Today Confirms that Joe and Lester are Gone After this Season

garapp

Liked Posts:
Today Lester showed his age and Maddon showed why he shouldn't manage the Cubs anymore

This was pathetic

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lester is on his discount years, only going to take 20 million from next year forward. Now he just needs to accept he is a number 3 or 4.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
When they stop relying on the nostalgia of 2016.

Red Sox just fired Dombrowski not even a year removed from a WS victory.

He made some big trades and killed the farm and went way over trade cap. Cost him his job.

Now we know why 246 matters. Get you fired.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lester is on his discount years, only going to take 20 million from next year forward. Now he just needs to accept he is a number 3 or 4.

He is a 5. A guy that gives you around 180 IP and a chance to win 75% of his starts.

I would love to see the Cubs go all in on Garrett Cole.

The chances they land him are slim but that would be a call towards dominating the NLC.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Blow this team up please....identify the core players & trade everyone else if possible

They will not do this.

Bryant is a probable trade. He most likely falls to F/A and the Cubs would be smart to sell while his value is good. Not worth risking a down year and having to sell low.

Almora holds value as a 4th OF. I've seen calls to change of scenery but he was never that good of a player to even suggest this. He was a bad decision in a 1st year team taking over. They never went that way after.

Happ is another that I could see traded. He has no spot on this team and no sense of identity. But I don't see a big return for him as his value has not been good enough. He is basically = Bote.

So in general I believe the biggest move is to hire a new manager that is a little bit more Stern and less nice guy. Joe is great at PR and making excuses. This team needs more accountable leaders.

After that Theo needs to start locking up his team and trading the players who want to test the waters.

After that has been established then use F/A and the farm to set up 2020.

So the big change: remove Joe and his who's on first what on 2nd approach.

Cement the roles of the players and lock in a line up based off of stats.

The bench are more multi purpose players. Basically CF and SS types. If they can't do either then they should be in Iowa getting PA and there for injury depth.

Lastly Theo needs to stop investing into injured players on rehab. That has been a MO of his.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s apparently “Gibberish Day” on the CCS Forum

No coherent thoughts allowed.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today Lester showed his age and Maddon showed why he shouldn't manage the Cubs anymore

This was pathetic

I must have missed the ***OFFICIAL*** announcement on this. Do you have any information to back up your claim?

garapp

Liked Posts:
Just one fans personal opinion, CRM

But if you really feel Maddon will be back next year and Lester will help this team at all in 2020 then I have a bridge in Arizona I could sell you

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lester might help the team, but it starts between his ears. The man almost demands to be known as the ace of the staff, regardless of how he is pitching. We will see what happens if he is not named opening day starter when he shows up at spring training.