Updated NFC Playoff Picture: An overall good day for the Wild Card race

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Bah, that is a homer statement if there ever was one. Bears last 4 games is no cake walk Cowboys-Packers-Chiefs-Vikings.

All teams with playoff aspirations and they all could potentially be in win at all costs mode, either looking for a bye or facing WC elimination.

This, the Bears lost their chance against the Raiders, after getting lucky against the Broncos. They just had the easiest part of their schedule and basically needed to with all of them, maybe losing just one. With this offense the Bears won’t even have a winning season.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I still remember when people kept trying to tell about how good the Cowboys would be this season. I don't know if there has been a more hyped up team for the past decade straight than the Cowboys that managed to fuck everything up every time.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I still remember when people kept trying to tell about how good the Cowboys would be this season. I don't know if there has been a more hyped up team for the past decade straight than the Cowboys that managed to fuck everything up every time.
Yeah, the 2019 Bears as well. Everyone was overhyped about them this year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cowboys remaining schedule after losing three straight............

Eagles
Giants
Vikings
Lions
NE
Bills
Bears
Rams
Eagles
Skins

They are an 8-8 team at best imo, and could be as bad as 6-10.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
To the people pointing out last year, the main differences at this part of the schedule

1. When the Bears went 9-1 to end the year, they beat a bunch of sub .500 teams on that run. Five of those wins (Detroit X2, SF, NYJ, Buffalo) ended up top ten in the draft.

2. The Bears had a very good split of hard games at home, easy games on the road (they played NE, LA, Seattle all at home) .This year, the Bears have LA and Philly on the road still.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taking a stab at the division winners here:

Packers
Eagles
Saints
Niners

that leaves Vikes, Panthers, Bears, Lions, Hawks, Rams, Cowboys competing for 2 WC spots.

Panthers have

Niners
Titans
Packers
Falcons
Saints
Skins
Falcons
Seahawks
Colts
Saints

Vikings have

Lions
Skins
Chiefs
Cowboys
Broncos
Seahawks
Lions
Chargers
Packers
Bears

Lions have:

Packers
Vikings
Giants
Raiders
Bears
Cowboys
Redskins
Bears
Vikings
Bucs
Broncos
Packers

Last edited:

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Bah, that is a homer statement if there ever was one. Bears last 4 games is no cake walk Cowboys-Packers-Chiefs-Vikings.

All teams with playoff aspirations and they all could potentially be in win at all costs mode, either looking for a bye or facing WC elimination.

maybe I’m in homer mode, but I like that the end of the year is basically a bunch of playoff games. Hell, you win those and that means you’re probably hot at just the right time to carry you into the playoffs on a good streak. And if you don’t, well one and done isn’t any fun anyway so may as well go down in flames. Only problem I have with that is giving Oakland a better pick.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers (4-1) and Lions (2-1-1) (Monday night football)
For the Bears: Pick your poison.
Bottom Line: There are positives and negatives to be gleaned from whatever result we get from this matchup. If the Packers lose, there’s a chance the Bears could be leading the NFC North within a week. If the Lions lose, they fall behind the Bears in the division and Wild Card race. I’d tend to root for the Lions in this one, because I do think if you spot the Packers a 5-1 start in the division, they ain’t letting that go. And like Cousins and Minnesota, a Matt Patricia led Detroit team doesn’t inspire confidence down the stretch in a playoff race. That said, I don’t see the Lions winning this game. I see them losing this big, and I see I potentially breaking them after coming so close against the Chiefs. Anything is possible, though.

I think your wrong here. What the Bears need is a Detroit win over Gb followed by a Detroit loss to the Vikings.

If that happens and the Bears beat the Saints, it is a reset for the NFC North.

For the Lions, I see the Vikings game as slightly more important then I do the GB game (though I would like to see a close game).

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Packers line tomorrow night is suspect, just like it was against the Eagles, too low. At Green Bay the line is normally inflated, this one isn't. I would most certainly take the Lions tomorrow night, as I did the Eagles over the Packers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Packers line tomorrow night is suspect, just like it was against the Eagles, too low. At Green Bay the line is normally inflated, this one isn't. I would most certainly take the Lions tomorrow night, as I did the Eagles over the Packers.

From Walter Football:

"RECAP: I had some interest in this game when the spread was Detroit +6.5. I didn't think the line would plummet so quickly, but it did before I was able to crunch all of my numbers. This line is now in the 4.5 range, so we missed out on the key number of six, which is important. It sucks that the sharps have to ruin things for us normal folk!

I still like the Lions at +4.5, but I'm not crazy about it. DVOA says this line should be +4, while the computer model thinks +3 is the correct number. That's not much line value, but it is something at least.

THURSDAY THOUGHTS: This spread has fallen to +4, thanks to more sharp action on Detroit. I still don't plan on betting this game.

