Baker Mayfield worse than Trubisky?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Butthurt? Nah. Disagree? yes.

I'm sorry I just don't see other O-Lines collapsing like ours on almost every play.

I've seen a lot of CLE games, our oline is as bad or worse than theres.

We get zero push, have the most penalized lineman in the league, our RG is a turnstile. Daniel/Whitehair are serviceable but they also are not helped that they have been playing next to two of the worst lineman in the league this year.

We also can't run the ball. You could put prime Walter Payton back there and he'd get like 3YPC at best. When the defense isn't even worried about the run game working they gonna fuck your life up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And yea, I'd still take baker over mitch because I've seen more out of baker than mitch.

Both suck right now, but there is more hope that baker will stop sucking than mitch will become good.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, so 2 guys lol.

Reminds me of Trump with his "a lot of people are saying" bullshit.

Plenty of posters have talked about the Bears OL being among the worst.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plenty of posters have talked about the Bears OL being among the worst.

Criticizing the Bears OL for sucking doesn't mean you think the Bears are the only team in the NFL with a shit OL. You're creating a strawman to rail against that barely exists (supposedly two people among however many post here).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Criticizing the Bears OL for sucking doesn't mean you think the Bears are the only team in the NFL with a shit OL. You're creating a strawman to rail against that barely exists (supposedly two people among however many post here).

No, not two people. Read the board, it's everywhere. People complaining about our OL as a mitigating factor in defense of the shit QB play. You're choosing to ignore it for some reason. I don't really care.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, not two people. Read the board, it's everywhere. People complaining about our OL as a mitigating factor in defense of the shit QB play. You're choosing to ignore it for some reason. I don't really care.

The way I see it, there were only a few of us complaining about the offensive line until suddenly in the last couple of weeks everybody is complaining about it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Yes, there are other OL across the league that are turnstiles. Like the Browns last night. And Baker looked like a complete scrub because of it.

If Baker performed like a top 10 QB despite horrendous oline play I would see your point.
But he didn’t because he wasn’t given a chance.

So what is your actual point? That other bad OL exist lol?

msadows

Liked Posts:
The way I see it, there were only a few of us complaining about the offensive line until suddenly in the last couple of weeks everybody is complaining about it.

Thats cause everyone was too busy bitching about mitch the first 3 weeks.

Then once mitch left their stupid blinders came off and realized the whole offense blows cocks, which some of us have been saying since week 1.

Hard to do anything on offense when your oline gets no push.

Also hard to do anything on defense when your dline gets no push. See last sunday as an example.

Football comes down to line play, its pretty damn simple. Our line play on offense is prob the worst in the league. And nope, thats not an exaggeration.

Our YPC is 4th lowest in the league. The other 3 teams in front of us? Well, they have a combined 0-13 record.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why is it so hard for you to simply address that both can be issues? It's like you are afraid that if you admit that the OL play sucks, people will think you are in love with Mitch and want to father his babies.

A lot of us realize that we have to correct the QB issue. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen this year. It's either going to be a a trade that a team idiotically makes, or it will be in the draft.

We CAN fix the offensive line play this year by doing a couple things that people have mentioned. Benching Long, calling up Bars, switching Daniels and Whitehair back to last years positions, running more plays for the RB under center, etc.

Good OL play can mask a bad QB, especially with a Championship level defense which I think we have (atleast most games).

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, there are other OL across the league that are turnstiles. Like the Browns last night. And Baker looked like a complete scrub because of it.

If Baker performed like a top 10 QB despite horrendous oline play I would see your point.

If thats the point I do agree.. :D

msadows

Liked Posts:

This just in. Bad oline play leads to bad runningback play and bad QB play.

No QB plays well when under constant pressure.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Watson seems to manage ok ?

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Probably because he had a good rookie year, broke the rookie td record, and has been more productive than Trubisky. He's regressed in his second year, Trubisky has regressed in his third.

Again with the situational hardship multiplier. Bears fans seem to think every QB has it better than Cutler/Trubisky.

yeah that's not what i meant. Please don't take criticism for X QB as praise for #10, some things are just fact. Cleveland was a lot of folks darling pick to go to the SB, especially with the addition of OBJ. Fact is that Mayfield has the Browns 0-5, while posting less TDs and more picks than #10 in one less game in this young season. There were high expectations on the #1 overall pick coming in to this season and they are 0-5, you'd think that would be THE story right now. Not how unproductive #10 has been.

Please read my words in context of what I'm saying vs what agenda other Bears fans may or may not have...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen a lot of CLE games, our oline is as bad or worse than theres.

We get zero push, have the most penalized lineman in the league, our RG is a turnstile. Daniel/Whitehair are serviceable but they also are not helped that they have been playing next to two of the worst lineman in the league this year.

We also can't run the ball. You could put prime Walter Payton back there and he'd get like 3YPC at best. When the defense isn't even worried about the run game working they gonna fuck your life up.
I watched the CLE game last night. Pass protection was horrid but I feel their run blocking was better than the Bears. Their run blocking has been abysmal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I watched the CLE game last night. Pass protection was horrid but I feel their run blocking was better than the Bears. Their run blocking has been abysmal.

Trust me, our pass pro is just as bad, we just dont have as many deep developing routes.

Baker holds onto the ball as long as anyone this year. Chase Daniel has the lowest time to throw in the nfl. Mitch is even lower.

Nagy might not be great this year, but he aint dumb. Knows our oline is trash so he gets the ball out on average in 2.66 seconds.

Kinda like the texans situation last year. Yes their line was bad but that offense and watson did them no favors. Hard for a bad unit to defend a pass rush for 3+ seconds.

Last edited:

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what is your actual point?

Watson seems to manage ok ?

Did anyone not see this response coming lol?

Mick's point Midway, is to continue to grind that axe over Pace not taking his boy Watson.

Thus nobody is allowed to criticize the OL because that means you're making excuses for the Mitch.

It's not like the QB's performance is affected by the anyone else or anything. QB's play in a vacuum remember. No outside factors are to ever be considered when making hot takes.