Recent content by Wakacha

1. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

Not officially, but when the Bears hired Fox, he sure as hell already knew what type of defense he was going to run. He was likely in talks with Fangio from the start.
  2. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

I don't think Fangio will play a huge role in personnel decisions. Pace and Fox will make the changes, and Fangio will work with what they give him. Obviuosly, he'll have some input, but Fangio's just going to make sure that the best 11 players are on the field, regardless of where they were...
  3. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

Fox said it at his press conference - the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4 is minimal because either way, they will run a 1-gap defense, so players will be asked to do the same things regardless of how many linemen and linebackers are on the field. Fangio himself said that he likes to call his...
  4. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

They actually ran a handful plays with a 1-4-6 dime this year, but never 5 LBs, unfortunately
  5. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

It was almost exclusively a 2-4-5 in nickel this year, but he'll occasionally have one of the linebackers put a hand down right before the snap and rush from the 7 or 9 tech spots, making an nontraditional 3-3-5. But I don't they ran a nickel snap with 3 pure DL in 2014. They may have done it...
  6. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

I'm expecting a 1-gapping 3-4 base with multiple fronts. So many downs will be in nickel, though, that we probably won't see 4 down linemen on the field at the same time very much. With versatile rushers like Houston, Washington, Bass, McClellin, and maybe the #7 pick, I imagine we'll see a lot...
  7. Vic Fangio's defense, from a 49ers perspective

I got a chance to do a podcast with Oscar Aparicio, from the Better Rivals podcast on NinersNation, to talk about Vic Fangio's defense in San Francisco. He clears up a lot of the confusion about the type of 3-4 the Bears could run, as well as breaking down the pattern-match, 2-read zone scheme...
  8. Poll: If Trestman goes, do you keep Kromer?

Joe Vitt, anyone?
  9. Poll: If Trestman goes, do you keep Kromer?

Assuming Trestman is fired, should the Bears keep Kromer and let him try to run the offense on his own without Trestman controlling everything? This would give Cutler some continuity so he wouldn't have to learn a new system. Or should they clean house bring in a whole new coaching staff to...
  10. Pro Football Focus "Secret Superstar" for the Bears 2014 is......

Why is this such a surprise to everyone? I whole-heartedly agree with Kekua Zombie. This shouldn't be a huge surprise. de la Puente has a pretty good chance to start this season, and he was PFF's 2nd highest rated Center in 2012, so I mean, it's no surprise they picked him. I'm a big fan and...
  11. Future Linebacking Core

If anything, shouldn't it probably be Greene at WLB? We should give the dude some credit. The way I see it, it's Green at WLB, with Bostic at either MLB or SLB, and then either Jones or McClellin at the other.
  12. Official ChiCitySports Collaborative Mock Draft (Rounds 1 & 2) Selection Thread!

Sorry boys. Late morning. Texans take Clowney
  13. Who do you secretly want?

Charles Sims plz
  14. ChiCitySports Collaborative 1st Round Mock Draft (Sign Up Thread)

Troll the world (I'm not going to do that) Since I have the first pick, can I declare it now?