For those of you that still have hope for Trubisky...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Just how long do you think the Bears window is, with their defense?

Currently?

The core is Mack, Hicks, Smith, Jackson. I think that core has a 6 year shelf life.

However, typically defenses of an elite level have a 3 year window of being elite and maybe a 6 total year of being top 10.

But there is a caveat to this - Pace has been finding people on defense like CRAZY. You even got Roy Robertson Harris as an undrafted free agent making a significant impact.

So, we have a GM, who can repeatedly find these players and has a hell of a track record finding defense.

Therefore, I have faith he can turn over the defense very well.

But while I don't want to waste this defense any more than any one else, the thing is, it is all about the quarterback.

You get it right with the quarterback, and you can actually then afford to turn over your defense about 3 times if you have the offense to carry you through those times.

The rub is, if you guess WRONG, and get the wrong QB, it can set you back because most teams overcommit to the draft pick, and then it is a double whammy if you gave up picks to get that QB if you are good at drafting otherwise. So now you took picks where you likely shore up the next wave of defense behind your guys in their prime, and instead use them for a bad QB, leaving the team with no QB AND less depth, thus shortening the window.

Which means if you take a swing on a QB, try to minimize the draft capital you use to get him as much as possible, ESPECIALLY if you are very good otherwise at drafting.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this isn't Star Wars or pizzaGate or the Comcast call center. why wouldn't you draft a QB next year? because mitch has mitichlorians?

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Could be worse... remember when we all wanted Kirk Cousins?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Could be worse... remember when we all wanted Kirk Cousins?
the only person who wanted kirk cousins was spartan. 'we all'... the fuck out of here.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
Shit... could’ve gotten Luke Falk for peanuts to do what Trubisky is.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
the only person who wanted kirk cousins was spartan. 'we all'... the fuck out of here.

Wish I didn’t have to catch a 5:30 to Chicago tomorrow morning. I’d go hunting. Would love to find all those suckers.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wish I didn’t have to catch a 5:30 to Chicago tomorrow morning. I’d go hunting. Would love to find all those suckers.
ok, you find 'we all' when you have time,

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
were they 'we all' like how we all wanted kirk cousins? hope you make your train!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears are in a unique situation, because they are talented enough to win a superbowl, and their window is going to close in a hurry if they don't take advantage of the situation. If Trubisky doesn't progress this year, then it's imperative Ryan Pace does something about the quarterback situation in the off-season. Whether it's a free agent signing, a trade, or moving up to draft one, the Bears absolutely cannot go into next season with Mitch as the starter as long as he continues to look THIS bad.

I hate to say it, but the way the Bears have played through 2 games this year, reminds me of Jacksonville last year. Once they lost faith in Bortles, it was all over.

Oddly enough, if the Bears had a crystal ball, and knew Trubisky was going to regress, signing Nick Foles may have won them a championship (providing he didn't break his collarbone, like he did this year).

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Like Mitch or not, he protects the ball well enough to give the team a chance. With our defense likely to generate turnovers, and Mitch protecting the ball, we stand a great chance at winning the crucial turnover battle. Yes, he has thrown more turnover prone balls, but he still finds a way to tuck the ball, take a short throw, etc.

Plus, right now I see the problem on offense being a combination of things outside of QB play. That and unfortunately for him he was drafted in the same draft as Mahomes and Watson.

I give him this season, draft a mid round QB for completion in the offseason, and push him to either be the guy or move on. So 1.5-2 years

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Trade for Josh Rosen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this isn't Star Wars or pizzaGate or the Comcast call center. why wouldn't you draft a QB next year? because mitch has mitichlorians?
Daniel contract is up...

expect a new back-up with potential for competition whether that is a rookie or veteran.

They won't protect him any further, imo, and will acquire the best 2nd QB they can.