We in the middle of Trestman 2.0

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been figured out. He needs to get this offense on track or it’s done.

Last year trubisky was the problem. Plain and simple. Last year we saw guys running WIDE open and trubisky would sail it. How many times last year did we see Gabriel or Miller open with all the room in the world.

So far through two games we have not seen the separation of last year. Guys on the other team know what to expect.

The run game and the O line are also a huge problem. The bears had what, 6 chances today to punch it in from the goal line? The couldn’t move anybody. The TD was lucky. On the play before the TD there was a gap for Montgomery to run through but burton came across late and got in the way. It’s the same shit we saw Braunecker do 2-3 times in week 1, and they only ran the ball 14 times that week! Nobody on offense outside of Allen robinson looks like they have a damn clue.

The offense has no identity. It looks like a team that tries to do everything well and in turn they do nothing well. We don’t need gadget plays every set of downs.

I’ll give some credit that the packers defense actually looks legitimate this year, and Fangio and the Denver defense is an absolute brutal match up week 2 on the road. However, it’s a shit show. Nagy needs to real it in and cut out the cute shit. Stop trying to be an offensive guru and just run what works.

lol and what is it that works? agreed that nagy went off the rails in week 1, week 2 maybe there was a handful of gadget plays half of which worked for good gains. the team is simply not executing well enough and that imo is their biggest problem.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
lol and what is it that works? agreed that nagy went off the rails in week 1, week 2 maybe there was a handful of gadget plays half of which worked for good gains. the team is simply not executing well enough and that imo is their biggest problem.

I would agree that it is coming down to execution, which once again falls on the coach. When the O line is failing, the TE's are getting in the way during run plays, QB is failing, play calling selection is failing, offensive line holding calls, penalties all over the place.... These issues scream COACHING.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team as a whole is Lovie smith but I’m strictly talking about the offense. The offense has taken a serious step backwards and Mitch deserves a finger pointed his way, as do many other people.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but did Trestman's offense ever look this bad? I don't think so. So it's not an apt comparison.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I would agree that it is coming down to execution, which once again falls on the coach. When the O line is failing, the TE's are getting in the way during run plays, QB is failing, play calling selection is failing, offensive line holding calls, penalties all over the place.... These issues scream COACHING.

i think nagy will get it sorted out, its not like he's gonna get fired anytime soon so we have little choice but to hope he does

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Nagy is coach of the year but you're right. No team in the history of ever has experienced growing pains.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Nagy is coach of the year but you're right. No team in the history of ever has experienced growing pains.

Bro I’m not giving up on these guys and to many people around here I’m considered a homer. Facts of the matter is somehow this offense in year 2 looks like it’s preseason year 1. It’s not all on Nagy as trubisky has sucked but the fact remains they have not scored many points.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

But they're not growing, they're regressing. Trubisky's best football was around games 4 thru 9 last year. Then he regressed, which people put down to the two games he missed, which is whatever, I don't really buy that but fine. Now he seems to have regressed even more at a time when they're supposed to have gotten better.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
But they're not growing, they're regressing. Trubisky's best football was around games 4 thru 9 last year. Then he regressed, which people put down to the two games he missed, which is whatever, I don't really buy that but fine. Now he seems to have regressed even more at a time when they're supposed to have gotten better.

It honestly looks like an issue of confidence for the entire offense. This is the same group of guys, same scheme, same coaching staff. By no means were they world beaters last year but they were average. Right now it looks like they can't get anything going. I expect them to be at least average as things come together

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
His personnel groupings have been strange, and I'm still scratching my head over why he likes Davis and Patterson so much.

But the real issue for me are the sloppy/poor discipline penalties the Bears have been getting that would not have been tolerated last year. 2 Delay of games in one drive in Week 1 when the score is 3-6? One of which that knocks you out of FG range?!!? You have to use your fucking time out there dingus, you know Mitch isnt watching the clock because 6 plays ago he got a false start. Or in week 2 with 12 men in the huddle on what is the last chance to win the game? How do you let that happen, well disciplined teams simply dont have those kind of mental errors.

Still though, lazy fucking comparison there are almost no similarities between Nagy and Trestman outside of "not meeting expectations in 2nd year". Nagy has only coached 2 games though in his 2nd year so theres a good chance that comp is also stupid.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Maybe I'm misremembering, but did Trestman's offense ever look this bad? I don't think so. So it's not an apt comparison.

Yeah, it actually looked way worse. Like HS worse. So it is not an apt comparison yet.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

You are ASSUMING it is growing pains rather than a serious systemic issue. Some here are also assuming the worst is true, but that doesn't mean either position has evidence of being the case year long.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Mitch is never gonna be your traditional pocket QB. It looks like Nagy is trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Mitch is better when he gets out of the pocket and scrambles from time to time to keep the defense honest. I understand that maybe Mitch’s career will be shorter if he plays this way, but it will be even shorter if he plays like he is doing right now for much longer.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Question, what is Dave Ragone’s job? Isn’t it to help Trubisky with mechanics? How can you be an NFL quarterback and not be able to hit a wide open receiver in stride 20 yards away with a clean pocket? This guy has been playing quarterback his whole life and he throws balls that would make Tim Tebow wince.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to the inevitable "Montgomery is Cedric Benson" the second he has his first bad game...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to the inevitable "Montgomery is Cedric Benson" the second he has his first bad game...
Literally nobody will make this thread for you.

not a single poster will

Well Maybe @Strawman but nobody else.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't remember who said it, maybe it was Remy, but I agree that they should start treating Trubisky like a black QB or like Josh Allen. Get him to use his feet and run around.