Biggs: Nagy Hiding the Running Game

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

"
In sequestering his starters for nearly the entire preseason, Matt Nagy has accomplished perhaps one unspoken goal — keeping the revamped running game under wraps until the Sept. 5 opener against the Packers.
While most projections for the Bears offense in Year 2 have rightfully centered on quarterback Mitch Trubisky and improvements he can make, the ground game could make the biggest difference."

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I usually scoff at these preseason "top secret playbooks" and "we haven't seen the 'atomic playbook' yet" posts.

But Nagy has been doing noting but vanilla play calling in preseason.

I'm always skeptical because in the past the Bears offense looks like shit in the preseason - then everyone says "this isn't the real playbook, just you wait"......and we end up being shit in the regular season too....lol.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I usually scoff at these preseason "top secret playbooks" and "we haven't seen the 'atomic playbook' yet" posts.

But Nagy has been doing noting but vanilla play calling in preseason.

I'm always skeptical because in the past the Bears offense looks like shit in the preseason - then everyone says "this isn't the real playbook, just you wait"......and we end up being shit in the regular season too....lol.

No way...:speechless:

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Ha. How do you hide a running game. Same way you hide all your starters in meaningless games.
Nagy seeming to play chess....

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nagy is not the only coach to hold his starters out of the preseason and playbook. I think teams are sending a message to the owners. These preseason games are an utter waste of time. They could cut it down to two games and the coaches could have all the information they need.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
It used to be the NFL seemed to put pressure on teams to play their starters in the preseason.
Given the injury risk they are wise to leave it up to the teams to determine what’s best for their respective teams. Given that, I’m anticipating the solution will be a balance between player safety and revenue.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sure hope so... else we will all be pissed off.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Biggs musta read my game 1 Montgomery #calledit post.

(Bradley Sowell will be playing fullback more than he did last year too.)

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He hid it last year untill game 10 or so. I don't think he is hiding anything, he just is hiding from injury's.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think the fact that we play a division rival,particularly the Packers, in our first game has alot to do with how Nagy is handling this preseason. I get the sense that he feels really confident with his gameplan, and has a few added twist he doesn't want to reveal or even give the inkling of a thought as to what it may be.

Lafluer aint ready for what is coming for him and I am anticipating Nagy wants to do his part in helping the Packers implode from the inside out after the 1st week of the season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question is whether the run game will really be all that different than what opponents can see on film from last year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus, bunch of meatballs. All teams run vanilla offenses and defenses in the pre season. Nagy isnt doing anything new.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The question is whether the run game will really be all that different than what opponents can see on film from last year.
What run game? Our OL didn't look like they knew what they were doing last year and when they did, Howard wouldn't or couldn't hit the right hole until we changed it up for him. How is an opponent going to figure that shit out.