Burton: "Some Days I Feel Really Good, & Some Days I Don't Feel Good At All."

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Because Nagy is actually pretty forthcoming with the media, he’s a pretty bad liar.

Nagy really seemed to be telling the truth the other day when he said, and I’m paraphrasing a bit, “You know as much as I do (on Burton). I can’t be any more honest than I’m being.”

Is it possible Nagy’s telling the truth, and the Bears don’t even know what’s wrong with Burton? Hell, it doesn’t even seem like Burton knows what’s wrong with Burton.

Tightness in the groin. Must have pulled a muscle. Oop, now he’s fine. Oop, now it hurts again. Maybe it’s psychological? Maybe his body’s just super sensitive and fucked up.

I’m not a doctor. I don’t know crap about medicine. But I do wonder if maybe the Bears are just as in the dark on Burton as we are.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
His body is telling him something. IMHO he should retire, proud of his career and free of being shamed by fans. I would also hope that he would be more open about his injuries/illnesses. But that is strictly up to him, of course.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Bickell with the Hawks who ended up having MS.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe the lack of depth at TE. Nagy has said how important the TE position is to his offense. You'd think we'd have another capable body to step up. Christ almighty

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe the lack of depth at TE. Nagy has said how important the TE position is to his offense. You'd think we'd have another capable body to step up. Christ almighty

They thought they did and drafted him in the 2nd, I believe. Turns out they were wrong.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

They invested a ton of money in Burton and drafted Shaheen. All of their UDFAs were unremarkable, even for UDFAs. Jesper Horsted needs to put on 20 lbs otherwise he will literally die playing in the NFL. Just bad choices. Really bad choices.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds EXACTLY like someone I know who suffers from anxiety tbh

most things sound like they could be anxiety related

either way, sounds like Burton is pretty fucked up and I wouldn't be surprised by an early retirement. Sucks for the bears tho.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just put him on IR and let him figure it out. Trade for Engram at TE, cut Shaheen, and get a scrap heap run blocker at TE

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Burton: "Some Days I Feel Really Good, & Some Days I Don't Feel Good At All."

Bipolar

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm not sure if he is talking about the current injury or his mental state, to be honest.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if he is talking about the current injury or his mental state, to be honest.
Yeah man I hope it’s the former but if it’s the ladder hope he gets his block on straight. Screw football, dude seems like he might have some deeper issues he needs to get attended to.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Fucking christ man.

I miss Martellus Bennet. His head was screwed up too but at least he played

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

I am sensitive to all forms of mental illness.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Weird he would even say that when he’s aware of the rumors around him. Just say you’re working your way back and hopefully will be out there soon.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I'm really believing that Burton's pussy hurts since last season,so, before Pace decides to cut Horsted also. Put hurt puss on IR and give the new kid a shot,please don't use the too light to play excuse,if he can hold up, we win,if not why is he even in the NFL??????????