What are your adjusted expectations for Trubisky?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Okay, I understand the disappointment. It's like we were told by a child psychologist that our kid was gifted, but when we sent him to school he was eating glue and shit down the slide on the playground. Parents all over the country have to accept that their "baby Einstein" isn't meant to be at a school for the gifted.

So as far as Trubisky goes, what could you live with? What kinda production could you happy with? Forget about being better than Mahomes and Watson because that ain't happening. Forget about his draft position because he'll never live up to it. Forget about being the next Drew Brees.

My adjusted expectation is 26 TDs and 3,500 yeads with minimal interceptions...like 9.
I'd like to see around 500 rushing yards, and Mitch needs to learn how to slide. There's no reason to baby him, he's not Peyton Manning. If he gets hurt running, he gets hurt. It's gotta be a big part of his game.

I still say his ceiling is Baby Russel Wilson. If you look at Wilson's early stats it's definitely possible. But Trubs isn't going to be a "next generation gunslinger." If he had come out 8 years ago, he'd be regarded as a top prospect, but the league continues to evolve, and a lot more is needed to be considered elite.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
25 TD, 13 Int, 3,150 yards he's not awful but he's not that good either.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My expectation is that he gets replaced next year or has to be in a QB competition in the off-season at the very least.
Prepare to be disappointed. Not saying hes going to be good just saying that wont happen.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Prepare to be disappointed. Not saying hes going to be good just saying that wont happen.

Yep. That's one of my points. He's going to be here for awhile longer. There's a lot of area between Drew Brees and complete bust.

There will be a lot of retaliatory call out posts when he has a good game, but most posters are expressing their disappointment with the realization that he's not going to be elite. Examples would be calling him dumb & a complete bust, but a lot of these are ppl who convinced themselves he was special up until a week ago.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I just expect improvement with more improvement next year. I think he can be top 10 by years end. I see every tool needed plus a good work ethic.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what the stats will be but I have no belief that the Bears will win big, key games because of Trubisky stepping up taking control and making things happen.
He has already shown that trait, he is at his best late in games when we need him most.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has already shown that trait, he is at his best late in games when we need him most.

When did we win a big game because of Trubisky putting his team on his back? When did you see Trubisky play a game in adversity and perform like the quarterbacks in the Saints Texans game? I've seen nothing like that. I saw a good pass against the Eagles which appears to be the body of work (one play) people are using to call him the next Kenny Stabler.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point, I just want him to not be the reason the Bears lose games. I don't ever think the Bears will win games because of him. I don't see him winning a shootout against another team.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No change in my expectations. I expect a big year and the GB game was an aberration. If what we saw at GB was the “real” MT, the Bears need a new QB. Or, at a minimum a full on QB competition next year. I am not concerned, yet. More games like GB and I can see myself getting negative pretty quickly.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect him to be as controversial as Eli Manning is on the Giants... Bears fans will always argue about him until he's no longer on the team. He will have great games and he will have stinkers that will always leave doubts in people's minds.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Slow and steady improvement. I've often said that he's no brain surgeon but he's also not an idiot. He's not an intuitive reader but should acclimate over time in the same O, even a complex one. What bothered me Thur. was his pocket presence because that was actually VG most of last year. The problem with missing reads is that none of us know why he was confused on Thur or if he'll ever get it. I suspect GB threw a D at him that he hasn't trained for and his book learning rote approach to the O didn't have answers. He's not intuitive but that doesn't mean he can't become more so over time. The issue is how much time does he get before you know or just can't wait any longer.

Last edited:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
For reference it took Alex Smith 7 or 8 years to achieve a 100 rating.... many people on here seem to suggest Smith would be an upgrade.....