Recent content by CubsFaninMN

1. CubsFaninMN

IST: Cubs at Pirates

At this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this overpaid bunch of morons doesn't manage to score another freaking run until 2021. Maybe. I don't know why they are making every single freaking pitcher they face, including the ones my dead mother could get a hit off of, look like freaking...
  2. CubsFaninMN

Out of Market Stream?

Thanks. Every NFL website stopped updating the Bears game with 2:02 left in the first quarter. Not as bad as other games, the Baltimore-Cleveland game stopped updating four plays into the game. But still, makes me wanna find the NFL webmaster in a dark alley.
  3. CubsFaninMN

***2020 NFL Draft Day 2 IGT***

It's always been my observation that more undrafted free agents actually play in the NFL than 6th and 7th round draft picks. Certainly they are similarly successful. I think it's because, by the time you've skimmed the best 100 or so people off the top, the rest are pretty much at the same...
  4. CubsFaninMN

Expect to win a lot of 3-0 games, are you? You could have Gale Sayers and Walter Payton in the backfield, Jerry Rice as your WR1 and Ditka as your TE, and unless this O-line plays substantially better than last year, they won't score any more, gain any more yards, or do *any* better than last...
  5. CubsFaninMN

Tomorrow, after the draft is over. They're a hell of a lot more likely to find a decent player amongst the undrafted free agents than in any of these picks at 200 and above. -Doug
  6. CubsFaninMN

Exactly. But this is at best a 6-10 team if the O-line doesn't substantially improve. You can get a decent quality TE in the 5th round. There will be squat for quality offensive linemen left by then. Pace had damn well better be trying his best to trade into the 3rd round to address the...
  7. CubsFaninMN

At least Pace didn't draft two edge rushers who will end up on the practice squad. But with as deep a tight end draft as this is, and with as bad of an O-line as we've had, it's just criminal to add literally a tenth TE onto the roster with the first draft pick you have. And to be playing...
  8. CubsFaninMN

I swear, having five picks left but all in the 5th round or later is like having no picks left. We'll be as likely to find a superstar amongst our college undrafted free agent signings as we will in any of these remaining picks. And since, by ignoring the O-line, which has in no way been...
  9. CubsFaninMN

Cubs 2016 World Series on MLB Network

Most of the Cubs' 2016 post-season games are available on YouTube. Full games in HD. I dunno about y'all, but second only to game 7 of the '16 World Series was Game 5 at Wrigley, with the Montero grand slam. Many of their camera positions suddenly became useless, because the stadium was...
  10. CubsFaninMN

Cubs over/under predictions?

Maybe we need to start looking not at an over/under on number of wins, but on win percentage. Because 85 wins means a way different thing in a 120-game season than in a 162-game season... sigh... -New Doug
  11. CubsFaninMN

After NBA suspends their season, what odds MLB starts on time?

I was lucky, went on a Costco run about a month ago, so I am stocked up on paper products for quite a while. I'm glad to see that toilet paper and hand sanitizer seem to be the only things that have sold out to where it's hard to find any. I can still buy bread and milk at my close-by...
  12. CubsFaninMN

I always assume ignorance. Because, as the saying goes, ye can fix ignorant, but ye canna fix stupid... ;) -New Doug
  13. CubsFaninMN

Yep. Thought this would happen. -New Doug
  14. CubsFaninMN

It's only a couple of weeks until the start of the season. The NBA has suspended their season over coronavirus concerns. Anyone want to give me odds that MLB starts on time? -New Doug
  15. CubsFaninMN

Over -- 89 to 93 and NL Central title. Not saying anything beyond October 1, though. -New Doug