Recent content by Neckbeard

1. Neckbeard

Officail Caleb Williams Pro Day IGT(FTO)

The story came from a teammate, so unless it’s some wider net of marketing, I’m going to take the story as told.
  2. Neckbeard

Officail Caleb Williams Pro Day IGT(FTO)

I do have to say, the more I read about his personality, the more I like him. Seems like a really good dude and I don’t think the mental/phycological transition to the NFL will be an issue. He’s going to be a good teammate.
  3. Neckbeard

state your position now

I don't see why not. Not crazy record, but 9-8, 10-7. The 2023 team was close as it was.
  4. Neckbeard

2024 NFL Draft discussion

This is what I think. If at 9 one of your top guys on your board is there, then take him. If not, or it's not worth the #9 pick, then trade down and still get your guy.
  5. Neckbeard

Call it now: Hard Knocks for the Bears?

If the NFL can, they will strong-arm the Bears into doing Hard Knocks. McCaskey's still have a ton of pull with the league though so I can see them squirming out of it again.
  6. Neckbeard

Now... What about pick #75

Possibly a short trade down in there somewhere if who they have left on their board doesn't necessitate that particular spot in the draft.
  7. Neckbeard

Be prepared for the Caleb should force a trade narrative.

Ah Trestman, yep. Was Marshall dealt just prior to that year? Other 3 were there though. Some of that was Josh McCown playing otherworldly (for him). Best stretch of his entire career.
  8. Neckbeard

If the reporting is true around why the Bears went w/Steelers for a 6th... that should go a long way with the players. It shows how much the front office/team/ownership respected and liked Fields. I'm sure it was an emotionally tough decision.
  9. Neckbeard

haha right. Well, with a 4th place schedule there could be a few of those. vs good teams though... but even beating up on bad/average teams will net 10 wins.
  10. Neckbeard

Comes down to the QB.. lol. Last time the offense looked like this was Cutler/Marshall/Jeffrey/Forte, but Cutler DGAF.
  11. Neckbeard

eh, as long as Waldron is any good, that's the biggest thing for CW. The team seems to appreciate how Eberflus handles the locker room. You hope over time his in-game decisions become better with experience.
  12. Neckbeard

Williams, the Media, and expectations

I've said it in another thread, but he will have awesome games and a few clunkers as he learns I'm sure. 3500+ passing yards (plus some scrambling, maybe 200? - he won't do it as often but he's still effective at it) 25+ TDs I'm hoping the TOs get cut down as the year goes on. I can see a...
  13. Neckbeard

Bears still sitting at 30.9m in cap space

They can do a small deal or two but that’s it with a little in season buffer and rookie deals.