Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's simple to me what the next step is. If Pace is too stubborn to admit his mistake and start another year with Trubisky & Daniel, he deserves to get fired.

We should use our 2nd round draft picks to get a high 2nd round QB to legitimately compete for Trubisky's job.

If Pace doubles down on Trubisky and brings in some washed up QB similar to Glennon...he deserves to get canned.
If things don't improve, alot, that's absolutely the case but it was clearly too early to cut bait before this offseason.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If things don't improve, alot, that's absolutely the case but it was clearly too early to cut bait before this offseason.

IMO it's not too early. There's no reason to baby Trubisky any longer. He should be told sooner rather than later he's not guaranteed the starting job next year.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is ready to transcend into greatness. Here's my prediction:

By the end of the season, Trubisky will be a super bowl hero and the city of Chicago will erect a 305 foot statue of him on Lake Michigan

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Last edited:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine in an alternate universe, we drafted Mahomes, this franchise found a way to ruin him, Trubisky is playing amazing somewhere else, and this entire board is whining that we should have drafted Trubisky. Such is the plight of a Bears fan.

tenor.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO it's not too early. There's no reason to baby Trubisky any longer. He should be told sooner rather than later he's not guaranteed the starting job next year.
We're actually on the same page. Who said anything was guaranteed? The point was that if he doesn't perform he's competing with some better competition.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have hated this talking point ever since the grossman days.
Grossman left to be grossman elsewhere. Jay came here and continued to be jay, left and still was the same guy.
McCown came here, continued to be McCown, and left to be the same guy.
Orton left to be orton.

I would argue that watson and mahomes are getting hit more often and it hasn't ruined them.

Chicago doesn't ruin guys. The team just has no clue on how to pick the right one.

Would like this twice if I could. Spot on.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess I'm still sitting over her and wondering what Watson has done that makes him really good. He blew out his knee without being touched and he hasn't won anything. He constantly gets hurt and will likely retire as early as Luck did. Why isn't he considered a dud as well?

He's played at a top ten level, which is why most analysts list him in their top ten.

He's also going to be starting his 20th straight game today. He's had one injury in the NFL, then came back and didn't miss a down last year. Your talk of him retiring young is just the wishful thinking of a jealous fanboy who can't handle the fact that Trubisky isn't worth Watson's jock strap.

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
LOL @ the thought of any of those QBs doing well in this offense.

A lot of Bears fans were champing at the bit to start Chase Daniel last year. They got a little glimpse of the grass seeming greener when it was just the opposite. And then they forgot.

Reminder: Nobody's getting open.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I was a Watson guy, but I thought #3 would be too high for him, and you always hate to trade back in the draft when you have a top 5 pick. I would have been okay with the Trubisky pick if they didn't trade up to get him, but losing out on those extra picks really hurts when the guy you ended up taking sucks.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine in an alternate universe, we drafted Mahomes, this franchise found a way to ruin him, Trubisky is playing amazing somewhere else, and this entire board is whining that we should have drafted Trubisky. Such is the plight of a Bears fan.

Mahomes was Nagy's project while he was with the Chiefs

When the QB struggles, people always gon question the coaches, but I am not buying it with Nagy. He is doing everything he can to push Trubs to the next level. People that think Trubs struggles are because Nagy are deluded.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I think Trubs is getting blasted too much, he came from a 2nd tier school, got over-drafted but I think he still has time catch up to potential, he has an arm and mobility but needs to have someone focus on his attributes. After accessing videos of his two first years the tackle position is an issue. He can scramble and move the chains the struggle will stop on MNF and he will develop confidence.

Nagy is playing it safe and needs to open it up like the game play with Baltimore and Kansas City, Nagy is scared to use the offense and settle on the defense picking up the pieces. My question is do you sit down with Mitch and ask what he feels comfortable with? Whether is PA role out, pocket precession. A leader of any business knows how to utilize people within the infrastructure to be an asset, not anyone can be a total gadget player. We learned with Hester! Hester should have been a CB than WR, his stats at MU provided that but he wasn't disciplined to play the position at WR and people were pissed.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think Trubs is getting blasted too much, he came from a 2nd tier school, got over-drafted but I think he still has time catch up to potential, he has an arm and mobility but needs to have someone focus on his attributes. After accessing videos of his two first years the tackle position is an issue. He can scramble and move the chains the struggle will stop on MNF and he will develop confidence.

Nagy is playing it safe and needs to open it up like the game play with Baltimore and Kansas City, Nagy is scared to use the offense and settle on the defense picking up the pieces. My question is do you sit down with Mitch and ask what he feels comfortable with? Whether is PA role out, pocket precession. A leader of any business knows how to utilize people within the infrastructure to be an asset, not anyone can be a total gadget player. We learned with Hester! Hester should have been a CB than WR, his stats at MU provided that but he wasn't disciplined to play the position at WR and people were pissed.

Hester was also a garbage CB, the Bears tried that and it didn't work. He was a pure return man, the best of all time at that role.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

its year 3.. this was the year he was going to put it all together and take the next step.
After 2 games he has yet to throw for a TD.. and lets be real.. he is lucky he doesn't have several INTs

Enough of the excuse making.. He needs to start playing like a real NFL QB

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Since the moment I have finished watching Brett Kollman's vid on Trubisky, I can't "unsee" him not following throw with his hips, when he throws. Every time he doesn't, he easily misses his target. I don't know what else the Bears/Nagy can do, besides sitting him and Dave Ragone down, forcing them to watch Kollman's vid, and bluntly telling Mitch "fix this now... get your shit together."

As others have already stated, you have to stop babying him now. It's doing more harm, than good. He either learns to deal with the rough crowd, like the one that roasted Cutler weekly, or he fucking folds like a napkin.