLE were you thinking!?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
49 shots and not one of them could get past Markstrom.