Recent content by bearlythere

1. bearlythere

Arden Key Off Field Issues?

That quote from the scouting director is hilarious. Players have every right to get a second opinion; the idea that an NFL team doctor puts the players longterm health in a preferred position to the demands of his employer is laughable.
  2. bearlythere

Urlacher: Hall of Fame UPDATES

Probably Briggs.
  3. bearlythere

What would you trade for Martavis Bryant?

Somebody should tell Pace that, then.
  4. bearlythere

What would you trade for Martavis Bryant?

Given the lack of #1 receiving talent available in free agency this year - Allen Robinson will likely be franchise-tagged and I'm dubious on Sammy Watkins ability to be consistent - what is your interest level in trading for Martavis Bryant? The emergence of JuJu Smith-Schuster this year has...
  5. bearlythere

2018 just as whinny as 2017?

If you support this team "no matter what", then you are a pretty stupid consumer.
  6. bearlythere

Mitchell Trubisky Will Have Voice in Coaching Search

I do the same, too, but for peer-level positions. The president of the company isn't asking me to help hire my direct-report. This is asinine and amateurish, so par for the course for this team.
  7. bearlythere

Checking in with the FA WRs

He's already playing with a budding star and by all accounts was not exactly happy in Chicago.
  8. bearlythere

Checking in with the FA WRs

I think you're doing a disservice by not considering Tyrell Williams from the Chargers. Granted, he's an RFA, but with the logjam at receiver in Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, I imagine Tyrell will be the odd man out in LA. He's young (25), has good size (6'4", 205), and showed last year that...
  9. bearlythere

Quarter Season Mock Offseason

I'm fine with your coaching hires/changes, but I absolutely hate that mock free agency period. I appreciate Pace's "bargain big shopping" sensibilities, but only if it is mixed in with one or two big ticket buys at positions of extreme need, as WR clearly is. If we intend on shying away from...
  10. bearlythere

Trubisky expected to named the starter

Not to be flippant, but I don't think teams spend a whole lot of time exactly "game-planning" for Glennon as it is.
  11. bearlythere

Fixing the WR Position

I want no part of Cam Meredith as my defacto #1. We definitely double dip for starters this offseason - one via FA and one from the draft. Martavis Bryant screams "Pace Free Agent Signing" to me. Outside of the off the field concerns (which he at the moment appears to have cleaned up), he...
  12. bearlythere

Ota 1

He's also a pseudo-Chicago native, as his parents currently live at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
  13. bearlythere

Why Does Kyle Long Get A Free Pass?

HIV is infectious, too. His meatball-ness is borderline palatable when he is on the field and producing; when he can't shut up from the bench or IR is when it becomes rather annoying.
  14. bearlythere

Ota 1

"Kevin can only play in 100% perfect conditions, due to being made of papier mache." Dude is a bust.