Recent content by JP Hochbaum

1. Just like that, 2024 Season Starting Tomorrow..

I like the 88 wins mark. Some key players we need to step up: Morel and Busch holding down the corners and not striking out over 30% of the time. I expect a Steele regression but not a horrible one. Need Suzuki to be the best bat on this team.
  2. Snell to the Giants

They aren't doing another big signing this year until the trade deadline. This isn't the year to go over the luxury tax, and this move would put them in that territory.
  3. Williams Vs Daniels?

They are taking Caleb. If Poles was interesting in drafting Daniels, it would made a ton more sense to keep Fields then. Daniels will need to sit for a bit before starting. Caleb can start day one. POles trading Fields tells us he is all in on Caleb.
  4. 40 days….

He is actually a prototypical pocket passer, unfortunately those plays don't make the highlight reels.
  5. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

Damn. You're right, reading now it is at 12 million in cap space, lol. I guess our free agency period is over then.
  6. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

Well at least I made one good decision tonight.
  7. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

If he was trade he would cost us $30 million this year, minus Jusins 6, we would still be 10 million under. THe Giants, by the rules, have to eat some of his contract.
  8. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

To me it is dependent on the return. IT would be stupid to do this for bad value. But in a situation where we get Nabers, it means we don't need to keep Allen next year and then we get his comp pick. Plus we get any picks that would make this trade worthwhile. But to me the value back would...
  9. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

Yeah it would have to be the right amount of picks back. I think both teams could win if the BEars got the right amount of picks back.
  10. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

Ok lots of people replying, but we wouldn't do this unless we get to move up to 1.06 and get another good amount of picks that made it worth it. Also his dead cap space after this year, when we cut him, would be at 20 million in 25 and 10 million in 26, during the Caleb window. THen we are...
  11. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

The Bears can send Fields, and 1.09 to the Giants for Jones, the 1.6 and some other picks. THe Giants can't be relying on Drew Lock and a QB to fall to 6. They may be better off getting off of Jones contract, having Fields, and see what they can get at 9. The Bears can handle the Jones contract...
  12. Kris Bryant to the Rockies - 7 years $182M

Counsell doesn't seem to be worried and prefers Morel get his errors and bad throws out of the way now before the regular season starts. He is highly athletic and just needs time to get adjusted.
  13. Kris Bryant to the Rockies - 7 years $182M

Yeah but this has nothing to do with Bryant.
  14. Kris Bryant to the Rockies - 7 years $182M

Why we talking about KB? If you hear him speak in interview it seems like he lost interest in playing baseball.