Jordan Howard

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's been pretty good as an Eagle. Averaging 4.5 YPC on the season, has caught the ball better than expected and has 5 TDs on the season. Sure he was underwhelming with a 3.77 YPC and 0 TDs against the Vikings, but I'd say the entire team was underwhelming.

He's been their best RB this season. I'm good with him getting 12-15 touches a game.

He got that receiving TD on a blown coverage (to a pic play) and also caught an 8yd pass, in which there was nobody within 10yds of him and had blockers. Different backs take that catch and make it 20yds. He's Legarrette Blount but much younger.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There were like two of us who saw that he needed to work on his catching, he did it during the offseason, and we gave him credit for being a lot better at it.

...then there were the ppl that had a hard-on for Kareem Hunt, who would never admit he got better at pass catching. They wanted him gone no matter what. And now look.... LOL.
Look at what? Are you trying to say that he would have been good in Chicago with Kyle Long blocking for him? He sucked and we moved on because he sucked.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
There were like two of us who saw that he needed to work on his catching, he did it during the offseason, and we gave him credit for being a lot better at it.

...then there were the ppl that had a hard-on for Kareem Hunt, who would never admit he got better at pass catching. They wanted him gone no matter what. And now look.... LOL.

At this time he's not a mismatch against a LB or a safety, but with being a very good blocker it's nice for there to be some screen play/wheel route options. I'd still say most of his receiving success is because the defense is not anticipating him to run routes, but then again isn't it the OC's job to provide that level of assignment stress on the D?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He got that receiving TD on a blown coverage (to a pic play) and also caught an 8yd pass, in which there was nobody within 10yds of him and had blockers. Different backs take that catch and make it 20yds. He's Legarrette Blount but much younger.

Sign me up for that! Blount was an extremely good situational player and was an important cog when the Pats won in 2016 (18 TD season) and then the following season with my Eagles, where he had a TD in every playoff game.

It's extremely hard to get a RB who can do all the power things and also be this pass catching mis-match. There are a few players, like Todd Gurley, Le'von Bell, David Johnson and Zeke that fit that mold, but then again those guys all cost over $13M/season.

Jordan Howard is actually the 3rd most expensive RB on the Eagles roster. If you give me a younger Blount for ~$2M/season I'm pretty happy with that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at what? Are you trying to say that he would have been good in Chicago with Kyle Long blocking for him? He sucked and we moved on because he sucked.

It's the same o-line as last year. Montgomery has been worse so far.

Why is the same o-line from 9 months ago not a valid excuse for Howard's YPC last year?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It's the same o-line as last year. Montgomery has been worse so far.

Why is the same o-line from 9 months ago not a valid excuse for Howard's YPC last year?
It’s not the same OL. The OL is drastically worse than last season, where Howard averaged 3.7 YPC behind. There’s no reason to believe he would be more productive than last season especially with the OL being worse

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sign me up for that! Blount was an extremely good situational player and was an important cog when the Pats won in 2016 (18 TD season) and then the following season with my Eagles, where he had a TD in every playoff game.

It's extremely hard to get a RB who can do all the power things and also be this pass catching mis-match. There are a few players, like Todd Gurley, Le'von Bell, David Johnson and Zeke that fit that mold, but then again those guys all cost over $13M/season.

Jordan Howard is actually the 3rd most expensive RB on the Eagles roster. If you give me a younger Blount for ~$2M/season I'm pretty happy with that.
Cool, take him. And Blount got benched in the SB vs the Falcons.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears fans are such fickle creatures, I'm almost disgusted to be associated with some of you

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
sixth round draft pick lmfao what a clown show

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Falling forward for that extra yard got him to 3.2 per carry.

I prefer backs who don’t fall.

Did Howard crack 50 yesterday ? I know he was in his 3.2 range.

Howard's yards before contact was 0.96 last year. Monty's is 1.14. Howard's Yards after contact last year is 2.74. Monty's is 2.16.

Would be nice if Monty learned to fall forward for 2.74 yards after contact instead of dancing around just to end up with a full half yard less after contact. Monty might as well be running on a treadmill as it is a lot of effort for very little forward progress.