Recent content by Castor76

1. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

You're the one slobbing over a one tool player. Schwarber literally only hits for power. It is nice that you learned the concept of math, better late than never. Speaking of never, never once did you actually refute any statement I made. I said Schwarber is barely playable, you jerked it to his...
  2. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

I aware the NL has a DH. I pointed it out when I said his team doesn't let him play the field unless they have to play him in the field. You can't score a point using information I gave you. Since Schwarber is getting about 20M, me saying Wisdom should then get 15M, using yours and Philly's...
  3. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

He's one dimensional to the point his team won't play him in the field unless they absolutely have to. I already covered that his bat is good to great but his defense is so bad it takes away half of that value unless you only let him hit. I was clear on that, you just refused to acknowledge it...
  4. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

You said you want Mervis to have the same success as Schwarber. That's what Schwaber has become, a barely playable guy who is a bat only and a severe hinderance to his team should he be put in the field. "Wut" part of that was too much for you to understand?
  5. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

You want Mervis to become a barely playable guy who only has value as a bat that's kept off the field because he's so bad he'll cost you half the games his bat would win for you? What did he ever do to you?
  6. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

My main thing with the trade is Morel and Mervis become very redundant on the 24 team if Bellinger and Chapman are signed. While trading Wisdom makes Morel more valuable as the RH power bench bat, I was looking for a trade that would bring back more value to the Cubs. With the potential signings...
  7. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

I know it wouldn't be a popular idea, but I'd like to see the Cubs go big enough to lock up as favorites for the Central in 24 and still be flexible in spots for the top prospects to come up in a year or two. Offer Bellinger 12Y264M. I can feel you eyes rolling already. Set the pay outs at...
  8. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

I can see the Cubs doing anything from signing Bellinger and Chapman and then trading for Cease or Luzardo to stack the team up with as many more known entities as possible or going into the season as is and letting the young guys sink or swim before taking what would be the then roughly 80M...
  9. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

Just as a representation of this, Mervis was tied for 2nd in DWAR according to ESPN for 1B.
  10. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

So you're telling us that from your armpit to the tip of your fingers is somewhere between 42-48 inches, allowing for 10-16 inches for neck and head? For that to be probable, you'd have to be one of the tallest people in the world ever, like 8 feet tall. Realistically, if a throw is more than...
  11. Chicago Cubs 2023-24 OFFSEASON thread

I think the best case scenario for Bellinger and the Cubs is a potential long term deal that has many opt outs for both sides. Essential is the deal is 12Y288M for a 24M AAV. Bellinger gets opt outs after years 1, 4, and 7. While the Cubs get buy outs for 10M extra at years 2, 5, and 8. Set the...
  12. Possible trade ideas, since we have nothing else to talk about now

Just kicking around a few ideas for trades that could possible happen before the season starts. Trade 1) Cubs send Patrick Wisdom to Boston for Kenley Jansen and Yordanny Monegro. Boston is looking for a right handed power bat and looking to unload Jansen. Cubs have been looking for a pen arm...
  13. Rhys hoskins

Fair enough. I just think it's a bit of an over reaction when Hoskins was a back up plan at the most. Cubs have plenty of viable options at the same level and it's not as if things get desperate the Cubs could give Belt a 1 year deal.
  14. Rhys hoskins

Yes, we should bemoan not getting a guy who is known only really for power hitting and not much more who hits from the right side of the plate even though they have at least 3 players, 2 of which are lefties that the line up needs, who can provide the same results for from anywhere of 1/5 to...
  15. Sammy Sosa Doesnt Make Cubs Hall of Fame

My opinion on the baseball HoF and a Cubs HoF is that they are supposed to be history museums of the sport and franchise. Part of the history is even the warts. Tell the whole story. Trying to pretend some things didn't happen doesn't work or help.