Kyle Long To IR ??? @novak

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Kind of weird going from playing last week without getting hurt to suddenly ending up on IR.

It must have been something that he could have kept playing through, but Nagy may have told him that they were going to go with someone else anyway, so they both agreed not to bother playing through it.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Kind of weird going from playing last week without getting hurt to suddenly ending up on IR.

It must have been something that he could have kept playing through, but Nagy may have told him that they were going to go with someone else anyway, so they both agreed not to bother playing through it.

What an idiotic conspiracy theory. Please respect Long and Nagy. And please respect the man. He was nothing but a patriot, trying to protect the people of his state. I wish he were here today. The next President needs to have his back

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Christ, Pace waited way too long to address the O line

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
What an idiotic conspiracy theory. Please respect Long and Nagy. And please respect the man. He was nothing but a patriot, trying to protect the people of his state. I wish he were here today. The next President needs to have his back
I'm not sure I understand what is so idiotic about anything I said. He played the entire game last week against Oakland, and now he's on IR. It's clear he hasn't been 100% this season, but continued to play anyways. Given how poor his performance has been, is it really a stretch to assume there were going to be changes made to the offensive line, and Kyle would have been one of them?

Either he had a setback after the game that wasn't mentioned previously, or he was getting benched and decided it wasn't worth fighting through an injury as a backup.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I understand what is so idiotic about anything I said. He played the entire game last week against Oakland, and now he's on IR. It's clear he hasn't been 100% this season, but continued to play anyways. Given how poor his performance has been, is it really a stretch to assume there were going to be changes made to the offensive line, and Kyle would have been one of them?

Either he had a setback after the game that wasn't mentioned previously, or he was getting benched and decided it wasn't worth fighting through an injury as a backup.
How about gaining some perspective. Do you think Nagy got a crowbar and went to Longs knees? Not all of us are sitting just around the corner with a crowbar and a knife and the strength to threaten and injure.

The fact that all three of those events would be completely understandable is why people keep being afraid of them. As noted by Richard Stallman, who is in a similar position (although far worse), you don't need to be dangerous to have an impact.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Christ, Pace waited way too long to address the O line

Cuz he had 4-5 picks a year, mostly mid rounds. Trading up costs you somewhere, we didn't have the depth to justify it.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Cuz he had 4-5 picks a year, mostly mid rounds. Trading up costs you somewhere, we didn't have the depth to justify it.

I don't want to hear how choppy the waves are, just dock the boat

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:

Probably was given an option of cut or IR.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even be upset if the Bears used every single draft pick on o-line. Been wayyyyy too long since the Bears invested heavy draft capital on this unit.

As long as one of those lineman can play QB.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Pace cannot evaluate offensive line talent, idiot. If you're so keen on finding fault with the offensive line, why not go back and watch DeMarcus Ware rip his chest open and tear his ACL's in the 2014 AFC Championship Game? It's so much easier to make a case that Ware had a concussion. There's plenty of other injuries that can be found.

If the Eagles were to do a deep dive and look for their #1 pick for the 2016 draft, the offensive tackle position would be a hot topic. That alone should be enough to prove to the Eagles that it's the wrong choice. Just look at the results: 1. No. 1 overall player in the 2009 NFL draft, Ryan Mathews , sprained his ACL at a very early age and missed the entire season. 2. No. 3 overall player in 2014, Lane Johnson , sprained his ACL, missed the entire season, and then re-torn them again the next year

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they will make slowell gain 100 pounds and move back to the oline
He's going to ask for a 5 year extension first, 20 milly guaranteed lol.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
It’s sad you can’t disprove Matt Nagy as a genius and have to attack me instead. I guess you're too busy trying to make Nagy look bad for being mean and negative, instead of trying to figure out what all these "muh" comments got wrong. I'll admit to being a jerk about anything, but the ones who claim Nagy's work is "fake" just want to make their own version of it.

The problem with that approach is it takes an anti-rational stance and attempts to deny the reality of scientific and technological progress (for you see, we can have some rational thoughts but we don't need to actually believe them to be rational).

In short, it's the same as being a dogmatic Christian. The best analogy I can think of is those who claim the Bible can't be trusted and who think we need no science to know how anything works. It's more effective to use evidence based, rational language to tell the truth than to just throw up our hands without a scientific way to support it

images (8).jpeg

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Sadly he stood out in a bad way because of all the injuries.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Muscle mass wise he came into 2019 looking his weakest. Had some good years but his time is done. There is a horrible play this year of him just falling over i think versus the redskin. Looked old.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 'Kyle Long eying return from IR in time for the playoff run' articles and CCS posts are going to be nauseating.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 'Kyle Long eying return from IR in time for the playoff run' articles and CCS posts are going to be nauseating.

FUCK

THAT

That piece of shit already ruined last year's playoff game. I will lose my shit if the same bullshit happens again.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I have vented my frustration on both Long and Leno, but, I offer my apologies to them both for being personal. It’s a tough life, one that I could never rise to, filled with constant fighting and pain.
I am truly sorry that Kyle Long could not live up his own expectations, much less ours, I hope whatever his future is, he is successful.