Trade News

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The bears should trade for Williams. Oline of Williams Whitehair Daniels Coward/Larsen/Bars Massie would all of a sudden become a strength
With what? Bears don't have high-end draft capital which is what teams are looking for. Only chance is Pace gets a vet on the cheap.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ben Allbright - "Yes, multiple teams have inquired about Trent Williams.

No deal is currently done."

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What player might the Bears trade to get Williams? Only slim hope is that AND TW is willing to give a "winner's discount" to for Club Dub access.

Massive OL improvement is the key to reopening Da Club. Long gone was step 1.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will show ZERO interest in Williams. They would only consider it if at this point, everyone knew Mitch was "the guy" and you wanted to protect him from further injury. Mitch is clearly not "The guy" so why waste so much $$$ to protect him? Ain't happening.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will show ZERO interest in Williams. They would only consider it if at this point, everyone knew Mitch was "the guy" and you wanted to protect him from further injury. Mitch is clearly not "The guy" so why waste so much $$$ to protect him? Ain't happening.

No way the Bears are able to swing a trade for Williams, but in addition to being a top tier pass blocker he’s also the best run blocking OT in the league. His physicality is unparalleled, dude rag dolls defenders on the regular. Williams would elevate the offense immediately and significantly.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is just goofy. I doubt we trade for him but Mitch being good or bad has zero effect on it. Getting thanked for that has more to do with dumping on Mitch than any consideration about the actual situation. Why wouldn't you want to improve the line for our run game or much less mobile QBs, LOL.

Fuck, is it Sunday yet?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This trade seems truly crazy from the Rams point of view.

They traded M.Peters and his contract to Balt before they made the J.Ramsey trade so they got money off the books and also got rid of one of the most overrated CB's in the league in M.Peters. But they sure did give up a huge chunk for Ramsey. No way Jax was gonna turn that deal down no matter how much love the Jags had for him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way the Bears are able to swing a trade for Williams, but in addition to being a top tier pass blocker he’s also the best run blocking OT in the league. His physicality is unparalleled, dude rag dolls defenders on the regular. Williams would elevate the offense immediately and significantly.

Yeah...if they would take Leno off our hands in the trade it would be ideal.

Howerver, I think he upgrades your top 5, and actually upgrades 2 positions because with current guys, Leno can only play LT, and is best when pass blocking. I think you play Williams at RT on this line and slide Massie into the phone booth. That ride side would road grade and Daniels/Whitehair be pulling. Ideal.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Too much money.

There's ways to be able to do it. Just look at what the Rams do every year by finding ways to get the big names and pay them. We'd have to do what the Rams just did to get Ramsey by trading M.Peters before they traded for Ramsey so we'd have to trade C.Leno first and then trade for T.Williams or trade some other contract. There's always ways to create cap space but still don't see Pace making that trade and for some reason the Redskins refuse to trade him cause they've supposedly been getting calls since the season started about him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah...if they would take Leno off our hands in the trade it would be ideal.

Howerver, I think he upgrades your top 5, and actually upgrades 2 positions because with current guys, Leno can only play LT, and is best when pass blocking. I think you play Williams at RT on this line and slide Massie into the phone booth. That ride side would road grade and Daniels/Whitehair be pulling. Ideal.

I would try to slide Leno to RG and Whitehair to LG and slot Williams in where he needs to be at LT. Leno was really bad when we first got him and he played on the right side at RT and RG.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Because if you have a strong running game and top defense you can win a super bowl...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Leno would get dump trucked at G, he was a disaster at RT even. No way could he bang on DTs all game.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I would try to slide Leno to RG and Whitehair to LG and slot Williams in where he needs to be at LT. Leno was really bad when we first got him and he played on the right side at RT and RG.
So you’d move Whitehair to left guard where he is already playing? Also Leno who has been bull rushed by safeties several times this season you’d put inside to match up with DT’s where he needs to display strength to anchor down? Sounds like solid moves.

Personally I think if Coward or whoever is solid at RG, then Daniels will improve simply not having to worry about a liability next to him. If Daniels plays better and Williams were at LT then Whitehair could focus more on mauling instead of the liabilities alongside him.