Recent content by JP Hochbaum

1. J

Nagy wants Trubisky to be 'obsessed' with film

I'd like to see the source on these numbers so I can share with others.
  2. J

Deep Ball Project data

I don't pretend I could read the future. I handle situations as they develop. If the facts change on Mitch as time goes on so will my interpretation of him.
  3. J

Deep Ball Project data

Translated: "you won't accept facts because they hurt your feelings. "
  4. J

Deep Ball Project data

This will show people how much Mitch is judged in Chicago based on who was drafted his year and not at an objective level based on his actual accuracy numbers.
  5. J

Mitch Trubisky fans may want to look away

WHen it comes to Mitch it is obvious the team is working to make him better. The off season coaching changes show this. Mitch's issues primarily come from reading defenses pre-snap and post-snap. I think what happened is that NAgy and company were far too concerned with getting Mitch to...
  6. J

Bryant loses grievance

I am not referring to opinion pieces, but actual words from KB's mouth.
  7. J

Bryant loses grievance

There is zero evidence that Bryant is gone or that he is upset with the Cubs. In fact, just after the hearing, he said no hard feelings.
  8. J

Bryant loses grievance

"To close with a general idea: home/road splits tell you a lot about what’s happened. But wRC+ tells you more about what’s going to happen. Sometimes a player really might be a product of his environment, but those cases are less frequent than one can be led to believe."...
  9. J

Bryant loses grievance

Looks like I am the first to say this, but hell no to a Bryant/Arenado swap. Arenado screams of a player that benefits greatly from Coors. His away WRC+ is at 109, where Bryant is at 133+. This would be a major blunder by Theo and I hope to god he is looking at those home/away splits. We...
  10. J

Offseason Stuff

@beckdawg I am thinking the Cubs are collecting all the BP arms to see which ones have a good first half. If the Cubs are in contention they will stay pat with the arms, but if a few play great and the team is out of it, it means great trade bait to retool.
  11. J

2019-20 MLB Hot Stove thread

Gotta love conspiracy theories.
  12. J

Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

Yeah considering Amaya is a catcher and one of the best in the minors it is a bit shocking.
  13. J

Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

Baseball America Rankings: 37. Marquez 40. Hoerner 94. Davis Amaya didn't crack top 100, but I think it is fair to say the system is much better than the last few years. I expect a BeckDawg write up pronto.
  14. J

Question about Chicago

Also don't do Portillo's or Lou Malnattis, they aren't as good as advertised. The best deep dish is Pequods, and POrtillos is just a hot dog joint with decent sandwiches from the suburbs. If the wife loves Japanese food the recommendation of Sunda is seconded. If you like beer over cocktails...
  15. J

Question about Chicago

Go swimming in the river. The toxins will no doubt give you super powers.