Recent content by BigTom

1. At the end of the season, the Bears won a few meaningless games that were ultimately of no use

The one game I agree that was a useless win was the second Vikings game. The Bears didn't deserve to win that one, Josh Dobbs and the Vikings were just worse. Bears didn't do anything on offense all game but kick field goals. Didn't do anything to improve Fields stock. That one would have moved...
  2. CW got his NFL nickname already.

This is karma for all the years Bears fans made fun of "Erin" Rodgers.
  3. NFL teams vote for XFL style kickoffs

That was my first thought seeing this too. Theres no depth to the kicking team. All Hester would need is one hole and he'd be gone.
  4. Question...Fields gone, are we 100% on Williams

CW just makes sense. But hopefully Poles is doing his due diligence on Maye and the others. My fear with Bears history and bad luck is CW becomes Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray and Maye ends up like Josh Allen or Herbert. I'd feel closer to 100% about CW if he was a few inches taller.
  5. Caleb Williams = Justin Fields 2.0

You say this about CW then go on to say they should draft Daniels. Daniels is the one closest to resembling Fields. He's going to have the same problems Fields has in the NFL.
  6. Should the Bears tag and Trade JJ?

He's earned a nice payday. I just worry with his injury history going back to college he's going to be a guy that falls off really quickly. He's not built lean and athletic like a Charles Tillman type. He's the type thats going to show up to camp one year a little overweight and his speeds going...
  7. What's with the bias?

This just isn't true. During Fields 3 years other qbs to start for the Bears are 6-7. Just this year the backup went 2-2. The other qbs win at a higher rate than Fields on the same team.
  8. TJ Edwards V. Roquan Smith

Bears didn't miss Roquan. Both Edwards and Edmunds had more impact plays than Roquan. Same old Roquan stat padding tackles while not making any game changing plays.
  9. FLUS IS BACK!!

Typical Bears. Always content to be mediocre, never striving to be great. Sticking with Eberflus because there was supposedly so much growth. Keep hearing how he more than doubled his wins. Those wins are not very impressive when you start to look at who they beat. The biggest difference in the...
  10. Contrary to Popular Opinion, Getsy Actually Calls Slants

Well there was that whole issue early in the season where Fields complained the coaches were coaching him too much and he didn't feel natural. It's possible Fields just refuses to take the coaching and change his slow dropback, slow throwing motion, and slow processing.
  11. Bag boy bag boy

I bet he could. I hear his dad is a multi time arm wrestling champion and my dad rides around on a rascal scooter.
  12. Bag boy bag boy

I agree. Having a backup QB that can go 2-2 on a team that is otherwise 4-7 in the other games is quite valuable. Thank you for your service Mr Bagent.
  13. D.J. Moore takes ‘shots’ at offensive gameplan (FTO)

It's weird how the oline is so bad when Fields is the qb and they play so much better with the back up qb in. It's almost like Fields makes them look way worse than they are. Looking on pro football reference for the stats it hasn't been updated to include the Browns game yet. But Fields is...
  14. 7 NFL GMs on Fields potential trade value

Trading Fields and drafting Williams makes sense. I just wish Williams looked more like the generational prospect he's been made out to be the last 2 years. But red flags with his personality, not playing well against better defenses, and not being prototypical size make it a harder decision...
  15. 4th & 13

If that call was the other way and the Bears opponent got away with it there'd be a thread with 100 posts already picking it apart. Nobody wants to see bad officiating changing games. Intentional grounding shouldn't be a judgment call. It shouldn't be what the refs opinion on what he thinks the...