Practice Squad Predictions

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Whistled past the graveyard with Barr........Pretty sure that the ND lads are a "package deal?!" (Barr and Mustapher)....

Te Bears might want to keep track of :

TE - Ellis Richardson
WR - Jordon Williams-Lambert
DL - Jalen Dalton
DB - Clifton Duck
OLB - Chuck Harris

Who may not be ready for Prime Time.....but have flashed potential. O.K. Now let's see if Pace has a trade up his sleeve?! I can't believe that Cornelius Lukas is anything more than a place keeper for a better option at Swing OT. I think that Pace finds us a vet through trade. Not sure if we are done at OLB either. Lynch really doesn't do it for me!

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, I stand corrected. I guess I completely miss read it
Reporters get it wrong all the time.
And none of our cuts got stolen as is usually the case.
Ives would have been a Bears starter in 2017.

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Here's my prediction on who will make the practice squad
Alex Bars
Ian Bunting
Stephen Denmark
Clifton Duck
John Franklin
Jesper Horsted
Thomas Ives
Tyler Bray
Ryan Nall
James Vaughters

Clifton Duck... he's a step slow, but he produces off solid instincts. Situational player in the future at nickel.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But they're baby steps.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is kinda odd though that no team picked him up to at least give him a look for their 53.
Or maybe it’s like the 500th example of Bears fans not having a fucking clue how to evaluate players? I mean we all loved this guy and the league said “meh”.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Wow, this may be the first time Pace didn't go out and sign/trade for someone to fill out the 53 or PS..

jive

Liked Posts:
I think I would have preferred Duck or Franklin over Joseph, but Joseph has decent size and a year of development. I didn't think he looked very good against 3rd stringers, but CB is a difficult position to learn. Hopefully another year on the PS will help. I thought Duck had good instincts, but I guess they thought he was too slow. I thought Franklin had enough athleticism to be worth developing, but I guess they thought he was still too raw. In any case, I hope none of these guys suit up this season. If they do, it means we have too many injury concerns.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think I would have preferred Duck or Franklin over Joseph, but Joseph has decent size and a year of development. I didn't think he looked very good against 3rd stringers, but CB is a difficult position to learn. Hopefully another year on the PS will help. I thought Duck had good instincts, but I guess they thought he was too slow. I thought Franklin had enough athleticism to be worth developing, but I guess they thought he was still too raw. In any case, I hope none of these guys suit up this season. If they do, it means we have too many injury concerns.
Joseph didn't make as many notable plays as he did last p-season, and nothing special this last p-game, but he's been solid, and this will be his second year with the Bears. Franklin may have more athleticism and Duck more splash, but I think Joseph has been more consistent and well rounded.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like who? I’m legitimately asking.
Abdullah Anderson, Isaiah Irving, Nick Williams, Josh Woods, DHC, Chase Daniel.

Though it hasn't been the Bears MO, I think the PS is particularly valuable for developing Gs and OL in general.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Like who? I’m legitimately asking.
Bars will be active cause the last game before playoffs will be locked up tight,
Nall cause Davis will probably get a "Vet day off",
Fray cause Daniels and Fray will be dressed for the last game,
Horsted cause Glassheen sucks until proven elsewise.
Hopefully we get to see Vaughters play... non-injury related tho.