Recent content by nvanprooyen

1. nvanprooyen

Cutting the cord

Also if it's locally broadcasted. So here that's the Bucs, Jags, Dolphins, etc. Or if it's an afternoon game where the Bears are getting a good chunk of the national coverage. I think I had to pirate like 6-7 games total. Not a big deal, but still kinda annoying when you're forking out like $400.
  2. nvanprooyen

Cutting the cord

I bought the ticket this year and I still had to pirate a bunch of games even though I was "legit" (locally broadcast, prime time games, etc). Kind of pissed me off. Although it was nice for RedZone/fantasy football.
  3. nvanprooyen

Poles on trading Fields and evaluating Caleb

It's kind of funny. I had to explain it to my 15 year old daughter, who also was not happy about it. Her comment was "Dad. I don't understand. Fields was the only thing that made the Bears worth watching the past few years".
  4. nvanprooyen

Something to Keep in Mind with Rooke QB Starting..

Ya'll got any tiki torches?
  5. nvanprooyen

Something to Keep in Mind with Rooke QB Starting..

I've already ordered a container of pitchforks from Ali Baba.
  6. nvanprooyen

Cutting the cord

I haven't had "real" TV service for probably a decade. Right now, my internet is 1 gig fiber via AT&T. But I work from home, and so does my wife, so sometimes there could be multiple video calls going + my teenage daughter streaming/gaming. No issues. You could probably get away with less...
  7. nvanprooyen

What a Time to be a Bears Fan! . . .

Despite my Fields butt hurt, I'm pretty stoked about the potential.
  8. nvanprooyen

Which Nunchaku would you prefer to have children beat the shit out of you with (mjy related)

Just finally got the fence fixed. Thank you for opening it vs bashing it down.
  9. nvanprooyen

Byron Murphy is a dark horse target at 9

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we went DL, but MAN I would love to see WR at 9 if one of them falls. DJ, Allen, Nabers/Odunze, Kmet, Everett, Swift...that would be one hell of a group. If CW is even close to being as good as projected it could be a very fun ride. Especially if the D doesn't take a...
  10. nvanprooyen

Football stupid team

Name a better one the #1 overall has gone to. Lucks situation was pretty good. Normally the #1 pick goes to a terrible team. This roster is FAR from that. DJ, Allen, Kmet, Everett, Swift, Herbert, Roschon. And who knows who else in FA and with the 9th. And a really good D. My only concern is...
  11. nvanprooyen

Football stupid team

By a "pretty good job" do you mean the best situation a #1 overall pick has walked into in basically forever? Because that's what it is. Dude is a rookie. I get it. I'm not an idiot without perspective. But for me they better fucking make the playoffs. And if not, by year 2 making a deep push...
  12. nvanprooyen

At pick 9

This might be the best comment you've ever made here
  13. nvanprooyen

Football stupid team

Look man. I'm not happy about it either. But it's time to move on. I hope for the best for Fields and the rest of his career. Also, let's not play the "shoulda coulda woulda" game the next few seasons. It's literally impossible to predict what picks could have been garnered on a trade down, and...
  14. nvanprooyen

state your position now

I'm not giving a yes or no answer to that.
  15. nvanprooyen

Call it now: Hard Knocks for the Bears?

Also, AT&T you get it for free