Updated NFC Playoff Picture: An overall good day for the Wild Card race

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WC doesn't matter for the Bears. We'll just win the division and call it a day. The Packers will falter.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some pretty big assumptions by the original poster

Niners
Chickens
Saints
Packers
All locks for playoffs......5&6 games into season?

Dont think anybody has anything locked up (saints do have the best/inside track for a spot)

Somebody else mentioned 9 wins getting in....personally I dont see 9 wins even sniffing a tiebreaker...better get to at least 10 wins and even then, likely to be in some sort of tiebreaker.

I thought minn was a must win....personally I think NO is a must win as well otherwise at 3-3 I can see thing spiraling downward quickly to a 7 win season
San Fran is getting pretty close to locking up a spot.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WC doesn't matter for the Bears. We'll just win the division and call it a day. The Packers will falter.
Pretty optimistic for a team that just lost it's starting QB, star interior D-lineman and got thumped by Oakland.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if its a good day for us near when the division is so strong. The Vikings and Packers may be hard to catch, the Lions hard to sweep, and the first place schedule is brutal, nothing easy.

I don't like Chase Daniel. Or the TE's. Or the line. I do like the WR's and RB's.
Oh boy do I like the defense. Hicks is a crushing blow. You hope we can sneak in the playoffs and he comes back late heroically and with a rested body. If it heals well and quickly maybe he could come back stronger?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niners and Hawks play each other twice yet, both have some tough games ahead. Cowboys you have overrated IMO, they just lost to the Jets for gawds sake.

Except for the Pats (Ugh), it seems everyone is going to drop a game from time to time. Let down game, no? Hell, Mahomes and the Chiefs have lost two in a row (gasp!).

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty optimistic for a team that just lost it's starting QB, star interior D-lineman and got thumped by Oakland.
Biggest concern there is Hicks IMO. Mitch will start the next game. Raiders game sucked but it wont define the season.

I could see the Raiders beating another team in our division. That O line is big and nasty. They are an above .500 team so not sure why people are acting like it was the Falcons or something.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The chances of a 5-0 or 5-1 team missing the playoffs are astronomically slim. Not saying it's impossible, but enough so that I feel comfortable saying the 49ers, Seahawks and Packers are going to make the playoffs.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I have seen a lot of the Seahawks and I think they are overrated. They looked terrible week 1 at home vs Cincy. They looked average vs the Steelers in their first game without Big Ben. They got smoked vs the Saints even though the scoreboard says they only lost by 6. They had a good game against a bad Cardinals teams. They only beat the Rams at home because of a missed easy FG. And they should have lost at the Browns.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
We win Chargers, Dallas, Giants, Detroit at home and Philly, Rams, Detroit, Minny away.

That's 11 wins. I think we'll make it in with that.
Detroit, Philly, Rams and Dallas are better than the Raiders, and we couldn’t beat them.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
10-6 Should get it done. The #2 team in the East won't get 10, I don't think the Panthers will get 10, I don't think the Rams will either because they've definitely regressed. #2 Team in the west will most likely get 10, so that would leave the Lions/Vikings/Bears vying for the 6th spot.

I just don't think the Lions will lose less than 6 times in the season, and I feel the Bears will have the tiebreaker over the vikings. Cousins is 0-3 when it comes to having good games against the Bears, it's just a bad matchup for him.

All that said I'm not confident the Bears win 10 games, honestly I think 9 is more likely, and I highly doubt that 9 wins would be good enough, in fact I'm almost certain it won't be.
The Panthers have a very easy schedule, just like the Bears has last season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Would be better if the Lions won tonight.

Caddie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I am new here and hesitant to step on veteran posters toes...but what the hell?

The NFL is largely an 8-8 league for a lot of teams and to be making forecasts with 11 weeks left is largely a fools folly.

I'll stick to Bill Parcells' maxim of taking a look at where his team is at Thanksgiving. Pretty early to be counting anyone in or out at this point.

Injuries, upsets, and the un-expected loom like they do every year in the NFL.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I am new here and hesitant to step on veteran posters toes...but what the hell?

The NFL is largely an 8-8 league for a lot of teams and to be making forecasts with 11 weeks left is largely a fools folly.

I'll stick to Bill Parcells' maxim of taking a look at where his team is at Thanksgiving. Pretty early to be counting anyone in or out at this point.

Injuries, upsets, and the un-expected loom like they do every year in the NFL.
Don't worry about toes. Just make sure to love Mitchell Trubisky and you'll be protected. Criticize at your own risk and for the love of God, WATCH THE ALL-22 TAPE!

Caddie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and welcome btw.
Thanks AT23

I do support Mitch, what the hell else can I do?

That said I get pretty sick of writers like Morrisey on the Sun-Times with his constant bitching that Pace didn't pick Mahomes at #2 while he ignores he was ignored until KC took him at #8