Recent content by mattb78

1. mattb78

Byron Murphy is a dark horse target at 9

Billings and Pickens are replacement level players. Dexter flashed but got beat plenty. Agreed that Pickens and Dexter could improve significantly but I still consider it a position of need.
  2. mattb78

JJ vs Caleb 2024

Caleb best pure passer and not even close. Rushing yards for Jayden Daniels will be interesting
  3. mattb78

Bears met with Byron Murphy and Xavier worthy. Trade down from No. 9?

I have mostly seen Murphy mocked in the late 1st round but maybe he is moving up the draft charts to a middle first.
  4. mattb78

Charlie Campbell has the Bears taking Verse at 9

Agreed. The more I look at it Atlanta does seem pretty locked in to take a defensive player. Even if a WR is available their roster looks full. It is such a position of need for us I don't mind us grabbing Verse at all.
  5. mattb78

Charlie Campbell has the Bears taking Verse at 9

I like both Verse and Turner. Both played well against good teams and had consistent college sack production. I think they have high floors. If they don't become special I think they still can be 8 sack a year type players that make your team better. I am good with that selection.
  6. mattb78

If I were Poles.

9 to 7 draft value chart is this years mid 3rd round selection. I have no issue with moving a bit to get a player you like but early in the first those moves cost you.
  7. mattb78

Most recent PFF has us getting Nabers

Nabors and Alt will be gone by 9. I think its Odunze/Verse/Turner. Fashanu is a RT so I don't think they would draft him if available.
  8. mattb78

Most recent PFF has us getting Nabers

As awesome as that would be I can't see Nabers or MHJ falling in our range. I didn't get to see much of Odunze in college but he is the WR that would most likely fall to us. I think they will give Verse a hard look if he is available.
  9. mattb78

Vikings acquire Texans 1st Round Pick

Reeks of desperation. Note to Vikings GM don't tell your QB to take a hike when you have no backup. Ouch. Completely at the mercy of the draft.
  10. mattb78

Meril Hodge takes a hatchet to Drake Maye

Obviously CW is best QB but I like Jayden Daniels 2nd. Tons of risk but tons of upside. Maye #3. I don't think JJ is a 1st rounder
  11. mattb78

Shocking Mahomes Statistic

Good post OP. KC was absolutely loaded on offense in his earlier years and know not so much. Less explosive. Still you would think that number would be higher.
  12. mattb78

REPORT: Justin Fields is no longer worth a 2nd round pick

Agreed in part. I think an unfamiliar system and playcaller would be more difficult on Fields opposed to having continuity.
  13. mattb78

Would be a very smart move for the Raiders to get Fields on the cheap. Gives them a ton of draft flexibility and they don't get pressured to take a QB. Satisfies the fan base a little as well.
  14. mattb78

Exactly who I was thinking of. I remember the Bears drafting him and I was like WTF a LB from AZ. And then he balled out in training camp. Still plenty of gems well into the third round.
  15. mattb78

Teams have reviewed the film and his trade value is falling. Plus they know Bears will draft Williams.