***OFFICIAL*** IGT Preseason Week Two: Bears @ Giants (Monty Burns Edition)

Who wins

• Bears

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Giants

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Elliott Fry

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Matt Nagy's Full Monty

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I took no positives from the guys who played today, other than what I already knew we had in Wims. Nall played decent also. Duke shelly was in the right spots, but needs to be better at tackling. Other than that I can't think of anyone else that stood out...in a positive way. Plenty of meh and below meh guys out there..

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I remember when the Bears sucked so bad they needed to win preseason games to generate some fan interest and sell some tickets. I also remember when the Bears were so good they didn't give a fuck about preseason games.

What I don't remember is a Bears coach keeping his starters out of the game this much. I complained about it last season, I wanted Mitch to get more reps, it worked out last season, so Nagy gets the benefit of the doubt this season.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Mizell sealed his fate as one of the first ones to be cut after tonight. He was a longshot from the get go but this performance made it an easy call.

I don't remember a play by Mizzell where you watch him and you think, holy crap we've got something here, I think he may have caught a nice TD last year but he can't do much as a RB.....at least Whyte has a little juice running the ball. I can't believe i'm saying this but we already have 2 elusive pass catching guys and Davis who's got some shake...why not keep Nall who can catch but is more of a power banger....I suppose they have to keep an eye on ST though, you've got marvin hall, whyte, mizzell seemingly trying to latch on via ST....who's going to fill the bellamy role? I think they want it to be Hall but after tonights spaz routine ......

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember when the Bears sucked so bad they needed to win preseason games to generate some fan interest and sell some tickets. I also remember when the Bears were so good they didn't give a fuck about preseason games.

What I don't remember is a Bears coach keeping his starters out of the game this much. I complained about it last season, I wanted Mitch to get more reps, it worked out last season, so Nagy gets the benefit of the doubt this season.

nfl preseason is dead. at least for established teams.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
nfl preseason is dead. at least for established teams.

NFL preseason kills MLB, there are no other sports options this time of year. Try again angry guy that is wrong about everything.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
I took no positives from the guys who played today, other than what I already knew we had in Wims. Nall played decent also. Duke shelly was in the right spots, but needs to be better at tackling. Other than that I can't think of anyone else that stood out...in a positive way. Plenty of meh and below meh guys out there..
Clifton Duck Stood out. I like him. Hopefully he sticks.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
I don't remember a play by Mizzell where you watch him and you think, holy crap we've got something here, I think he may have caught a nice TD last year but he can't do much as a RB.....at least Whyte has a little juice running the ball. I can't believe i'm saying this but we already have 2 elusive pass catching guys and Davis who's got some shake...why not keep Nall who can catch but is more of a power banger....I suppose they have to keep an eye on ST though, you've got marvin hall, whyte, mizzell seemingly trying to latch on via ST....who's going to fill the bellamy role? I think they want it to be Hall but after tonights spaz routine ......
All the ST guys you mentioned are horrible, especially Mizell. Too many chances for that guy. . Maybe Nick Kwiatkoski on ST if he gets his shit together. Bellamy role? Hopefully no one.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is more statuesque than either of the Manning brothers. When he tries to run away from the defense I swear he shrinks to 4ft tall and loses a leg somehow... before he even takes off!

lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That was obvious..a sleepy junk game with super vanilla plays. Wims and Nagy's Visible Anger kept me awake, this game makes it easier to get over cutting some players. Too bad Adam Glassheen didn't play...would of been even the easiest cut to make. Hell Adam looked like he fit right in this showcase of third stringers' shit game.
Fry is done, you just don't miss a kick after what happened last week with Pineiro's missed kick.
Maybe Fry wants some of that week long negative attention this week. Funny but true, the scales just tipped right back into Pineiro's hands.

Chase is a joke, he's lucky he had Wims to bail his ass out on every drive.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
@HeHateMe BearDuck?....DuckBear? Clifton the Duck?
please give this guy one of your names and run it up the chain of command for emogis.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

It wasn't THAT bad. Here are positives:

Alex Bars is an NFL quality guard
Rashaad Coward bounced back
Ted Larsen is a pleasant surprise
Kerrith Whyte is an NFL RB
Josh Woods looked decent through 2 games, but it is incredibly difficult to evaluate ILBs cuz they are getting a lot of traffic that they wouldn't otherwise see with starters.
DHC is a very pleasant surprise.
RRH is real good.

My concern that isn't really being talked about...Kevin Tolliver, the supposed heir to Amukamara's spot, not much. That worries me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This may have been mentioned but didn't see it on a quick browse. Our ST units all still suck. We badly lost field position on both sending and receiving. They may be backups but guess who mans special teams even when it counts. I hope I'm wrong but after last year, I need to see something positive from our ST coach.

Last edited:

jaymesmith92

Liked Posts:
You think any of this has to do with us playing them in the Regular Season. Giants literally have nothing to go on from this game. Granted I would have liked to have seen a better showing from us, but vanilla was the name of the game. I also think the reverse Nagy ran might have been a little set-up play for the regular season game against the Giants.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh and Coward's elbow ding may be a real issue. Haven't much liked our Ts beyond the starters and that looked like a hyper extension. Lots of grades for that one. Lets hope it's mild.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never thought I'd be the one to say this, but we could really use Josh Bellamy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL preseason kills MLB, there are no other sports options this time of year. Try again angry guy that is wrong about everything.

easy, killer. I didn't mean ratings. I meant coaches and how they use it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@HeHateMe BearDuck?....DuckBear? Clifton the Duck?
please give this guy one of your names and run it up the chain of command for emogis.
i like all of those but really with a name like Clifton Duck does he really need a nickname?

Just FYI I think Vick Ashley on twitter is referring to him as Sir Ducksworth of Cliffington. Has a nice ring to it.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Vick have a Twitter handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.