SATURDAY NOTES: Aaron Rodgers has been limited in practice with a knee. There's no way in hell he's missing this game, but it's possible he may not be 100 percent. If so, that makes the Lions appealing.

SUNDAY MORNING NOTES: The sharps continue to pound the Lions, as this line is +3.5 in several places. You can get +4 -115 at Bovada. I'm actually going to bite for a unit because there's a chance Rodgers may not be 100 percent.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflpicks2019_06late.php#m1Y0bMbf5wWuZIP8.99 "

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
People keep saying our schedule is so tough. Well, is it really?

Cowboys, Eagles, Rams, Chargers all are playing like shit right now. Who knows how good they really are THIS YEAR. Even the Chiefs have struggled of late because their defense is so bad. Saints do look damn good even without Brees though.

Point is.. stop predicting shit. We don't know anything. Enjoy the games already.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Walter Football:

"RECAP: I had some interest in this game when the spread was Detroit +6.5. I didn't think the line would plummet so quickly, but it did before I was able to crunch all of my numbers. This line is now in the 4.5 range, so we missed out on the key number of six, which is important. It sucks that the sharps have to ruin things for us normal folk!

I still like the Lions at +4.5, but I'm not crazy about it. DVOA says this line should be +4, while the computer model thinks +3 is the correct number. That's not much line value, but it is something at least.

THURSDAY THOUGHTS: This spread has fallen to +4, thanks to more sharp action on Detroit. I still don't plan on betting this game.

SATURDAY NOTES: Aaron Rodgers has been limited in practice with a knee. There's no way in hell he's missing this game, but it's possible he may not be 100 percent. If so, that makes the Lions appealing.

SUNDAY MORNING NOTES: The sharps continue to pound the Lions, as this line is +3.5 in several places. You can get +4 -115 at Bovada. I'm actually going to bite for a unit because there's a chance Rodgers may not be 100 percent.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflpicks2019_06late.php#m1Y0bMbf5wWuZIP8.99 "

He's basically saying what I am. And, 6 1/2 would be the line if they didn't crush it. The line at this point of 3.5 to 4 is begging the general public to take the Packers, which they will. I think Lions win by at least a touchdown.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You all are nuts if you think the Bears aren't going to adjust on offense. They will find an identity, it just probably won't be what anyone was hoping for.

Expect them to throw out hopes of a high powered offense over the bye and set a new course. Rest of the season is going to be a slow grind. But Nagy has shown he can win that way.

Fans are going to lose their minds every week, but bears have to work around crap QB play and subpar OL play.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's basically saying what I am. And, 6 1/2 would be the line if they didn't crush it. The line at this point of 3.5 to 4 is begging the general public to take the Packers, which they will. I think Lions win by at least a touchdown.
I thought I was the Lions homer.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too many 3-3 or similar teams. The problem with the NFC is there are two awful teams (Atlanta, Washington), three meh teams that are capable of playing awfully or fairly decent (Giants when healthy, Bucs, Cards) and then you see about 11 teams of varying level of good. Because of that, the playoffs are likely going to take 9 wins. If you look at the rest of the schedule, the Bears have

6 home games
New Orleans, LA Chargers, Dallas, NY Giants, Kansas City, Detroit

5 road games
@ Philadelphia, @ LA Rams, @ Detroit, @ Minnesota, @ Green Bay

So the Bears have zero games against the awful teams left, one game at home against the meh team, and then 10 games that are against varying levels of good/average teams. Because of that, the margin is insanely thin and IMO, I just don't see it for them this year.

We win Chargers, Dallas, Giants, Detroit at home and Philly, Rams, Detroit, Minny away.

That's 11 wins. I think we'll make it in with that.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Bears matchup well with the Vikings (for sure), and IMO Chiefs and Dallas.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Taking a stab at the division winners here:

Packers
Eagles
Saints
Niners

that leaves Vikes, Panthers, Bears, Lions, Hawks, Rams, Cowboys competing for 2 WC spots.

Panthers have

Niners
Titans
Packers
Falcons
Saints
Skins
Falcons
Seahawks
Colts
Saints

Vikings have

Lions
Skins
Chiefs
Cowboys
Broncos
Seahawks
Lions
Chargers
Packers
Bears

Lions have:

Packers
Vikings
Giants
Raiders
Bears
Cowboys
Redskins
Bears
Vikings
Bucs
Broncos
Packers
Vikings and Lions have the most favorable schedule there imo

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears matchup well with the Vikings (for sure), and IMO Chiefs and Dallas.
With Hicks out, I am not so sure about Elliot and Dallas. The Chiefs will be an interesting game, depends on if Mahomes is hobbled or not. You don't match up well with Kelce, and Hill is a headache for anyone.