Recent content by Raskolnikov

1. Raskolnikov

B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

More importantly, it gives them pole position in terms of # of teams that can jump them. Picking top 4 is the important thing in this draft, as opposed to the canyon between 1 and 4 in 2023. Fantilli and the Wild defenseman rookie and Michkov have been pretty damn good though. I was under the...
  2. Raskolnikov

Bears met with Byron Murphy and Xavier worthy. Trade down from No. 9?

I think they want to know the value if Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are all gone, but I'm with you on just pivoting to Alt as a lineman who will be a good guard if he fails at tackle. Obviously pick quantity would tempt them if it's a close decision.
  3. Raskolnikov

Football stupid team

Why are we a football stupid, NFL rules stupid, morally stupid, meatball fan stupid, perpetually coach stupid team? (Adversely and in defense of the players, other than a few known dummies strong locker rooms took on in confidence to shelter, we have smart players and a string of GMs who valued...
  4. Raskolnikov

Illini BB

Dainja and Rogers are ready to support Hawkins. Team help getting better. Gotta make shots.
  5. Raskolnikov

Illini BB

Underwood finally has an offense. Basically, he got lucky with Hawkins/Shannon who were always borderline one and dones coming out of high school, for whatever reason they kept getting late first or second round NBA evaluations. Then you finally solved outside shooting that can defend...
  6. Raskolnikov

Vikings acquire Texans 1st Round Pick

They could also have needed a better first for Fields, but cheaper than #11. Id be as scared to put Fields on Vikings as I am of not drafting Caleb Williams. I want to make Fields/Williams work together.
  7. Raskolnikov

Justin Fields is coming back

Poles.."we think there is a franchise QB on the board at #1 and it's the most value we can add to the squad, but Justin Fields is our guy, the guys are behind him, and we want to see how good we can be with Justin Fields. The crazy thing is with QBs these days you need two for a season anyway...
  8. Raskolnikov

Justin Fields is coming back

Do we have some kind of certainty that we found a franchise QB? Why are QBs so touchy that they can't compete against another good one? Fill the QB room with good prospects? Why is this not a thing? It should be considered if you don't feel you are getting fair compensation for Fields but...
  9. Raskolnikov

As for the rebuild we got lucky, compared to like the Kings who need a Bedard and an elite goalie to complete their rebuild that is doomed to stutter. We might be a worse hockey team at both AHL and NHL levels than the last 2-3 years, but the quality depth has been recycled to be much younger...
  10. Raskolnikov

I am sure this has been seen, I ran the dialogue through Google translate for "English" from "maniacally obsessed autistic spectrum teen," And I thought the mistake was very telling in one of the probably unique ways that Bedard mentally processed hockey in real time(forgive the psychologist...
  11. Raskolnikov

Trade Down with NE vs Drafting Caleb Williams

He's 6' tall. My Caleb Williams comparison is Drew Brees without the leadership and commitment. I think that leads to a "cool cat" team like the Cowboys. You might hit a flash in the pan with that but probably not.
  12. Raskolnikov

Nobody wants to defend a hard fighting team that keeps every game close without their top 5 FWDs coming into the year? (Hall, Perry, Bedard, Big Johnson, Foligno) Interestingly, the 6th man isn't standing either, he just busted out(Reichel) of our plans. We started as one of the worst teams in...
  13. Raskolnikov

What do the Bears do when the script gives them the #1 pick next season?

Psssh. He chose wrong. Don't water it down. Sometimes you got to say fuck it...
  14. Raskolnikov

Is Bedard exceeding exceptions?

I've never seen this compete level in a physically out matched 18er (see Marchand pinning against boards to realize he doesn't have man strength yet). Some man childs have had it, like Haaland in soccer, was an imposing dominant 18er. But the will to win is Jordan/Gretsky level. The skills are...
  15. Raskolnikov

It’s Time To Trade Justin Fields And Begin The Tank

If you can't get a big Qb return for him might as well turn him into a 3rd down trick play scat back. Probably one of the few QBs that could play another position. Not that he would do it with the Bears as his scapegoat. And being a back-up QB pays better than being a hall of fame running back...