Recent content by r1terrell23

1. r1terrell23

FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

The options at WR in FA aren't great. So I'm still not sure if we try to draft one with our second pick or take a pass rusher.
  2. r1terrell23

NFL Combine News (Feb 25 - Mar 4)

Wasn't he the guy that was selling Caleb on playing in Chicago?
  3. r1terrell23

Bears would trade out of 1st for historic haul

They probably said it because they can't come out and say they are drafting Caleb. They want to shut the media up with all of thos Commanders will get Caleb and Caleb doesn't want Chicago nonsense.
  4. r1terrell23

Poles will pull off the double trade down this year.

Adding a rookie that looks promising buys him more time though. We beat bad teams and QB's this year, there is no guarantee we win 8 games next year with Fields. The difference is, Poles can say give Caleb another year to grow while adding to the roster.
  5. r1terrell23

Poles will pull off the double trade down this year.

Except if we suck next year, there is a chance he is fired. So those trade downs and extra firsts does him no good. The smart play for him will always be to draft Caleb and pray he reaches that potential.
  6. r1terrell23

Multiple Firsts from Washington??

Too many reports came out of the Senior Bowl that we are drafting Caleb. All of this is just noise because of Kliff possibly going to Washington. And Caleb is loyal to Lincoln Riley, not a coach he had for one season.
  7. r1terrell23

Multiple Firsts from Washington??

Yeah, so those two teams can have star QB's while we continue to flame out at the position.
  8. r1terrell23

Cowherd - Caleb doesn't want to come here

After week 6 his options were likely Bears, Pats, Giants, and Cardinals. And of course maybe wanting to play for the Commanders. All of those situations looked like dumpster fires then. The Bears definitely improved their rep by playing out of the top 5.
  9. r1terrell23

Cowherd - Caleb doesn't want to come here

I'm sure the Bears, a major sports team worth billions, have been monitoring Caleb since Carolina started 0-6. I'm sure through back channels they have some idea of where they stand with him and vice versa. They didn't just start thinking about the QB situation after the Packers game week 18. So...
  10. r1terrell23

Denver wants the 1st overall

I'd rather just draft the elite QB prospect and hope we finally figured the position out. I'm tired of maxing out as the 2001 and 2018 Bears and having no shot to consistently win.
  11. r1terrell23

Glynn Morgan: Bears should pass on Caleb Williams, trade for decades of draft picks

Each of these QB's would also be the best QB in Bears history. GB nearly beat the Niners with a QB who would have had the best season in Bears history.
  12. r1terrell23

Big Bill out in New England. (Mayo in)

His entire legacy is Tom Brady. Brady left and won a title and lost in the NFCCG. Bill did nothing before or after Tom.
  13. r1terrell23

Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo destroying narratives regarding Justin fields

How is Justin playing like a top 10 QB? Atlanta was a very good game. Arizona was meh. Cleveland was bad and so was Minnesota. He made a huge leap from terrible to below average. That's good for him, but people are flat out lying about how he has played. I'm not sure why there is this mission to...
  14. r1terrell23

OT: Rare Unicorn declares for draft. A White CB

He will fit in nicely as a slot WR for the Rams or Patriots.
  15. r1terrell23

Laurence Holmes Challenges Caleb bros - What are they thinking?

The problem with his way of thinking is that Fields isn't on par with any of those QB's. You can win a lot with a competent roster, but your QB still needs to be able to make plays consistently. Not to mention Stafford and Burrow just faced off in a SB as top picks. Top 10 pick Mahommes beat...