Most "o-line" problems are because of the scheme/QB

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
If they trot Leno and Long back out there against the Saints, it’s gonna get ugly. Why the fuck would anyone on this team want to break their balls for a team that lets these two assholes get away with being shit...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea, but our pass blocking was pretty exceptional last year. A top 10 unit.

This year they are horrid.

Once again. Sitton, Whitehair, Long was the best interior in football.

This is not the Fox oline.

We were talking about run blocking. Guess you lost that argument so now you moving on to pass blocking.

Bears QBs were pressured on 65 of 202 pass rush snaps for a 32% rate. Last year under Fox ie 2017 it was 181 out of 577 snaps for a 31% rate. So did anyone argue that Fox was not at fault because his OL sucked pass blocking?

The simple fact is ya'll making excuses for Nagy. The pass blocking is worse than 2018 but not that different from John Fox levels so forgive me if I think it is the O geniuses fault if he can't succeed with better WR weapons than Fox had when faced with similar pressure rates as Fox. Not to mention, it was Nagy and Pace's decision to stick with Long. They could have cut him and had plenty of money to sign someone competent.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are not helping.

But the Bears have 2 OLmen that need to be benched and they only have a replacement for 1 of them. Watch the tape Long is a one man saboteur right now. Even when they have a nice play call and other guys make their blocks he is getting destroyed.

I would agree if we were getting okay play out of the individual lineman.

LT: Pathetic
LG: Solid
C: Below Average but Improving
RG: Worse I Have ever Seen
RT: Below Average

But whose fault is that. Long has been in decline for a while. Pace and Nagy decided to offer him a pay cut rather than cutting him and finding a better replacement. Long being horrible was entirely foreseeable and they did nothing to guard against that risk.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
CameraGyrl V2.0

Oh, god. J'Marcus Webb would actually "bolster" our offensive line right now... o_O

HOLY SHIT, he's still in the NFL. How??? Oh, it's the Dolphins. He's "in the NFL".

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they trot Leno and Long back out there against the Saints, it’s gonna get ugly. Why the fuck would anyone on this team want to break their balls for a team that lets these two assholes get away with being shit...

They “break their balls” because they are professionals. Because they want to keep their (well paying) jobs. Because their game play will not only be reviewed by the Bears but by other teams, potential future employers. Because they are competitors playing a game.

The team know “these two assholes” (I assume you know them personally) are trying. I try not to be a fan boy but that post is ignorant of the players and league. They “trot them out” because, unfortunately, they don’t have other options this year.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
They “break their balls” because they are professionals. Because they want to keep their (well paying) jobs. Because their game play will not only be reviewed by the Bears but by other teams, potential future employers. Because they are competitors playing a game.

The team know “these two assholes” (I assume you know them personally) are trying. I try not to be a fan boy but that post is ignorant of the players and league. They “trot them out” because, unfortunately, they don’t have other options this year.
That’s bs. Anyone would be better than long right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
fify
Most "scheme/QB" problems are because of the o-line

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually just checked. Out of 38 QBs, Trubisky ranks 25th in terms of pressure percentage at 32.5%. His QB rating under pressure is 35 out of 38 with only Josh Rosen, Eli Manning and Luke Falk being worse.

So let's stop the bullshit trying to pin it all on the OL. The OL has not been great but newsflash, QBs get pressured in the NFL. The good ones just persevere instead of folding like a lawn chair.

Now cue all the Trubs nuthuggers with excuses about how Trubs pressure is so much worse than all the other QBs in the NFL. SMH! I wish our QB could live in a fantasy world where he never gets pressured but this is the reality of the NFL. Man the fuck up and get better dealing with it. Watson gets pressured far more than Trubs but he just deals with it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pffft

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I actually just checked. Out of 38 QBs, Trubisky ranks 25th in terms of pressure percentage at 32.5%. His QB rating under pressure is 35 out of 38 with only Josh Rosen, Eli Manning and Luke Falk being worse.

So let's stop the bullshit trying to pin it all on the OL. The OL has not been great but newsflash, QBs get pressured in the NFL. The good ones just persevere instead of folding like a lawn chair.

Now cue all the Trubs nuthuggers with excuses about how Trubs pressure is so much worse than all the other QBs in the NFL. SMH! I wish our QB could live in a fantasy world where he never gets pressured but this is the reality of the NFL. Man the fuck up and get better dealing with it. Watson gets pressured far more than Trubs but he just deals with it.
Not doubting those stats but where did you get them? I would like to see the full list.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The terrible oline play is devastating to this team. The biggest issue we have imo, is not being able to establish a running game at all. That's our biggest problem. Stop tunnel visioning the QB. Derp.